Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    They should demand all eggs from that final 'iffy' Easter quest line back and threaten players with account banning.
    Those players did take advantage of a game glitch they knew wasn't meant to exist.

Blame the players, not the programmers... it is what we expect, lol
    LMAO

We have a saying in our country. There is no perfect translation but it i will try ""It is not important whether i' m fine. It is important others to feel worse than me"
    Your words are evidence that this is true in the RL Im 99% sure that you had the extra 5th event quest ,and you got some eggs from it but not all (like me) - i don't see where you said that you will give them back....

Why do you blame the players about the mistakes of the game programmers?

Many of us lost lots of troops because other mistakes made by the same people(thank you for that BB) - and 99% of us didn't got any refund.....Think about that

BB fixed this issue quick(i was surprised),and i think that it was good and fair solution.
    Last edited by Bfreak; 09.04.15 at 12:42.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    According to the Dev Diary, "Searches that were started before Removal Phase I still have the chance to provide Stripy eggs".

What Dorotheus is trying to say is that he got eggs back from searches as described in the Dev Diary. So did I. In fact, more of my explorers did than not. Just because you did not get any does not mean that the Dev Diary was wrong. However improbable it is that none of your explorers brought back any eggs, it is statistically possible... because each of them also had a chance to NOT bring back eggs.
    I had my lucky explorers come back with eggs and they came back the same day. None of the other 9 who came back on Wednesday and this morning had any eggs. The probability of that happening is roughly 0.2 %. Then add others who have had the exact same problem and we start to see a pattern. ***removed*** Had it been only my explorers, I would probably have put it down to bad luck even though it requires an insane amount of bad luck for that to occur. But when more people report the same thing, then we have a pattern.

Which seems more plausible, multiple players having extreme bad luck at the same time or BB making yet another mistake with a script they have already admitted was broken?

Please do not insult other players
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 09.04.15 at 13:04.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfreak View Post
    Why do you blame the players about the mistakes of the game programmers?
    Umm, I don't.

My post was humourous, as MCLueppers noticed and I presumed others would too.

That part of my post was about how BB handled the glitch where people got extra storehouses or something (during a summer event).
    I did get 40 eggs for the first part of a 5th quest chain, cannot easily refund them though as I donated over 2700 spare eggs to a guildie who hadn't got his MMA.

I too was kind of surprised how fast BB fixed the issue (that they created)
    Last edited by Tripi; 09.04.15 at 14:03.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Over on the German forum they're looking at the Explorer/Eggs issue as well, but with a little more direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Orowa
    I would be very interested if this is true for everyone or if reports so far have only been coincidence:

via Google Trans
    G Trans struggles with "not"s and "no"s but the gist of the rest of the post seems to be:

Has anyone experienced anything different from:

A) Players whose Explorers found eggs still had an active Easter quest.
    B) Players whose Explorers found no eggs had no active Easter quest.
    For the original post click here.

This nudges up against what people are saying here about Maintenance vs. Removal.

In my case explorers sent after Maint but before Removal Phase 1 all found 0 eggs. When they returned there was no active Easter quest in my book.

I've not read the full thread on .de to see if anyone refutes the 'timing' issue so included it here.

Some other points that have been raised in our forum are: Did the search length matter? Did the specific quest matter?

Since .com is currently poking at this with no direction it seems looking at specifics, to confirm or refute, might be more productive than making broad statements, posting assumptions and snarking at each other. Even if it turns out everything really was chance.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 09.04.15 at 15:21. Reason: tweak

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    I had my lucky explorers come back with eggs and they came back the same day. None of the other 9 who came back on Wednesday and this morning had any eggs. The probability of that happening is roughly 0.2 %. Then add others who have had the exact same problem and we start to see a pattern. ***removed*** Had it been only my explorers, I would probably have put it down to bad luck even though it requires an insane amount of bad luck for that to occur. But when more people report the same thing, then we have a pattern.
    Insult me all you like, that will not change the facts of statistical analysis. You may be right... the script may well have been broken. However, the "evidence" you are presenting of that proves no such thing because, no matter how many players report zero eggs returning, the chances of that happening will never be zero. In a player base of the kind of magnitude we have playing here you would need hundreds of players (if not thousands) to indicate any sort of pattern that is statistically relevant. So, unless you can get those kinds of numbers to start complaining about final explorer searches failing to return eggs then, I suspect, that all the luck in the world will not get Blue Byte to provide "any news on why the explorers did not bring back eggs even though they were sent out before the event ended" because, as far as they are concerned, some people got eggs back and others didn't. From their perspective, that is working as intended. Q.E.D.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
    In my case explorers sent after Maint but before Removal Phase 1 all found 0 eggs. When they returned there was no active Easter quest in my book.
    I my case I had tavern explorers on extra long search for 2 days with no eggs when they came back after the removal. The rest brought eggs before maintenance but came without when I sent them one more time before removal phase. Looking at the amount of players complaining I doubt it's just a pure misfortune. Then I questioned myself: how can one program explorer/geo action in general and there are 2 simple ways:

1) User sends a request to the server for explorer or geo action
    2) Server receives the requests and:
    2a) Makes all calculations necessary so that after a time interval the user receives their reward (inclusive scholar bonuses) and stores it in database
    or
    2b) Stores the request in the database and schedules a message to be sent to User then time interval expires. When time comes - does all calculations and permutations of possible awards and applies scholar bonus and messages User back.
    3) User receives in-game mail

Now if the game follows 2a) then it's a pure misfortune and lack of luck in our case, but 2b) raises a flag - the calculations at the time might take into account that Removal phase 1 is now active, hence no eggs should be given and just permutes the rest of the awards.

Of course we'd never know how the game works and honestly I don't even expect any response to these claims - for BB it works as expected.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MCLueppers View Post
    I my case I had tavern explorers on extra long search for 2 days with no eggs when they came back after the removal. The rest brought eggs before maintenance but came without when I sent them one more time before removal phase. Looking at the amount of players complaining I doubt it's just a pure misfortune. Then I questioned myself: how can one program explorer/geo action in general and there are 2 simple ways:

1) User sends a request to the server for explorer or geo action
    2) Server receives the requests and:
    2a) Makes all calculations necessary so that after a time interval the user receives their reward (inclusive scholar bonuses) and stores it in database
    or
    2b) Stores the request in the database and schedules a message to be sent to User then time interval expires. When time comes - does all calculations and permutations of possible awards and applies scholar bonus and messages User back.
    3) User receives in-game mail

Now if the game follows 2a) then it's a pure misfortune and lack of luck in our case, but 2b) raises a flag - the calculations at the time might take into account that Removal phase 1 is now active, hence no eggs should be given and just permutes the rest of the awards.

Of course we'd never know how the game works and honestly I don't even expect any response to these claims - for BB it works as expected.
    I've had a little look at that with the geologists. You can send out geologists before the deposit in question is empty, at least most of the times. It doesn't work if you are too fast and I've had better luck with the longer searches such as coal. So it seems like they don't do the check when the explorer is sent. The exact timing seems to be a bit of a mystery since it's clearly not directly when the geologist is sent out and it's not only when he is about to return. So based on that and on the fact that my lucky explorers who only need 11 hours to do a very long search brought eggs but none of my fast or normal explorers who need 20-40 hours brought any eggs. Also, the explorers who were sent out before the event started did not get any eggs when they returned. So it's not when they are sent out and not when they return but somewhere in the middle. I don't know why they would design it like that but that's how the game acts.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Since .com is currently poking at this with no direction it seems looking at specifics, to confirm or refute, might be more productive than making broad statements, posting assumptions and snarking at each other.
    Mine:
    13 Explorers all sent on very long searches between 8 and 11pm Monday evening (just before maintenance).
    Bonus 5th Quest: The one with: produce 1000 brew then find 50 eggs on very long searches.
    Result: Zero eggs found.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Since .com is currently poking at this with no direction it seems looking at specifics, to confirm or refute, might be more productive than making broad statements, posting assumptions and snarking at each other.
    Agreed!

My results were as follows:

3 Lucky Explorers, 1 Experienced Explorer, 1 Savage Scout and 3 Tavern Explorers all sent out on very long searches during the hour or two prior to maintenance on Monday night.

The Lucky Explorers returned late Tuesday morning - TWO with eggs.
    The Experienced Explorer returned during Tuesday afternoon - with eggs.
    The Savage Scout returned during Tuesday evening - with eggs.
    The Tavern Explorers returned during Wednesday evening - ONE with eggs.

The quest line that spawned for me on Tuesday morning was the one that required 50 eggs to be found on very long searches for the second task. However, the quest was removed from my quest book before I was able to collect any of the eggs brought back by my explorers.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    I've had a little look at that with the geologists. You can send out geologists before the deposit in question is empty, at least most of the times.
    In my experience it is allocated as soon as search started.

Using Slow and then Fast geologists versus one deposit...

Send Slow
    Send Fast
    Fast returns with nothing
    (post a trade as someone gazzumphed, lol)
    Slow returns with the deposit...

Reply to Thread