Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP is unplayable

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    There is an old saying about not being able to please all of the people all of the time but, with this Colony Mode, I have to wonder if Blue Byte have actually managed to please anybody.

Whether it is players that actually wanted PvP complaining that it is really Player versus Player-Defined-Environment; players to which the bottom line is the true judge of a feature's worth complaining that it is too expensive; players that are persevering with it complaining about lag, or that, even months down the line, it is still riddled with bugs, some of which are so basic it looks somewhat unprofessional that they even went live, let alone haven't been fixed yet (e.g. undefined text); or players that didn't want any form of PvP whatsoever complaining about changes to the rest of the game that have come about as a result of Colony Mode being introduced (e.g. rebalancing), I really am struggling to find any feedback on these forums that is wholly positive about this aspect of the game. The best I have managed to see is some talk about "potential" which, as far as I can gather, has not yet been realised. Given the track record of further development of such ideas as beans and star coins in the past, I can only assume that this realisation is likely never to come about as they are probably too busy half-baking their next idea...
    The rebalancing would have come with or without PvP. BB needed to do something to combat the power creep they have introduced over the years.

I really wished they would have spent all that time wasted on "PvP" on the good ideas they had. The star coins and faireytale adventures could use an expansion and not just more power creep. Co-ops could have used some love to make more than two of them interesting to play. The core concept of co-op is good, they just needed to add a co-op specific chat, or preferably, an adventure specific chat because it would be useful for all adventures. Then all but whirlwind and tomb raider needed a bit of a rebalancing in terms of loot and that would have been a great start to maybe introduce more elaborate adventures further down the line. Maybe a co-op fairytale? Instead they nerfed the co-op loots into the ground so they are utterly pointless to play. What did we get instead? Scenarios [ removed ] with the collectables. That particular game mechanic has never been fun and now they shoehorn it into everything. It still doesn't even work properly. The collectables do not reliably spawn as they should.

I actually think an expanded co-op system could have replaced "PvP" completely. What most people want is interactivity with other players and co-op can give you just that. It has way more interaction with other players than "PvP" which is not even freaking PvP, just another set of PvE with broken combat mechanics designed by someone who has clearly never played on the live server.

Hello Zotamedu,

Please don't use inappropriate language on the forums.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.04.15 at 06:56.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    There is an old saying about not being able to please all of the people all of the time but, with this Colony Mode, I have to wonder if Blue Byte have actually managed to please anybody.
    Yes there are some. PvP,PvE,Pv? u can call it as u wish have the "Random" element in it - so there will be never guides like the old ones , and i love this fact because every player will play now in different way - his OWN way.
    There are lot of bugs and things to be improved ofc, but we still have glitches and lag on the adventures(and they are here from a lot more time compared to the colonies) - and all of us still play them...
    And this Pv? is optional so why all of you are complaining so much ? Ignore it and continue to play as usual and be happy

Most of you are saying that it is expensive. I play it from the begining so i can tell you - you can make nice profit with not so many efforts and time( for me the time is the most expensive thing in this game), and also after the price reducing - you can make even more profit.For example for the last 6 days i made ~8300 granite and ~13700 titaium ore from tier1 huge colonies .This is ~90000gc at the current server prices and it took me ~6h to take 6 colonies(the loot from them is covering at least 60-70% of my losses,and i don't count the eggs here) , and 3- 4 clicks daily.
    So i ask you all - is this so expensive? If you think it is - think again.

Maybe the "PvP" name is confusing many people here. Well i think that more "PvP" in this game is not possible.Even if we had a system when we can fight each other - we will just waste troops=waste resources ,and tbh i dont want to know how big is the lag if 2 or more players are fighting in real time on 1 map in this game......Also we will be never be able to attack other players island and we all know why .
    Now with this system we have"economical PvP" some players waste more resources to conquer 1 colony, other players waste less.I think that the ideas behind this Pv? are awesome, sadly the work after the ideas is far from good.
    Last edited by Bfreak; 09.04.15 at 01:25.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Did a huge/large PvP island thursday night. It was tier 3 - player - granite.

I write as I encountered 2 bugs I have never experienced before.

1. Two defence multicamps set up by player.
    - No matter which of the two I attacked - the other intercepted my marshall. After a few tries, I figured out that if I attacked one, it would be intercepted by the other, and then be intercepted back by the original target. That kills all logic.

2. The Map Boss.
    - His castle had the following defence: 1 Greybeard, 60 Ranged Archers and 60 Roughnecks.
    I sent 1st wave with 44 Cav and 56 Archers and right behind that marshall a 2nd wave with 100 Archers.
    Ranged Archers were taken out first, and suddenly second wave took over, while 1st marshall still had troops. That should not be possible. (not a problem for my losses as the 2nd waves troops were perfect for the rest of the defence.) I noticed that the castle-battle animation flashed in a strange way.

I do hope you already know of these 2 other bugs:
    - We are all stuck on our present tier. Before Easter event, we could drop down a tier, by provoking a loss with explorers. Costed 7 explorers to get down 1 tier. The way it worked was:
    - Search for an island.
    - Choose an island.
    - Visit it and abandon it.
    Really boring, stupid and annoying - but it worked.
    That is not possible at the moment - we are stuck on the tier we are on.

I got a Ranged Stronghold Deed in a loot - but I am not offered it, when I am building defence on a conquered island. It's in my star on home island, but not when on an exp. island.

I wish you the best of luck getting PvP - expedition islands, made bug-free, as I think it's a fantastic feature that has been added.

(The above has been sent to Support - just wanted you guys to know the bugs.)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    That is not possible at the moment - we are stuck on the tier we are on.
    Yes - we can't go down , also we cant go up

I wish you the best of luck getting PvP - expedition islands, made bug-free, as I think it's a fantastic feature that has been added.
    +1 Me too

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi guys,

When I enter my colony details I see 'Number of attacks repelled: 8', but I never got message of being attacked, valour points or achievement reached. Is this a bug or it doesn't seem to mean what I expect it to mean and that is that I got attacked 8 times and defended 8 times. Should I get some valour points at least if not rewards? Should I get message of being attacked? If it's not a bug I should contact Customer Service?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fileo View Post
    Hi guys,

When I enter my colony details I see 'Number of attacks repelled: 8', but I never got message of being attacked, valour points or achievement reached. Is this a bug or it doesn't seem to mean what I expect it to mean and that is that I got attacked 8 times and defended 8 times. Should I get some valour points at least if not rewards? Should I get message of being attacked? If it's not a bug I should contact Customer Service?
    There has probably not been any real siege, but 8 times of player's "Visit and cancel expedition".
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    There has probably not been any real siege, but 8 times of player's "Visit and cancel expedition".
    YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GET A MESSAGE! This is regardless of the troops lost. even if they attack you and cancel you should get a message. If they lose troops you should get valour points too. The game is too bugged it happens the same to me all the time... Sending a ticket will not help you either... [ removed ]

Hello Driller7

Please don't use profanity (masked or not) on the forum.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 09.04.15 at 18:52.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Just did 2 searches on Small Islands, visit, abandon, next search (actually might have skipped visiting on one) and dropped to tier 2...

Did a huge island search and yielded all tier 2's even though I have never attacked a huge... yet

Methinks they have tweaked something, just not quite sure what... yet ;o)

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    PvP is a great feature - sadly BB has given the players too many excuses to stay away from it. I never believed in the expense-excuse, but BB did - so they lowered the expenses. Not going to attract more players to PvP, as the new excuse is: "It is too bugged."
    "Expense excuse"? I don't know.
    To me, expenses vs. rewards are a big red "Stop" sign.

It takes about 3 days to produce the necessary weapons for a single tier 3 expedition. All that fun - even with the reduced costs - means wasting rougly 10000 coins (at least on Northisle) in the process.

In return, if you successfully conquer a map, you get 160 Granite like 7 times, so we're talking a best case of 1120 Granite, which is like 6.6k coins on Northisle.
    Best case you end an expedition having lost 3k.

On the other hand, I could simply do a Bandit's Nest, which takes <1h total including troop production time costing roughly 300 coins including the map, nets up to 1600 Granite, 600 coins and potentially Bandit Nests, which - again, on Northisle, is equivalent to approximately 25k profit.

So, prepare 3 days to lose 3k or spend 1h to make anywhere between 1k and 25k (i.e. anywhere between 3k and 75k if doing 1 map per day) ... hmm ... you guess ...
    I mean yeah, not like I depend on every single coin I make in this game.
    But negative business cases simply aren't for me.

No seriously, I don't really know what expedition loot really is because I cannot find reliable info. All I saw was something like "+42 Granite/6h" but that immediately made me never want to try it again after seeing how many Iron Bars it costs to make a freaking single unit - I can't even x3 the Combat Armoury with a Damascene Hammer!

And that's not even going into the matter that some expeditions don't yield Granite.

I'd suggest that expenses are not the lever - rewards should be.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    "Expense excuse"? I don't know.
    To me, expenses vs. rewards are a big red "Stop" sign.

It takes about 3 days to produce the necessary weapons for a single tier 3 expedition. All that fun - even with the reduced costs - means wasting rougly 10000 coins (at least on Northisle) in the process.

In return, if you successfully conquer a map, you get 160 Granite like 7 times, so we're talking a best case of 1120 Granite, which is like 6.6k coins on Northisle.
    Best case you end an expedition having lost 3k.

On the other hand, I could simply do a Bandit's Nest, which takes <1h total including troop production time costing roughly 300 coins including the map, nets up to 1600 Granite, 600 coins and potentially Bandit Nests, which - again, on Northisle, is equivalent to approximately 25k profit.

So, prepare 3 days to lose 3k or spend 1h to make anywhere between 1k and 25k (i.e. anywhere between 3k and 75k if doing 1 map per day) ... hmm ... you guess ...
    I mean yeah, not like I depend on every single coin I make in this game.
    But negative business cases simply aren't for me.

No seriously, I don't really know what expedition loot really is because I cannot find reliable info. All I saw was something like "+42 Granite/6h" but that immediately made me never want to try it again after seeing how many Iron Bars it costs to make a freaking single unit - I can't even x3 the Combat Armoury with a Damascene Hammer!

And that's not even going into the matter that some expeditions don't yield Granite.

I'd suggest that expenses are not the lever - rewards should be.
    tier 3 expedition at 154 granite per 6h is 616 a day= 4312 total So roughly 26k coins. If you produce the iron and steel is 26k coins you did not have before and usually the loot is worth another 1-3k coins. IF you BUY everything you are still on red since you need ~20k coins at max.

Overall is worth it if you like the pvp feature... BTW same exact tier 3 big adv was giving 300 eggs on premium...

Reply to Thread