Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did BB lower the explorer eggs find rates??

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    No I'm saying the number of eggs I am getting a day has remained the same, therefore a higher percentage of explorers returning with eggs than I had before the fix
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    No I'm saying the number of eggs I am getting a day has remained the same, therefore a higher percentage of explorers returning with eggs than I had before the fix
    The thing I'm trying to get across is they might actually have broken the ability to find 2 buffs after the event is over.
    Regarding finding eggs themselves overall I might agree the average amount is still about the same, but my 3 Lucky's on Sandycove and the 3 on Norhisle are both finding more 0's and no 2nd amount on any search type.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    That is quite the opposite than in my case, last 4 days that i started the tracking on their egg finds, and took me a while as i thought i was just with bad luck a few times before, i received in total - roughly maybe 100 eggs, if even a 100 !
    Could also say the "fix" was successful in my case as i had no extra slot either.
    I have 3 fully speed + shovel skilled lucky explorers, and all others i could buy, so 17 in total, skilled the same way...
    Furthermore, I always send them straight away when they come home, so no idle time, my total egg count from explorers is now 2131, thanking to the first week before the "fix".
    If this continues there is no possible way to beat the 3200 achievement for me... It is definitely bugged somewhere else after the "fix" affecting the find chance.
    I wanted to say there is an obvious gap where some players are again affected by something and others are not, we witnessed such cases earlier with bugged quests, generals etc.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    you have too many explorers before you complain think about they people with only 2-3-4-5

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeePowered View Post
    you have too many explorers before you complain think about they people with only 2-3-4-5
    You miss a point

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    That is quite the opposite than in my case, last 4 days that i started the tracking on their egg finds, and took me a while as i thought i was just with bad luck a few times before, i received in total - roughly maybe 100 eggs, if even a 100 !
    Could also say the "fix" was successful in my case as i had no extra slot either.
    I have 3 fully speed + shovel skilled lucky explorers, and all others i could buy, so 17 in total, skilled the same way...
    Furthermore, I always send them straight away when they come home, so no idle time, my total egg count from explorers is now 2131, thanking to the first week before the "fix".
    If this continues there is no possible way to beat the 3200 achievement for me... It is definitely bugged somewhere else after the "fix" affecting the find chance.
    I wanted to say there is an obvious gap where some players are again affected by something and others are not, we witnessed such cases earlier with bugged quests, generals etc.
    I got same problem as you do and most of it with lucky other explorers at least bring me 35 eggs some times and lucky didnt bring me that number after that "fix" so where the luck gone maybe they are bad luck explorers now ? They really fixed something not right... Why we invested in these explorers buying them for gems if they bring less eggs then fast or slow explorers? And as you say to get 3200 achievement is like mission impossible right now its only good thing that we had that first week so might get there in few last days of this event... So i just dont understand why achievements so not even adv loot achievement i did in 2-3 days expedition in 10 days and this explorer achievement ill do in all time and im maxed out player and very active so i wonder how many players will get that basket fully upgraded but i guess not as many as i we though.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinXII View Post
    With all due respect this is nonsense... All the EVIDENCE points against what you are saying. The drop rates changed ALLOT since the emergency "FIX" was done.

We are NOT imagining it or being unlucky.. stats don't just change overnight from normal to super unlucky for the whole server.

I Kindly ask BB to look further.. something changed.. unintentionally maybe then but SOMETHING changed... the explores bring back VERY VERY low amounts of eggs.. You guys have the stats.. pull it up and compare to one week ago and you will see the same...

PLZ fix this...
    I'm afraid you're just on the bad end of the statistics. Myself, I've noticed an increase in egg drops from explorers since the emergency fix, and in all of my guild people are not complaining. I believe BB when they say they haven't altered the drop rate. They have no reason to lie. Good luck!

World
    Sandycove
    Antasil,
    i see your join date, and cannot believe my eyes what you're saying, just remember all events and "fixes", starting with the balloon anniversary event.
    They don't lie, they just keep things from us so we cant tell whether it's normal or not.

It's the same as you went to a grocery store and buy a marked box of oranges (with picture on top !) and when you get home you find out it's lemons inside, and you have no right for a refund or complain.
    People are investing their money in this game and should get what they paid for, but they received "unlucky explorers" and insanely lowered egg finds from all explorers, with an impossible event achievement on top.

Just to say, with 17 skilled explorers i should have gotten that achievement by now, if not a few days ago...
    Again some bug is there that affected some numbers of players and left others intact and that makes it more frustrating
    Last edited by Urgh123; 31.03.15 at 11:40.

World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to assure you that I will continue to pass on your feedback on this matter.
    The information received at this point is that all tests performed so far have shown that the drop rate is as intended and has not been modified.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 31.03.15 at 14:12.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I would like to assure you that I will continue to pass on your feedback on this matter.
    The information received at this point is that all tests performed so far have shown that the drop rate is as intended and has not been modified except for the Sturdy Shovel - and that was already explained.
    If that is the case, the devs forgot to do the maths when they decided that 3200 was a reasonable amount for the achievement. I have gotten on average 160 eggs per day on 13.5 very long searches per day. I get 12.42 eggs per search on average. That's 258 very long searches to pass it and we have 21 days so that means you need to be able to put out 13 very long searches per day. All my explorers have full sturdy shovels. So if you don't already have two lucky explorers from the football event, you need to buy ALL the available explorers for gems. That's a grand total of 3 normal, 10 fast and one lucky for 12,000 gems.

The patch notes give us some clue to what might have gone wrong. They recently changed the frequency of the event quests so it seems like they forgot that the event is only three weeks. Because 6 days between the quest chains makes no sense for a 21 day event. That leaves very little time for the last chain. So maybe they forgot that when they designed the achievement as well.

Also, the maths still do not add up on the egg yield. The reduction from sturdy shovel would correspond to about at most 30 % fewer eggs overall. I have since then increased my total searches per day by 40 %. I am still getting 30 % less eggs than I did before the change. The numbers do not add up.

Then there's the issue of them drastically changing the rules after a third of the event. Many of us spent the first week or so to evaluate the expected average egg income to plan the rest of the event and see which rewards and achievements that could reasonably be done. Then you go and completely change the rules without telling us. [ removed ]

It's also interesting how the devs were very fast when fixing bugs that gave an advantage to the players but game breaking bugs were left in. Instead of cancelling the obviously broken explorer event, they deployed a broken event on even more servers. They obviously know that the daily quest where you are supposed to have an upgraded hunter is bugged and cannot be completed. And still it's still in the game. It took them longer to fix broken adventures in the event.

So we only have two options here. Either the devs have broken something or they forgot to do the maths. Either way, someone messed up.

Hello Zotamedu,

Please don't use offensive language in your posts on this forum.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 31.03.15 at 14:38.

Reply to Thread