Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Why did BB lower the explorer eggs find rates??

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    11 out of 13 Explorers just came back without eggs from Very Long Treasure Searches. The other 2 had 16 Eggs.
    And that's the 5th day in a row which is similar.
    I pity players who do not have 10 gembought Scouts in their attempts to get 3200 Eggs ... lol!

"Works as designed" - well, design is terrible then.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    As I have previously said I saw about 11.7 before the fix and about 11.7 after.
    Then either you are extremely lucky or I am extremely unlucky.

Since the fix, I get an average of TWO(!) eggs per explorer and day - using Very Long Journey on the fast ones and Luckies.
    You getting about five-and-a-half times as many makes me think one of the two of us is so far off the radar that the randomness makes this more icky than the Crisis quest.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Very roughly (as I don't keep stats) - I would say just over half my explorers return with eggs every day. Sometimes a little more sometimes a little less.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    3 different servers, 3 different results. Kind of makes me wonder about my suspicions about NI and NFL.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    My results have been very different each time a maintenance has been run,
    week 1) was fantastic
    week 2) was plain awful
    week 3) improved

If I have to put numbers on it I would estimate something like

week 1) around 150-200 per day... luckies really doing well here
    week 2) around 50-100 per day.... just everything was awful just really awful
    week 3) around 150-250 per day .... luckies still awful but the fasts/normal I did note an improvement.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I'm sorry but this argument that only level 50's can have the explorers to obtain the 3200 is utter garbage. Or are you trying to tell me that there explorers which can only brought from the shop by level 50`s.

Here is some information for you to chew over.
    I did the 3200 in 12 days.
    I have 21 explorers.
    Only 3 savage scouts have books on them.
    From that you can see my average was 11.7 eggs per explorer per day.
    This means on my numbers you require just over 13 explorers to do the 3200 in the time allotted.
    As I have previously said I saw about 11.7 before the fix and about 11.7 after.

Before you start I have to say that on the whole I'm disappointed by the individual returns, there have been very few of the Max returns based on my results from previous events. Based on what I saw of returns on the test server for this event i expected to hit the target a few days sooner.

I will keep my opinion as to those of you here playing more than one server since posting that is against forum rules.
    Yeah you are missing some important points there. The first 7 of those 12 days had greatly inflated egg yield. I got about 1600 eggs in the first 7 days and it took me an additional week and half to the the other 1600 even though I increased my total searches from 9.5 per day on average to 13.5. You see, it took more than twice the time to the last half even though I did 40 % more searches. If the event had worked as intended, you had to get the three normal scouts, all 10 fast scouts and the lucky one and then you would barely scrape by. How many players under lvl 50 do you think have 21 explorers? Why the arrogant tone? Especially when you don't seem to know what you are talking about?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Whatever the reason for lower egg returns, it cost me the chance to reach last level on the Easter Basket residence.

The achievement points I would have gained from completing the 3,200 from explorers would have made it possible to max the Basket,
    I ran my explorers constantly every day during the event and still fell short of the 3,200 target by 669.

Disgusted that to reach the achievements target relies totally on a fruit machine style outcome rather than something I could at least have tried to achieve in gameplay.

Yet another anti-climax event.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    Whatever the reason for lower egg returns, it cost me the chance to reach last level on the Easter Basket residence.
    I must admit that I find myself in the same position here, which is especially disappointing as I was well on course for the 3200 after the first week as I was just a little shy of 1100 collected from explorers at that point. Having finished the event around 500 short of the goal it means that my average for the second and third weeks was somewhere around 200 eggs lower per week and I can't help regarding it as more than a little disappointing to have the rug pulled out from under me like that. As others have said, adjustments to the way the explorers worked should have been done prior to the event or left until after it was over.

However, on a more positive note, looking at the basket at level 5, it is still as good a Frozen Manor, which I only have one of from the Christmas Calendar. Essentially I got a slightly more interesting looking FM for participating in the event pretty much the same way as I would have done if the Easter Basket and the associated achievements didn't exist.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    My 9 explorers haven't found a single egg this week - has the Easter event ended?

Also, eggs don't appear on my island anymore?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    My 9 explorers haven't found a single egg this week - has the Easter event ended?

Also, eggs don't appear on my island anymore?
    Yes, removal phase I was on the 7th. Booo.

Reply to Thread