Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: daily quest "Deer crossing" bug

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydions_heir View Post
    The quest only works if you have a level 2 hunter.
    Obviously another case of a quest that has been programmed using the operation Level=X, instead of Level>(X-1). Other ones I have encountered have been comparing player level, rather than the level of a building, but the problem is essentially the same. Honestly, how can experienced coders keep making this same 'schoolboy howler' of a mistake over and over again?

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Obviously another case of a quest that has been programmed using the operation Level=X, instead of Level>(X-1). Other ones I have encountered have been comparing player level, rather than the level of a building, but the problem is essentially the same. Honestly, how can experienced coders keep making this same 'schoolboy howler' of a mistake over and over again?
    [ removed ]

A more serious answer is that they are incompetent. Programmers, management, devs, none of them knows what they are doing. All aspects of the game is full of rookie mistakes. Their solutions to their rookie mistakes is too often either knee-jerk reactions that causes more damage or it's to just ignore it.

A halfway competent team would just remove it from circulation but they don't do that. They never do any roll backs on deployed code even when it completely breaks the game. Or if your theory is correct, which seems likely, they could spend a full 5 minutes to fix it.

Anyway, I have a better temporary solution that worked for me. I sent a support ticket demanding the 50 iron ore to be sent and then I deleted it. Support can send you resources if they want. I suggest everyone uses that solution until the fix the problem. Maybe they'll work fast when their own support staff is telling them to sort it out. But based on what I've heard, that's not very likely.

Hello Zotamedu,

Please don't use insults on the forum.

Thank you
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.04.15 at 18:51.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    http://prntscr.com/6rw4j9
    http://prntscr.com/6rw4l5
    still going on the bug is still continue

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mmzay View Post
    http://prntscr.com/6rw4j9
    http://prntscr.com/6rw4l5
    still going on the bug is still continue
    Send a ticket to support and demand the 50 iron ore.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    If the issue persists, please put in a support ticket as this needs to be investigated.

Thank you!
    Yes, the issue persists, For ALL players. I simply cancelled the quest after it didn't complete.

Thanks @BB development department for thinking so well about releasing "different" content without caring about the effects and @BB testing department for releasing completely untested content.
    Seems like quality risk management is a capability that's not on your strong side.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 11.04.15 at 06:25.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    It can't be right, I have several hunters, over level 2.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    The fact that people are still posting about it should surely be enough. Why do we need to post a support ticket about it?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Issue still exists, just got the dq and going to cancel it only have lvl 3 and lvl 4 hunters so its not worth it to build and upgrade one to lvl 2 for only 50 iron ore
    Hope BB will fix this one day.

Viltingas

Daily quest: Deer crossing

I have two Hunters with level 3, and I got Daily quest: "Deer crossing" - Upgrade at least 1 Hunter". As I have already upgradet thought it will be marked by game as resolved - but no - it hanging least a couple of weeks like unresolved :-( . I approached for help to support and received an answer that is solved only by the construction of new Hunter and then must by upgradet it. Because for me it is not necessary to have more Hunters then I will have demolished it at end quest. So resources I get at the end as a reward are less then the resources used to win this daily quest. The question is whether daily tasks designet for our willingness to solve tasks to reduce or increase?

Reply to Thread