Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Scenarios Resource Master acheivement quest

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I have 13 sausage muncher and they have only found one scenario adv since the easter quest. At this rate it will take me 2 years just to find 10, now if it was find coop adv's i am getting 3 or 4 of them a day and can't get rid of them. Maybe bb could stick the coop adv's on a separate search so we had more chance of finding the scenario ones.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Regarding the resource count issues when doing twins/grain conflict we can only assume there has been an error in calculations by BB or they would have explained the master plan as to how we are supposed to get 1000 000 resource in an average humans lifespan!! Personally unless BB does something about this I will have to hand this achievement over to my yet to be born grandchildren.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina11 View Post
    I have 13 sausage muncher and they have only found one scenario adv since the easter quest. At this rate it will take me 2 years just to find 10, now if it was find coop adv's i am getting 3 or 4 of them a day and can't get rid of them. Maybe bb could stick the coop adv's on a separate search so we had more chance of finding the scenario ones.
    Similar problem here. 14 explorers sent out daily since these achievements began and only 6 scenarios found. Anyone worked out the drop rates yet?

World
    Sandycove
    I don't have a number, but it appears the drop rate is very low. I've only gotten two.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    So then, there's a very small chance of actually finding one scenario, never mind 100.
    It can take large amounts of resources to complete one scenario.
    Achievements asks you to complete up to 1000 of them.
    Then it seems only some of them give achievement resources, (or maybe they all give small amounts)
    And achievements asks you to gather 1,000,000 of the resources.

Gotta ask, who thought this one up??

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Hmm... it seems some of the loot tables I have seen floating around are not very accurate, as it turns out that RotM is not the only Scenario that can help with these achievements:

It's still gonna take ages to get to 1 million though... whoever thought that number up should have probably taken that day off... they obviously weren't feeling well!

World
    Newfoundland
    but there might be 2 people who want to be challenged..

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    Similar problem here. 14 explorers sent out daily since these achievements began and only 6 scenarios found. Anyone worked out the drop rates yet?

http://diekampfkatze.at/scenarien.html
    Last edited by Narcil; 29.04.15 at 17:18.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Thanks Narcil.
    Those stats prove just how unlikely finding a scenario is and how ridiculous the achievement settings are.
    I think it goes something like this:

BB's plan:

Introduce scenarios to add interesting content to the game.
    Hope players use vast amounts of coin/sausage searching for them.
    Make the drop rate 1 in every 100 searches.
    Hope players buy more explorers to increase their chances.
    Make players use up large amounts of resources to complete a single scenario, assuming they find one.
    Set achievement targets for scenarios that an Immortal would struggle to complete.
    Wonder why players stop using their explorers to search for scenarios and go back to finding treasure.
    Wonder why eventually there are pages of scenarios in the TO selling for 1 copper.
    Be surprised to see players on the forums competing to see who has the most unwanted scenarios in their star menu.
    Ignore suggestions from players on how to improve this plan and make the scenarios appealing and fun and thereby increasing player involvement.
    Introduce Super-Scenarios; a new scenario-specific explorer and increase the drop rate by 1% per search. Repeat.

World
    Newfoundland
    Seeing as the search is also shared with the finding of normal adventures, the drop rate would have to be low. Otherwise people would hit the forum complaining they couldn't find their nords/sa/iotp/db etc.

As for it costing coin/sausage, isn't there people complaining over there being to much coin in game anyway?

Reply to Thread