Reply to Thread

Thread: Barracks and Combat Academy + Armoury Progress Metres Stagnant

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove

Barracks and Combat Academy + Armoury Progress Metres Stagnant

Hi Guys!
    I have done a good search and just can't find this one so maybe I'm not typing in quite the right words? Either way hopefully this is an easy fix.

A couple of days ago I found that the progress bar in my Combat Academy and Armory weren't moving at all. They still said there was e.g. 15 minutes remaining after about 20 minutes and the green colour to show that there is actually progress wasn't working either.

I tried logging in and out and nothing worked, I basically just didn't train/make anything then logged off later when I went to bed; the next day it was working so I didn't think much of it.

Now the same thing is currently happening with my Barracks.

Has anyone had the same issue?
    And if so, how have they fixed it?

Thanks for your time .

World
    Northisle
    Are you upgrading them?

Upgrading Barracks stops it until the upgrade is ready.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Are you upgrading them?

Upgrading Barracks stops it until the upgrade is ready.
    Omg yes! I did I just had started it before I got the problem, gonna take 7 days D: does that mean no more soldiers till it's done?
    If so, that is a bit sucky D:

Thanks for your reply

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ro_Cocoa View Post
    does that mean no more soldiers till it's done?
    Afraid so.. progress on the queue will automatically resume once the upgrade finishes.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Aww damn, I was hoping Durin_d just meant the short pause after you initially click on the upgrade button (it take a couple of seconds to register and then kick in). Atleast it wasn't a bug or anything so I don't have to follow up with tech support.

They should really change that rule in my opinion, I mean I haven't been playing that long and don't know if there's a special reason why (like to even out the economy in-game I don't know?) but from what I have observed I don't think there's a logical reason to disable training (unless you pretty much pay for it) until an upgrade finishes, especially when the upgrade will take 2 + days .

Anyways thank you both for your replies Madorosu and Durin_d, I'm glad I know now .
    After understanding what the answer is, I'm able to find it on Google now when I type it as a question haha, a bit too late but still useful.
    I have about 4 or 5 days to go until upgrade complete, can't wait until it's over lol.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    that's normal behaviour for any building upgrading, eg: normal barracks, Prov house etc..., pretty much anything that isn't storage.
    Don't think BB will be rushing to change it any time soon (the subject has come up many times in the past), when they have a "speedy alternative" ie: spending 10s of thousands of gems to upgrade immediately.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    It seems to make sense to me that when you upgrade a building it's not usuable. A complete remodel of any building would typically mean ripping out walls and redoing floors etc. - so the building would be unusable. So you need to consider your timing when upgrading certain buildings (like if you want to upgrade the provision house make a whole lot of things you use first so you have them ready). No complaint from me on this.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread