Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lag is back with a Vengeance :(

World
    Newfoundland
    Issues Ravel?
    That is the best understatement of 2015 i have hear so far.
    1/Gens double attacking,when they eventually launch, (which i have had take up to 67 seconds), no possibility of safe blocks therefore.
    2/A small fat man with a big hammer who keeps trying to bash my computer.
    3/kicked off 4 times so far, with really long time to log back in, (when not got the 'server is busy' rubbish message)
    4/lagged building queue,and Teflon coated buildings that don't want to take buffs for a couple of goes
    5/a prem that is wasting away on what is so far the worst event i have experienced in the game that is usually fun so far
    6/ (lots of swearing cos i am unhappy with the tech side of this badly organized start to the event)
    7/there are other things wrong,but im bored with typing now

have a nice day

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    Not sure about anyone else, but Im also experiencing lag on the forum pages loading? (if that helps any?)
    same here!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MCLueppers View Post
    Last time I remember they used it was for the island expansions and moving buildings and the results although successful didn't bring any positive change in game - we have mountain removal now...
    Just because the updates didn't arrive does not mean the stress test did not serve its purpose.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    when i visit friend's island, i saw his building queue
    one of the event quest chain disappears from my quest list maybe i completed the 2-quest chain in a weird way, as i saw this quest in my adventure quest and clicked complete there to finish it
    Last edited by aiur228; 17.03.15 at 16:12.

World
    Newfoundland
    half the issue is there are no longer enough players on test server
    They use to put incentives up, "30 free pumpkins" etc. Any stress test I was involved in was successful. Not saying that iv been in them all ofc I have work and things, cant be here 24/7

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Not sure about anyone else, but Im also experiencing lag on the forum pages loading? (if that helps any?)
    Not so much with pages loading, but clicking on "reply with quote" is causing it for me.

However, what I really came here for was to report the experience I had a little while back doing something so simple as placing a Cheese Sandwich buff.

1. I selected the Cheese Sandwich from my Star Menu and clicked it onto my Mayor's House.
    2. I waited some 2-3 minutes with the buff not activating before I get a "Server is busy" message.
    3. Game restarted and the buff activates right after I get back in.
    4. I have to do another (manual) restart because my Guild and Officer chat tabs are missing after the first restart.

All in all it took me the better part of 10 minutes to apply a buff that only lasts ten minutes.

After reading, last week, what changes were planned for today I had braced myself for inevitable problems today. However, this is beyond even my most cynical of expectations because, in the two (plus) years I have been playing this game, this is the absolute worst lag I have ever experienced in game and I cannot recall ever before having experienced issues with lag trying to post in the forums.

I think this about nails the problem on the head though:

half the issue is there are no longer enough players on test server - because nobody there listened when we WERE there...

Now we have non-stress tested releases on live instead. Fix test (ie get a CM on there who actually listens and responds to players, then you may have more from live going back to test server to give more feedback)...
    EDIT:
    I placed a Love Potion right before I started typing this post.
    After tabbing back to the game I am greeted by a "Server is Busy" message once again.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 17.03.15 at 15:51.

World
    Sandycove
    from the feedback on there in recent months, numerous have given up even expecting a BB representative to answer them on forum; now thats kind of sad if they want ppl to test stuff, dont you think?

This was getting to be this way quite some time ago, and I mentioned it way back when. However, seems the Test environment cant keep a long-term CM now, and its just deteriorated.

Get a regular forum BB contact back on there, address our concerns/answer our queries, and Im pretty sure things would improve if our responses are acted on

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Keep resetting when accepting a ls on adventure. Now sent attack on BK and game has reset again.
    The game severely lags when you accept the adv ls before it goes into star and doesn't come on screen. Have to keep ticking the box.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Black hole swallows every bit of information between users and server. Someones call it lag

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Awaiting confirmation takes ages, imposible to play, getting back from adventure to your home island takes 3-5 minutes if it ever loads.. in most cases faster to just refreshh... and stay in server busy window :/ Im on premium :/ they better extend premium for todays mishaps.. or there definetely going to be uproar from comunity...
    Last edited by ImSinner; 17.03.15 at 16:10.

Reply to Thread