Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    So explorers and eggs..
    Just before maint week one I had around 2000 eggs. I had bought during that week 4 fast exps for gems so they did not have a whole week to collect.
    A significant portion came from 3 luckies upto that point.
    The maint for week 1 happened and despite "no changes to drop rates" it took me 9 days to get the remaining approx 1100 eggs.
    During that time I kept a close look at my exps and I would say the tavern and 7 fast (3 experianced, 4 savage) seemed unchanged.

By far the biggest difference was that there were no double drops at all from luckies where as before the week 1 maint it was probably 75% or so, not only that but regularly luckies returned with nothing.

Were it not for the week 1 high drop rate I think I would have failed to get to the 3200 point. Seems to be a completely unreasonable amount, even buying moe savage would seem a risk.

As far as overall eggs, getting them from adventures is quite painless. RB/BK spam week one for me, then I switched to traitors after exhausting my outlaws adventure stock. I think I get around the same, maybe slightly less from Traitors, but I prefer the not having to swap/sell LS all the time. I had a few times I was notably held up, and one time that I ended up holding up others for 15 mins. The overreaction of one person when this happened just mean't I couldn't be bother with selling any more.

I will get everything I wanted in a day or so. Then its just some grout to add back to stores.

Was a bit more challening than most events but to me :
    1) Far too much luck involved, I have just started the last quest chain and it relys on drops from explorers, which is full RNG (random number generation) and I could in theory fail this one. BB needs to think about this more and maybe replace things like find 50 eggs from extra long, with send 5 explorers on extra long searches. Gives far more controllability and removes the RNG.
    2) I have a deeply unpleasant taste in my mouth at the nerf of lucky explorers. I SPECIFICALLY bought the 3rd one and 75% skilled it up for the easter event, week 1 it operated as expected, following the maintenance it was CLEARLY nerfed, yet BB deny this. Its about time they started coming clean and actually responding with the truth. YOU DID DO SOMETHING TO LUCKY DROP RATES BY STOPPING THE SECOND EGG SLOT SO STOP DENYING IT. By denying it your either incompetent or lying, neither of which is a great thing to have to be branded with.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornlinzy1 View Post
    In reply to Nihilsta ^^ I think imo that's what BB wanted... low to mid level players probably haven't seen how much BB have changed the game for the worse over the last year....so they will most likely be the ones to buy gems.

It is very sad the way things are now, I used to look forward to logging in, but not anymore...all I think is what have they changed now
    bingo...thumbs up... :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Humans evolved to do pattern matching, this allowed our primitive ancestors to spot the leopard in grass before it attacked. The problem is in the modern world with it's reliance on computer based random number generation our evolved instincts cause us to see patterns where none exists. The truth of the matter is despite what is claimed here tomorrow there will be a flurry of me too's from those who succeeded despite all the talk of it's impossibility in here.

It's a verifiable fact that every single time BB have introduced an event which requires a reliance on random numbers players have posted in the forums about how wrong BB in this, yet every time players do prove the naysayers wrong.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Humans evolved to do pattern matching, this allowed our primitive ancestors to spot the leopard in grass before it attacked. The problem is in the modern world with it's reliance on computer based random number generation our evolved instincts cause us to see patterns where none exists. The truth of the matter is despite what is claimed here tomorrow there will be a flurry of me too's from those who succeeded despite all the talk of it's impossibility in here.

It's a verifiable fact that every single time BB have introduced an event which requires a reliance on random numbers players have posted in the forums about how wrong BB in this, yet every time players do prove the naysayers wrong.
    If by players you are talking about those playing 24/7 then yes, you are right; or those with huge investments (gem wise), again you'd be right... it is possible. Myself and others are proof of that. Apart from that, your naivity is telling from miles away... I also find your analogy to be quite insulting but I will not go into that due to forum rules.

Just because "some" can doit, it doesn't make it right or good or well done or what have you. That is relative, unless you have access to the numbers and can support your so called claim.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post

That's why I have been tracking my egg yield since I noticed the change so I have the actual data to back it up. I get a pretty consistent egg yield of 160 on average. The greatest variation is cause by my slow explorers that take two days to come back. If you bother to do the maths, you can quite easily see that someone at BB did not think things through all the way. Unless you think buying all 10 fast explorers and 1 lucky for like 18000 gems only to barely get the 3200 eggs in the 21 days given. Few would have finished that achievement if they had gotten the egg yield right from the start because few people have enough explorers. I could live with that if the rest of the event was thought through but it wasn't PvP is a broken mess and it has been repeated that it's completely volontary. Without PvP, you have to get every single one of the other achievements for the event to get the egg basket to level 6. That includes paying 95 gems for an adventure and 495 eggs for 5 scenarios.

The neat thing with random numbers is that they average out after awhile, unless you are using a very bad RNG. But most standard RNGs in modern programming languages are good enough for things like these. I don't know which language is used for the back end. So please don't be condescending just because you don't know how to do the basic maths and statistics required to see past the random numbers. I guess you need to study up on game design as well.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    Without PvP, you have to get every single one of the other achievements for the event to get the egg basket to level 6. That includes paying 95 gems for an adventure and 495 eggs for 5 scenarios.
    Not quite correct... you can miss out the Expedition Achievements and Garrun the Trapper and still clear the threshold of points needed for level 6 Easter Basket (with five to spare).

However, your point is well made. In order to skip on the Colony achievements, you must finish both the Adventure and Explorer achievement lines to still get a level 6 Basket. The irony being, of course, that those who have enough Scouts to achieve 3200 eggs with ease are also likely to be the ones most able to cope with the resource sink that is Colony Mode.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 03.04.15 at 02:56.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Not just a resource sink but also a time sink with a double whammy. As time spent chasing eggs from expeditions is time not spent on adventures in addition you also had to divert your explorers from the resource searches.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Are the expeditions really just a resource sink with the weapon price change? Im told it doesnt take much time to complete an expedition so it doesnt interfere with adventures too much? Dont you need just a few explorers to find a colony?

Oh and the Swift Supplier - is he useful and worth buying?

World
    Newfoundland
    Swifty is only useful if you do a lot of PvPee, if you don't, don't bother unless you have the spare eggs and are planning to PvPee in the future

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    With level 3 armory and academy you need one day to replenish colony troops for small expedition, and more iron bars than I produce with 2 buffed level 4 iron smelters. Don't know if it's cheaper than it was before, but it's still kinda expensive. Maybe in time colony yield will make up for the loss. I just hope people will continue to abandon fights on my island, like the two already have.

Back to the point, with 2000 eggs already found I don't think I can get find 1200 more eggs for Master eggs-plorer, and I can't possibly make 500 eggs from expeditions for Master explorer first-class (let alone 800 eggs for the final achievement), so the only option for me is to spend 95 gems and 495 eggs, and hope that I can collect 200 eggs from expeditions. That's pretty expensive, and not in my to-do list, but we'll see what happens until the event ends.

Reply to Thread