Reply to Thread

Thread: More Gem Pits

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Post More Gem Pits

When BB going increase Gem Pits number again? Are they taking their time? Something like from 10 to 20? Like last time, when Gems Pit amount was doubled. When we, players, can expect increase? Or at least 10 active Gem Pits per Island?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I doubt BB would increase limit again, maybe they could do a special offer like selling an additional gem pit for £40

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am sure that BB have realised that Gem Pits are not a cash cow to them. Gem Pit owners fall into 3 camps;

1) The type of player that occasionally buys gems for their own needs and invested in a gem pit as a way of doubling their 'investment' - this type of player is unlikely to need more than 10 pits and BB recognise that as a casual buyer of gems they are likely to make a gem purchase again to purchase their second, third etc gem pit. BB like this player as they create a small but steady income stream. Allowing this player to accumulate many more pits would cut off this income stream.

2) The type of player that slowly accumulates gems to buy 1 pit and then slowly reinvest the proceeds to buy 2 then 3 etc - this type of player would benefit from unlimited gem pits but BB will never make any more money out of them.

3) The type of player that bought all 5 immediately with cash / gems and then used the gems as the pits depleted. This type of player may have had gems to buy the next 5 but if not they would likely buy gems again to get the next 5. For this player BB recognise that this is the 'premium cash cow' type of player as they will buy as and when they need them. Enabling these players to have another 10 gem pits would enable this player to never spend any more money in the game - not something they want to encourage.

I bought the first 5 and they was empty for about 4 months before BB increased it to 10. I bought the next 5 and they have been empty for many months. I can't see BB increasing it again and I have to say thinking about the above, I wonder why they would. I am still sat on loads of gems and nothing really to spend them on apart from at events and even then only if feeling lazy.

Reply to Thread