Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: BK Guide - MoD as blocker, 2xMMAs cannon

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    that bad Ive done it what 8-10 times now and not a single fail? It works for me each time...
    Salem has a point... at least 95 seconds is required from the time the block fight starts to the DC going down and your block set up can last for as little as 90 seconds.

However, tweaking the block set up to 10E 152C and it lasts for a minimum of 100 seconds.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    Salem has a point... at least 95 seconds is required from the time the block fight starts to the DC going down and your block set up can last for as little as 90 seconds.

However, tweaking the block set up to 10E 152C and it lasts for a minimum of 100 seconds.
    Thanks for this and the alternative block position (BTW using your block and skipping 6&7 reduces losses to approx 476R)

I ran the sims numerous times before putting the guide together, and having tested your suggestion, it does take away the marginal possibility of a fail on the DC1 block.

However, I also just tried adding 5 militia and reduced the Cav back to 150 and the tests are showing consistent results of nothing less than 12 rounds (av 150 seconds). I have now altered the guide to reflect this
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 06.04.15 at 08:34.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I was doing that DC1 block last night when I suffered some lag which resulted in my attack being intercepted with no chance of retreat. I had used Max's tweak for that block. After the smoke had cleared I found the block gen had in fact won the fight despite the loss of all troops. As I understand combat mechanics a normal tavern would have been defeated , so thanks for the save Jolly:-)
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks Madorosu that last block worked well and DC1 with rejig works also... WD jolly for the guide, bit of rejigging and works gr8 now )

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Blocking Northern DC (Revisited)

Try using 51E 145C on the MoD instead (lasts 12-42 rounds)

World
    Sandycove
    The last block has continually been safe as far as I have done it - please do let me know if it has failed and needs to be changed..

However, Dorotheus has pointed out quite rightly that the attack on camp 1 had a chance of losing cav, (as I latterly experienced). I have now changed that to ensure its only recs.

I thank you for your continued feedback and suggestions
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 07.04.15 at 20:57.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    The last block has continually been safe as far as I have done it - please do let me know if it has failed and needs to be changed..

However, Dorotheus has pointed out quite rightly that the attack on camp 1 had a chance of losing cav, (as I latterly experienced). I have now changed that to ensure its only recs.

I thank you for your continued feedback and suggestions
    I wouldn't know about your configuration for the block on the Northern Castle failing or not, as it has always been my policy to use the longest block possible for a greater margin of safety, so I'll be sticking with mine.

As for the first camp, I have tested your new set up for that with 2 different sims and both tell me average losses for that troop configuration are 80R (not the 76 you have listed). However, 93R 1E 59C 67K has average losses of 77R.

World
    Sandycove
    ah yes I see your point - I re-ran the numbers 50k times a few times and got 9-38 / 9-39 / 10-38 rounds

http://prntscr.com/6r1xju
    http://prntscr.com/6r1xz4
    http://prntscr.com/6r1y5i

Guide updated on both points
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 08.04.15 at 07:13.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Oh.. that's weird...
    I used a different sim to get my result of 12-42, but can't seem to reproduced it now.
    However, I wasn't using as many as 50,000 iterations before so that may account for it.
    Running at that level in both that sim and the one you are using several times each and I don't get any results as low as 9 rounds, which leads me to conclude that they are probably very freak occurrences in the sims you have run. Comforting to know, though, that even when they do occur, the minimum battle duration is still 100 seconds.

As a side note, I am pleased to see the long block that I suggested included in the guide and I commend you for your receptivity to suggestions and tweaks as well as your swift updates.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great guide ==> ty jollyfog2012

I prefer not to have to reposition my MoD so use these positions instead of the x6, x7 in the original version. It is of course fully compatible with Madorosu's suggestion :

Reply to Thread