Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MMA Vs Veteran

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Question MMA Vs Veteran

Hi Guys. Have been trying to decide whether to get an MMA or a Veteran General at the end of the Easter Event. I have neither at the moment and was wondering which to get bearing in mind there are other Easter goodies buying the Vet will probably allow. Looking through some of the guides I noticed that in many of them the MMA doesn't seem to have much of an advantage when it comes to losses although the Vet requires a greater supply of more expensive units. Any feedback on the relative advantages would be much appreciated as its easy to miss the subtlleties when just looking at the adventure stats. Thanks

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    MMA
    because MMA always will be good and useful. veteran will be useless when you buy major general.
    best combinations is MMA + MG
    Also MMA is better than veteran on 80% camp, vet is better in FT adventures
    BB don't understand their own game

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    If anyone should know, it's corona88 (has plenty of guides out there so knows what he/she's talking about), was gonna post how there aren't many guides (that was the case when i had to choose) for mma + soldier or crossbow only, but things have changed and more and more of those guides are emerging.

gl with decision.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    In the fan-site settlersonlinewiki.eu for most adventures it suggests a multitude of alternative configurations including mma + soldier &/or crossbow. If you look through the suggested attacks I think you will find that mma comes out losing significantly fewer troops against a large number of camps, which illustrates corona88's point.

World
    Newfoundland
    If you don't already a Veteran go for the Vet, and if you already have one, go for the MMA, but ofc if possible go for both.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    1st MMA, and after that if you can - Veteran. Corona88 explained perfectly why. Also maybe one day u will have(or u have now) gems and a wish to buy a general MMA price 7K gems / Veteran price 5K gems . Good luck
    Last edited by Bfreak; 26.03.15 at 11:27.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    MMA every time lets you do bigger adventures sooner, best example would be doing bk's at lvl 42 without doing suicide waves which wouldn't be the case with the vet. Saves a ton of troops on smaller adventures over time.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    MMA
    because MMA always will be good and useful. veteran will be useless when you buy major general.
    how can you say he is useless when you get major, when in fact in your FT guides (HLT) require Vet suicides

but to the OP MMA way better than vet get MMA first. and both if possible.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    MMA
    I agree 100%...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I find the MMA and MG are roughly equivalent in power, sometimes one is better, other times the other is better.
    I probably do more attacks with MMA than MG on the advs I normally play, but thats not to say others could not be the other way round.

MMA is clearly better than Vet

Reply to Thread