Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adventures that do NOT deliver eggs as reward?

World
    Newfoundland
    What Bfreak says, I also say you need to really spam adv's preferably 1p adv's, they have the best egg drop ratio.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    not everyone is level 50 with almost unlimited resources guys

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    True and people that are not lvl 50 will get (mabye significantly) less out of the event than people that have lots of resources.
    It is also true that a new lvl 50 with 4 explorers will get less from the even t than an old lvl 50 with 15 explorers.
    Pick and choose what is most important, and next year when you are bigger you will get more stuff.
    Patience is important in this game!

World
    Newfoundland
    sell eggs (obv better yet sell other adv loot) = unlimited stuff. look at trades already up and put up your own. only takes a few to get enough stuff for next adventure. if you are willing to put in the hours nothing is impossible.
    as a side benefit youll get to know how to (ab)use TO and get much closer to lvl 50. GL.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 01.04.15 at 07:49.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeePowered View Post
    not everyone is level 50 with almost unlimited resources guys
    Well.. I may be level 50.. but only just (about a month ago) and I have far from unlimited resources.

To put it into perspective, about a third of my island is empty, I have 17 lots of building licenses yet to buy, I have (across all types) only 8 explorers (one of which I bought only 2 days ago when my login bonus gave me gems enough to buy it), I have never bought gems with real money, I have no gold chain, no cannon chain, no steel chain, and my titanium and iron chains are somewhat basic, to say the least and my island economy does not produce enough to allow me to spam adventures day in, day out.

Despite this, I have managed to accrue enough Stripy Eggs to get 5 copies of the Easter Scenario, 3 Watermills, 2 Floating Residences, the MMA and the MoD. I also have around a quarter of the eggs needed to get the Vet as I write this.

And while I have gained some of these eggs by buying from the TO, I have not had to sell the proverbial kitchen sink to do so. In fact I haven't even started on my reserves of either gc or granite yet.. as I haven't needed to.

Ahh.. but I'm still level 50, I hear you cry.

Okay.. well let me tell you about Easter last year.. I started that event at level 40 with 3 Tavern Explorers and my best general was a Grim I got the previous Halloween. I still managed to get both the Vet and the MMA, as well as all the Floating Residences and Watermills.

If you are prepared to put in a little work, then it is possible to get nice goodies from the events. At lower levels, you just need to prioritise what is most important for you to get and accept the fact that you will not get everything. By way of example, I mentioned getting a Grim from Halloween 2013. That was my first event... only a matter of a couple of months after I started playing. I went into that event looking to get the grim, as I was playing purely with tavern generals at that point. I not only managed to get him, but also got the improved stores as well and I was happy with that... because I did not expect to get everything handed to me on a platter!

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    Its my opinion that the event is to easy and adventures drop to much, hard to please everyone don't you think?
    yes everything is always too easy for you. honestly the egg drops are ok this event, i still am not done and have done allot of adventures. by the end of the event i'll have collected about 20k eggs. compared to the 60 or 70k pumps i got last halloween i think it's reasonable.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    yes everything is always too easy for you.
    Probably because I use test sever to research? the prepare on live server + write my own guides Narcil? + the fact Iv played for a very long time.

honestly the egg drops are ok this event
    Subject to opinion, But If I can farm 2-4k eggs per day then its far to easy and to be fair after the first week I was winding down my efforts as I was bored with it.

i still am not done and have done allot of adventures. by the end of the event i'll have collected about 20k eggs. compared to the 60 or 70k pumps i got last halloween i think it's reasonable.
    Good for you!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry, but I call '' Filtered " on most of the level 50 opinions.
    "Just do enough adventures and you will get the eggs"
    Well I am level 42 and if you yourself(max levels) remember back when you were developing making efficiency chains for troops and the like isnt the first prio on the agenda. Levelling up is. Its fair max levels think this is too easy, but I bet you ask around and 95% of all non level 50ies will disagree with you.

I have now done 3 SFTR and 1 BN in a row without egg drops. I feel my effort is as great as it can be ( have so far used 20k gold on troops), but for me at least the rewards isnt even close to the effort. I have bought gems a few times, but never again. Heck I might even just give up on this game with how things are now and again I bet people in a similiar situation like me is feeling the same. Its catering way to much to level 50ies with well-developed islands instead of actually caring about those on the way up. Games should never give max level players as huge an advantage as this game is doing right now if they hope to attract new players.

I aint complaining cause its a free game after all and if I dont like it I can just quit. What really made me post this is the ignorance from max level players. You guys really dont want more players staying put. Off the 32 players on my friends list there are 5 level 50 players, a level 45 and me who are playing rest have stopped and some even as high level as 44. Maybe, just maybe its because they feel the same as I do.

Theloneus
    Last edited by MOD_Fhearghus; 06.04.15 at 16:42. Reason: Please do not use inappropriate language in your posts

World
    Sandycove
    Theloneus, I do sympathise with your position, and do remember how difficult is was in the middle 30's and early 40's, and I appreciate that some 50's come across as posting `I'm alright Jack' and not caring. But it is also easy to forget that they were once going through your very predicament, often with fewer 50's around to help them with lootspots by spamming many adventures in a day to provide players without the island infrastructure to do those addy's themselves, the opportunity to get those eggs for little troop loss.
    I myself did three SfTR and 2 BK and one Nords in a row without eggs, not ls I may add, and made a mess of a RB and cancelled it after losing high end troops, and felt things were not going well!! The last 150 eggs from the achievement total also took a disproportional amount of adventuring to accomplish...but I kept at it, and although tempted did not buy any ls ( Its a personal thing during events )
    The information that level 50's post is often very valid if not always put across very tactfully. Preparation is key to events, stockpile as much resources that you are likely to need in between events: Make bread settlers and keep them in star; Send explorers on addy searches so they are free to treasure search during event; Stockpile the adventures your level can do multiple times or are matched with your pop and barracks production during down time for replenishment.
    ( have so far used 20k gold on troops)
    Get better value from your resources, You would have been wiser to spend that gold on buying lootspots while your production caught up at its own pace ( or improve the pace )
    Keep your expectations inline with your island and your game play, not by what others are achieving, stretching yourself is good and rewarding in itself, go too far and your light will inevitably go out, but your better than them, or you wouldn't care to comment in the forum So here's to you and all lower levels that are trying to beat the Devs and are not going to be beaten by a testing run of bad luck. I support you and admire your commitment, when the going gets tough.....and all that
    p.s. I am a lvl 50 But assure you No male dangly bits in this post
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thx for the support Larili and I think you head the nail on the head. I am missing less than 300 eggs and have had several lucky explos, besides the 1 Savage and 3 tavern I have, returning from VL searched with the grand total of 35 eggs and on top of that been doing 4 rather expensive (troop wise) advents with no gain. I dont expect 100% drop rate, but maybe a drop rate that increases the lower the level you are could be a solution.
    And yes some of the max levels here do belittle the rest of us with their inane comments about how easy it is. As a non max level I dont need that. Maybe I should have foound LS to buy but most max level do only BN and that is a single player advent so LS isnt that easy to come by and I often feel they cost to much..well maybe there I am just different but I have done a few SOV where I have invited some of my lower level friends for free when only missing one camp.
    Anyway enough complaining from me. Just wanted to raise an issue that to many seem tripe and non-existing

Reply to Thread