Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did BB lower the explorer eggs find rates??

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    My lucky explorers haven't brought back any eggs for days, why did BB change it half way through the event?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I would like to assure you that I will continue to pass on your feedback on this matter.
    The information received at this point is that all tests performed so far have shown that the drop rate is as intended and has not been modified.
    I don't know what these testers are doing but for a week the 3 lucky explorers I have on Sandcove and 3 on Norhisle have not once brought a double amount of eggs, that's 84 very long searches. So they have gone from retrieving double eggs about 75% of the time to never doing it, this is an incredible nerf and a significant amount of eggs. So either the double egg drop was never intended and has now been fixed or they are broken, I just want clarification one way or the other.

I have personally reached all the event achievements I need but a lot of people have been severely affected by these changes, BB might consider changing the 3200 eggs from explorers down to something more realistic given all the changes.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The drop rate has not been modified. That does not mean the 'bonus' from Explorer skills has not been modified. Perhaps that is the source of the discrepancy?

World
    Sandycove
    Just an add to my previous post...

After an unscheduled and pretty sudden maintainance that took place on April 2nd my explorers started bringing eggs at normal rates.
    Out of 17 i have about 5 or so returned emptyhanded, which is quite nice for a change.
    It is my belief that maintainance was done because of quite number of complaints about explorer find rates after the first "fix" that (probably unintentionally) spoiled the basic mechanics. Hopefully, that has been fixed now.
    Although, the damage to the players that counted on their number of explorers for conquering the last 3200 explorer achievement was already done.
    We can only hope to be in "favor of the gods" for the last few days of the event in order to get the level 6 event building...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    A "quick fix" for BB would be to lower the requirement for a level 6 Easter basket to 520 achievement points, so that those who have not managed to get 3200 eggs from explorer searches due to this issue are back "in the running".

World
    Newfoundland
    havent seen any double finds from luckys so dont see any change..

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    havent seen any double finds from luckys so dont see any change..
    if referring to my last post i wasn't talking about double finds, i was talking about any finds at all (thinking about more than roughly 40 eggs per day ! )
    double finds? oh, that's been long in history my friend
    Furthermore, i think i'm still affected with not getting the higher value of eggs on long and very long searches, 35 eggs i saw only in the first week of event before the "fix". Every time it's 8 or 16 (9 or 17 with lucky shovel skill)...
    i still hope i'm being terribly unlucky and thus wrong, yet the statistics telling the different story

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Well,

for medium and long searches with 8 explorers (1 lucky, 4 savage (all 100% upgraded) and 3 normal) the result was - 8 !!! eggs.
    for single short search witch lucky explorer - 10 eggs?
    is this normal?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Call me selfish but I like that there will be a large number of people that couldn't get 1500 eggs from searches or 3200 eggs from searches. For the first time ever we have an event where the on island award is likely to be different for many different people.

This for me shows that the game is starting to mature and the highest event rewards are only likely to be achievable by those that have invested heavily in gems. Well done BB

World
    Sandycove
    Whilst I can see that a sudden drop in double finds for lucky's coinciding with a maintenance fix, looks suspicious. However if like me your three luckys are always treasure searching on very long searches, (with the added long search if I log on more often on the weekends), and only see a second extra slot two or three times a week in total. I've not seen any change. This begs the question, am I naturally just unlucky in this game ( 16 BK, 2DB and 4 iotp run with NO granite BEFORE November 25th changes ) and are others reaping the statistical rewards from me being unlucky? but the game is functioning as designed. Or has there been a genuine bug within the fix? BB say not, but if not, then with most on this thread saying they are now suffering my `normality' why am I not getting the statistical better rewards? Whoever out there is getting lucky double finds day in day out and all my hard fought for granite, I want some back
    NB I hit the 3200 achievement on day 16 of the event with 9 savage, 3 experience, 3 luckys and 3 taverns so the event worked as expected in this area for me
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread