Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did BB lower the explorer eggs find rates??

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Call me selfish but I like that there will be a large number of people that couldn't get 1500 eggs from searches or 3200 eggs from searches. For the first time ever we have an event where the on island award is likely to be different for many different people.

This for me shows that the game is starting to mature and the highest event rewards are only likely to be achievable by those that have invested heavily in gems. Well done BB
    ya its amazing with 8 fully upgraded explorers (1 lucky) i'm up to 1.2k eggs. the only reason you were able to get 3.2k is because you were able to "abuse" the bugged lucky explorers. if they would have fixed it since the start almost no1 would have got it at all, but maybe you're right it was great.....

while i can see your point and these achievement shouldn't be too easy, i think it was too much this time. I would have done pvp to get it but why bother as it's riddled with buggs.
    Last edited by Narcil; 03.04.15 at 16:22.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree Narcil, pvp sucks for me anyway.

Not sure I agree I abused a bug, I got to 3200 very early on (during the second week) and I think that was a lot to do with luck but then again I am pretty confident that with 21 Explorers / Scouts it would have been achievable.

In most events the advantage has been given to the active and experienced traders and whilst this is still the case regarding most of the rewards the Egg House element is definitely geared towards those that have significantly invested in gems. This is a change from BB and one that does start to introduce an advantage - will be interesting to see if that continues in other events.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Call me selfish but I like that there will be a large number of people that couldn't get 1500 eggs from searches or 3200 eggs from searches.
    There is nobody that I want to see fail this achievement in a personal way, But I too am glad that many wont get it, In my opinion it adds to the satisfaction of the achievement.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    it just might be just me but the "elite" attitude of i invested money in the game so i deserve to get the achievement and you don't just leaves a bad smell in the air imo...
    people who have invested money already get many advantages and good luck to them with it...
    i do agree however that no one has abused any bug as if there was one it was in existence for every one...some people might of been able to gain more from it but that's another matter....

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    I would like to assure you that I will continue to pass on your feedback on this matter.
    The information received at this point is that all tests performed so far have shown that the drop rate is as intended and has not been modified.
    In effect, this "fix" made it impossible for anyone below level 50 who is not finding gems to even attain 1500 eggs.
    Maybe "as intended" is true when you want to mock players for even trying to reach the 3200 achievement because that's frankly impossible now even with 10 gembought explorers plus 3 Tavern Generals unless people had multiple Luckies and Easter Explorers from previous years.

Let me tell you Ravel - I bought 10 Gem Explorers (a €50 value!) a year ago at Easter because I frankly needed the Event Resources they provided and figured they are good value. Now these days, 10 Gem Explorers hardly bring back a few hundred Eggs over the course of the entire event. What I see is you're screwing over players who spent real money on the game - yet again.

Argue "free to play" all you want, when you have a policy of "works as intended" by destroying gembought content, you don't have to wonder when people actually stop paying. Is this your intention? If so, you're doing a good job.
    Last edited by Sharpielein; 04.04.15 at 05:50.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    it just might be just me but the "elite" attitude of i invested money in the game so i deserve to get the achievement and you don't just leaves a bad smell in the air imo...

Morning ATHHEMANIAC, my comment is in part due to many saying (over the years) that this game is free to play and not free to win. I agree there is nothing to win but it does demonstrate a 'free to play' but 'pay to be advantaged' element. Of course paying for an advantage is realised across all of the year but this event has demonstrated a shift in behaviour from BB that in a way says that those that have bought that advantage will be rewarded in a visible manner.

This may be intentional and it may be an attempt to drive further gem sales. Both of which I agree with as it ensures the game maintains longevity of income and therefore stays viable for BB to operate and therefore we all get to enjoy that benefit.

Additionally, whilst I don't consider myself elite I do like that my contribution has been recognised with a visual statement on my island and I will smile when I look at that ugly bow over the basket

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    My lv38 on Wildblumental won't even get the 1500 achievement because that account didn't even exist 5 years ago. I have 1 Savage, 2 Luckies + 3 Taverns - and that's it. No chance in hell freezing over.
    To simplify matters, they could have made that achievement "Account must be at least 3 years old and have spent €50+ on gems". Doesn't that get a ring then?
    The achievement's themselves were not designed for everyone to gain.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    i deserve to get the achievement and you don't just leaves a bad smell in the air imo...
    I don't yet have the 3200 eggs from explorer achievement myself, Feel free to check , I do have 19 explorers and they have been searching 24/7 except one who I used for pvp searches. But I still stand by my comment that satisfaction is added to the achievement knowing that it was hard and many failed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm sorry but this argument that only level 50's can have the explorers to obtain the 3200 is utter garbage. Or are you trying to tell me that there explorers which can only brought from the shop by level 50`s.

Here is some information for you to chew over.
    I did the 3200 in 12 days.
    I have 21 explorers.
    Only 3 savage scouts have books on them.
    From that you can see my average was 11.7 eggs per explorer per day.
    This means on my numbers you require just over 13 explorers to do the 3200 in the time allotted.
    As I have previously said I saw about 11.7 before the fix and about 11.7 after.

Before you start I have to say that on the whole I'm disappointed by the individual returns, there have been very few of the Max returns based on my results from previous events. Based on what I saw of returns on the test server for this event i expected to hit the target a few days sooner.

I will keep my opinion as to those of you here playing more than one server since posting that is against forum rules.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I did not read the entire tread- sorry but too lazy. Fact for me is that I am never going to get to 3200 eggs by explorer, have more than 2000 - but are very far from the 3200. I do think that either the explorer find too little - or the achievement is set too high. It should be possible without having to play this game for years and having 21 explorers. I only have one lucky, cant get any more in shop. and he is the worst of them to find eggs. He comes home without about 75% of the times.

Not going to get to level 6 with the egg house as I am not going to do any expeditions,- gave up on them long time ago. It is pretty annoying when you only need 25 ach points.
    Next time there is an event like this, I dont think I will even bother trying.

Reply to Thread