Reply to Thread

Thread: Cavalry

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove

Cavalry

I think it is about time the production time for Cavalry is rebalanced and cut by at least 50% this unit is so under utilised at the moment and players are loathe to use it, the main reason being it takes so long to produce significant amounts even when the barracks are buffed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    -1 as well
    The balance is fine. If you are going to kill cav, plan ahead and build some in advance, same with soldiers and militia.
    If you kill some by accident, bad luck, but always better than rebuilding cannons

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    -1 as well
    The balance is fine. If you are going to kill cav, plan ahead and build some in advance, same with soldiers and militia.
    If you kill some by accident, bad luck, but always better than rebuilding cannons
    I think your missing what I'm trying to say, I don't kill cavalry precisely because they take an hour to rebuild I'd rather kill stuff with a shorter rebuild. I cannot see why the units in the same tier take 40 minutes to rebuild.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I think your missing what I'm trying to say, I don't kill cavalry precisely because they take an hour to rebuild I'd rather kill stuff with a shorter rebuild. I cannot see why the units in the same tier take 40 minutes to rebuild.
    no i am not
    It's something i disliked at first as well, but it makes sense. You don't get to kill cavs off a lot, only some adventures, like ML.
    What if you can rebuild cavs as fast as rec, what's the *difficulty* of ML then ?
    Same with DB, kill cav and have a chance of the witch tower, but they kind of killed that with the witch tower in RB now.

World
    Newfoundland
    -1 from me too, if we are going to talk about cav problems, lets start with getting horses out of the loot tables...I see no issue with the amount of time taken to rebuild them.

World
    Newfoundland

Since the disappearance of DB cav have become as redundant as K, Xbow and Dama swords, as players burn them enough to require large stacks of them.

Reducing the production time makes no sense, they would not be cheaper to use in place of Recruits and they function differently.

And I agree they should be removed from loot, either that or DB should be reinstated to the shop.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Sandycove
    I think the troop cost/build time is ok like it is
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    This was a huge issue when I had a level 3 barracks and no MMA. I avoided Witch of the Swamp for this reason. Now I'm just used to not killing cavs and also with the MMA, I mostly don't even need to. On the other hand, horses are dirt cheap because everyone gets them in loot and because after making a few hundred cavs, we just don't need as many horses as we produce. So I agree that cavs aren't the best balanced units but I don't know if shortening the training time is the way to go.

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I agree with Bluesavannah. The extra time it takes to build cav does seem to be out of proportion to me. Also that it takes 40 horses per unit, not that that matters so much with the number of horses I've been getting in loot. But why is it 10 swords for most units, and 40 horses for a cavalry unit? Because the settlers are fat on sausages the horses tire quickly?

Reply to Thread