Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP is unplayable

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle

PVP is unplayable

The camps keep resetting for no reason and the attack order is not the same resulting in a failed attack and many blocks lost...

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Pandur;

Hint(s):
    • Watch the enemy NPC’s units. They also have a unit type, but might have additional bonus damage against other types than the regular ones!
    • Also be very careful, sometimes the NPC camps will change the unit they will send out next so make sure you change your next unit to match it.
    NPC camps can change the order in which the troops attack

quote from http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...and-PvP-Manual

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    NPC camps can change the order in which the troops attack

quote from http://forum.tsotesting.com/threads/...and-PvP-Manual
    I am a novice pvp player as all i do is tier 3 pvp...

What i am talking about is an actual GLITCH that while i send the correct attack wave the game freezes and the attacking unit changes...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Not unplayable - but really annoying with the amount of bugs.
    I have experienced the same bug as you Driller7. It is a sure loss, when you got an enemy camp with 3 unit types and the camp resets while first stack are fighting. Both stacks went blue, and I had no chance of seeing who was fighting what. Rare one - but it's there.

Some camps cannot be attacked - not that bad unless if it is a leader camp.

Most evil bug: I went straight for tier 3 huge, as it would mean a lot of saved time to get eggs from those islands. (80 or 200 eggs)
    Got error detected, could not visit the island, nor cancel it. Nothing to do than wait for the night script to fix it. Instantly blaimed the new Swift Supplier as he was the only change I had made from last tier 3. But - got the same error once more. I now know that using "discard" first and accepting next, is the same as asking for error detected.

PvP is a great feature - sadly BB has given the players too many excuses to stay away from it. I never believed in the expense-excuse, but BB did - so they lowered the expenses. Not going to attract more players to PvP, as the new excuse is: "It is too bugged."

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    I have experienced the same bug as you Driller7. It is a sure loss, when you got an enemy camp with 3 unit types and the camp resets while first stack are fighting. Both stacks went blue, and I had no chance of seeing who was fighting what. Rare one - but it's there.

Most evil bug: I went straight for tier 3 huge, as it would mean a lot of saved time to get eggs from those islands. (80 or 200 eggs)
    Got error detected, could not visit the island, nor cancel it. Nothing to do than wait for the night script to fix it. Instantly blaimed the new Swift Supplier as he was the only change I had made from last tier 3. But - got the same error once more. I now know that using "discard" first and accepting next, is the same as asking for error detected.

PvP is a great feature - sadly BB has given the players too many excuses to stay away from it. I never believed in the expense-excuse, but BB did - so they lowered the expenses. Not going to attract more players to PvP, as the new excuse is: "It is too bugged."
    They will never be able to properly iron out all bugs because the PvP combat system is fundamentally broken. It relies on a real time element that the game engine cannot support. They simply cannot get a stable enough connection for that to work properly since all calculations are done server side. We told them that the combat system would never work when it was still on the test server. They ignored it. PvP will need a complete overhaul to be realistically playable. They either need to switch to the same system as the regular adventures or they need a turn based system.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post

Here is the other bug you were talking about http://prntscr.com/6qbkzi It is even more annoying as you can not cancel or visit the adventure and you have to wait it out 4 hours...

And it is unplayable as you send a block of 4 and the 5th attack fails than you van not really finish the adventure unless you buldoze it...
    Last edited by Driller7; 06.04.15 at 15:54. Reason: Additional comments

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Not unplayable "It is too bugged."

when the internet is slow, or the server overloaded, Block does not work and General does not retreating.
    warriors to fight the order can not be placed.
    without a block can not be colony, warriors limit.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just get rid of it, and return the normal adventures to their original state. Already lost almost 5 months of "paid for" premium while BB try to justify this pile of you know what.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    The best option would be not to develop this game anymore and leave us play the game as it was before PVP was introduced.

In the same time they can create a completely new game engine, rewrite all the game from scratch and get rid of legacy code they have... After the new game is developed they can export our data from the old game to the new one and we all would be happy

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    There is an old saying about not being able to please all of the people all of the time but, with this Colony Mode, I have to wonder if Blue Byte have actually managed to please anybody.

Whether it is players that actually wanted PvP complaining that it is really Player versus Player-Defined-Environment; players to which the bottom line is the true judge of a feature's worth complaining that it is too expensive; players that are persevering with it complaining about lag, or that, even months down the line, it is still riddled with bugs, some of which are so basic it looks somewhat unprofessional that they even went live, let alone haven't been fixed yet (e.g. undefined text); or players that didn't want any form of PvP whatsoever complaining about changes to the rest of the game that have come about as a result of Colony Mode being introduced (e.g. rebalancing), I really am struggling to find any feedback on these forums that is wholly positive about this aspect of the game. The best I have managed to see is some talk about "potential" which, as far as I can gather, has not yet been realised. Given the track record of further development of such ideas as beans and star coins in the past, I can only assume that this realisation is likely never to come about as they are probably too busy half-baking their next idea...
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 08.04.15 at 15:37.

Reply to Thread