Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Easter Event 2015

World
    Sandycove
    Just amazed they chose during the Easter event to make the changes to the explorers; wouldn't have hurt to delay that until after the event given all the other bugs introduced previously.
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 27.03.15 at 14:45.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    After investigating the recent complaints regarding a lower drop rate for Stripy Eggs on Explorer searches, the conclusion was that the drop rate wasn't changed.

A fix for the Sturdy Shovel skill was deployed, which appears to be the reason Explorers with this skill are bringing in less eggs.
    Sturdy Shovel was not working correctly when it came to Stripy Eggs and Explorers were finding a significantly increased number of event resources (Stripy Eggs) when this skill was involved (approx 4 times more).

Sturdy Shovel only affects the amount of loot found on a treasure search, not the chance to find a particular treasure.
    No drop rates have been changed.
    So you changed the rules drastically after a week when quite a few of us had decided the expected amount of eggs we could reasonably get? You then didn't tell us about it. Did they actually check this in the game or did they just check their internal update list? Have they run a couple of hundred searches to see if things actually work as they should or are they once again just assuming things are working because they didn't mean to change anything? Past experiences have thought us that the devs and programmers are rather useless at their jobs. Like insisting that the explorer event bugs were just graphical glitches when the forums was full of proof of the opposite. How do they manage to deploy so many bugs to the live server? What is the test server even for?

What are the percentages for finding eggs? We could help to check if enough of us just reported our findings but it's hard to do when we don't know what to expect. Why is basic information always obfuscated and hidden?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    I also have 3 lucky explorers and since the maintenance they have found zero eggs not only that but they no longer bring back buffs, granted it was only wheat field buffs and the likes but now nothing and all my others are not bringing back very many now why did I bother upgrading them all, waste of time resources and effort.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by unicornlinzy1 View Post
    I also have 3 lucky explorers and since the maintenance they have found zero eggs not only that but they no longer bring back buffs, granted it was only wheat field buffs and the likes but now nothing and all my others are not bringing back very many now why did I bother upgrading them all, waste of time resources and effort.
    I think BB should consider a week or so of free refunds of all books for those who invested in the turdy shovel. This would allow people to revise their choices accordingly without incurring any losses of science resource.
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 27.03.15 at 15:21.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry Ravel but I cant see how this is working as intended.
    If you want to convince us you need to give us the following info ;
    1) chance of x,x,x eggs per search
    2) confirmation if luckies are supposed to have extra slots(s) for eggs or not

because I am seeing massively different results and with the returns I am getting I think I am now at risk of not making the 3200 achievment where i was well past half way with only 1 week gone
    Thats with 3 luckies, 7 fast and 3 tavern

So explain how many explorers we are expected to need to be able to achieve the 3200 with these find rates!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    I think BB should consider a week or so of free refunds of all books for those who invested in the turdy shovel. This would allow people to revise their choices accordingly without incurring any losses of science resource.
    You want reimbursing for the fact that now they are working as intended your not getting so many, good luck with that.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Did you get double egg finds on non-Lucky scouts with Trouble seeker before this weeks maintenance?
    Have you got any double egg finds after this weeks maintenance?
    Yes, i have Trouble seeker on all of them.
    Normal and speedy explorers were bringing up to 2 slots of eggs, lucky ones were bringing up to 3 slots.
    After the maintenance all explorers bring just 1 slot and if in the past from my 15 speedy ones, up to 5 were bringing one slot of eggs or none, now i get 5 drops of eggs from them ...

World
    Sandycove
    Hate to say it guys but mine seem to be working normally through out. They have not brought back huge amounts all the time, just in the middle range, with some bringing back the top amount balanced with some bringing back none at all. Maybe those who had a good run in the first week are now getting the negative side of the overall percentage, and are therefore seeing `foul play' on BB's side where none really exists. Having said that, I don't blame you at all for thinking this way, I said after the inter server event, that trust was never going to be the same again between players and BB if they kept `their workings' hidden from the players, combined with the amount of bugs that turn out to effect `working as designed' aspects of the game.
    For those wanting the conspiracy theory, a cynic might combine the drop of in egg finds during the second week with a `happy hour' as even more compelling evidence to the cause
    I would like to add that I like the improved Diary's and updates. We are getting a faster flow of `useful' information from BB_Ravel and the dev team. I just hope it lasts longer than when improvements in this department happened on test....which didn't last long
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You want reimbursing for the fact that now they are working as intended your not getting so many, good luck with that.
    How were we to know that the turdy shovel wasn't working as intended?? Its description is "allows finding x% more loot on treasure searches". Eggs are found on treasure searches, ergo eggs are loot... Had BB bothered to post the chances of find x amount of eggs per search, then we would have clicked ages ago. But for them to have us believe for, what 2 years now is it? that they had previously been working as intended is just mystifying

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    My three fast and three normal expolorers brought more eggs than my lucky ones in total,respectively for each type. I have 3 lucky and 5-6 long/very long searches only results in one of them bringing eggs, so to find this much egg they have to have 5-6% chance, wow so much luck to share. Also no more double egg loot in lucky. I'm not complaining the about the number of eggs found if ever found, but the ratio to find. I can't believe BB while this many people complains from this same problem assuming this is working as intended form BB's perspective. Some naughty wabbits might have eaten the four-leaf clover and stole the power from the UNlucky explorers formerly known as lucky explorers.

Reply to Thread