Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotamedu View Post
    .. So their emergency fix was broken as usual and now many of us got a new quest chain. Some were allowed to finish it, others tried and got nothing and others still got the deleted after a couple of minutes. The devs have once again shown themselves to be incompetent.
    I'm not 100% convinced it's devs fault when the execution fails.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MCLueppers View Post
    I'm here to ask what to do with adventures that no-one including me is going to play beginning from today.
    Same thing you do with SOTV, VTV, Wild Mary, Gunpowder, ....

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Slice2013 View Post
    I'm lvl40 with 3 Explorers and 1 Experienced Explorer. I can't even finish (or start) the last quest chain I got a few days ago, because my explorers can't find 50 eggs on very long search. They just returned 2x16 eggs today and they will be back with their second attempt when the event has already ended. Even if the experienced one brings back 17 eggs tomorrow, that'll make 49 and a ruined 2015 easter event for me.

And what idiot decided that the event has to end when the easter holidays start anyway...

Edit: Maybe I'm a bit too hasty, the dev diary isn't that clear to me: "phase1: Easter Quests will be deactivated. Started Easter (sub-)quests can still be completed, but no new weekly quest will spawn afterwards."
    Does that mean I can finish the whole quest chain, or only the subquest I started?
    Not sure why people complain about the 'unplanned' 5th quest chain disappearing. My 4th quest chain (and started subquest) also disappeared...
    At least I finally got my 50 eggs from very long search this morning around 8:30, but producing 300 sausages with 1 butcher in 30min was a no-go.

World
    Newfoundland

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Removal phase I: 7th of April 2015 around 09:00 AM BST

Explorers won't find Stripy eggs any more:
    Searches that were started before Removal Phase I still have the chance to provide Stripy eggs
    So bolded part turned out to be not true. Again.

"Only searches that finish before the activation of Removal Phase I have the chance to provide Stripy eggs". Its cool. Its OK. It makes sense.

Why keep lying about it?
    Last edited by topgearfan; 07.04.15 at 18:27.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    So, some got to do an extra chain quest (if they were lucky or around the time) and some not... what's new with this game?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post

I didn't really think much of the adventure drop rates, It was heavily geared to 1 player adventures, It didn't really bring a "team work" vibe that the 2014 event delivered on. 225 eggs from iotp was to much imo, Maybe a way forward would be to lower the top end rolls, and increase the bottom end chances/amounts, to give newer players an increased chance on loots.

The pvp aspect was decent, but only 1 item in the shop as a reward for this? expand please in future events.
    Im sure you are aware that with swapping BK/RB had the best drop rate of the adventures. So playing 1 player adventures was a choice for the lazy people not interested in team work. Choices are good. Also the fact that easy 1 player advs gave very high drops was great for new players. Has been different in the past. If I misunderstood you please correct me.

The whole Expeditions part of the Merchant (like the feature itself really) seems unfinished. I mean only some buffs for gems - what is this - free to play?!

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    The Four Winds.

I was stuck for days & days on the gather granite from Surprise Attack part of the quest. I was a lower level back then and had to wait to rebuild troops and find swaps for the loots. But it was exciting and FUN!!! And I think that's what we need again
    I liked Four Winds a lot.
    There was quite a lot of whine about the random in that quest chain back then. You dont have to look far to find the same about this event. If BB is taking notes it says: 'players want less random'..
    Last edited by topgearfan; 07.04.15 at 18:56.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    So bolded part turned out to be not true. Again.

"Only searches that finish before the activation of Removal Phase I have the chance to provide Stripy eggs". Its cool. Its OK. It makes sense.

Why keep lying about it?
    My guys still coming home with eggs.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Im sure you are aware that with swapping BK/RB had the best drop rate of the adventures. So playing 1 player adventures was a choice for the lazy people not interested in team work. Choices are good. Also the fact that easy 1 player advs gave very high drops was great for new players. Has been different in the past. If I misunderstood you please correct me.

The whole Expeditions part of the Merchant (like the feature itself really) seems unfinished. I mean only some buffs for gems - what is this - free to play?!
    RB/BK/DB may well have had more as a roll, but it certainly didn't have more per hour. IOTP can be done in 28mins with rolls up to 225, so 56mins can = up to 450, How many RB/BK/DB can be played within 56mins? 1? bearing in mind guides hadn't been written for the MOD till almost the end of the event. 1 would be up to 101*3 = up to 303? per 55mins-1hour (and even then if you get a numpty go afk your done for)

WOTS can be done in 36mins, up to 150 per time, 1hour 12 mins for up to 300, and your not relying on trade channel? your not at the mercy of an afker?

Its also not for "lazy" people as you put it, It was sensible due to bottle necks with the multiplayer swapping and the delays it causes. But even so it would have been nice to have a alternative that could compete per hour with eggs, Multiplayers just couldn't do it this year.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 07.04.15 at 22:52.

World
    Newfoundland
    Has been different in the past.
    different in the past? 2014 dark priests was a very good option for new players.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle

Odd Removal Phase I

Ok, so removal phase one came and went, most seemed as specified in the information posts, just with a couple of oddities:

1. Got a 5th Easter event quest become active.
    Managed the first part, produce 1k brew.
    High hopes on the second part as I had over ten explorers out seeking eggs on v.long searches

From this dev diary thread
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel
    Explorers won't find Stripy eggs any more:
    Searches that were started before Removal Phase I still have the chance to provide Stripy eggs
    So far about ten have returned with absolutely nothing between them...

Is this just bad explorer luck or was the information wrong?
    Did other people get new Easter event quests?

Reply to Thread