Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenarios Resource Master acheivement quest

World
    Sandycove

Scenarios Resource Master acheivement quest

On this quest we are asked to gather 1 million resources via the scenario adventures. I refer you to the wiki pages for the loots on these:

Twins = Slot 1 Exo Basket Slot 2 = Exo basket Slot 3 = copper or marble deposit Slot 4 = mundane decoration
    Grain Conflict = Slot 1 Exo Basket Slot 2 = Exo basket Slot 3 = copper or marble deposit Slot 4 = mundane decoration
    Heart of the Wood = Slot 1 Exo Basket Slot 2 = Exo basket Slot 3 = copper or marble deposit Slot 4 = mundane decoration
    Riches of Mountain = Slots 1 & 2 Stadium snack Slot 3 = gold deposit Slot 4 = arctic or gold mine Slot 5 = 20 tit ore or 500 granite
    Event quest no longer in shop - various resources that actually helped to get me on the way to the 10k resource acheivement.

(Deposits only count as 1 resource as far as I could see, correct me if Im wrong)

So the only scenarios that REALLY counts/counted to the resource quest is the ones that ask us to spend 800 gunpowder, or was the special event scenario that is no longer available

So are we to expect real movement on this quest only when there are events? if so this only further rewards part time players who log in only when the game gets "interesting" as opposed the die-hard daily loggers

Further thoughts guys?
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 19.04.15 at 16:52. Reason: spelling

World
    Newfoundland
    ViliusV will have it done in a week

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    It's funny... I had actually been considering posting something like this myself in the Scenario Feedback thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    (Deposits only count as 1 resource as far as I could see, correct me if Im wrong)
    I have just done a Riches of the Mountain and had the counters for Resource Harvester and Resource Master jump up by 872 when my (premium) loot consisted of 2+1 Stadium Snacks, 400+200 Gold Refill, 1 Special Gold Mine, 500+250 Granite and 81+41 Star Coins. It looks to me like only the Granite and Star Coins are counted. (EDIT: Just done another one with the exact same loot, and same increase in achievement totals.)

On the other hand, I did at least half a dozen Grain Conflict scenarios during the past week and I am 99% certain that those counters didn't move at all as a result of doing them, but I'll be keeping a close eye on any do from now on, but I seem to recall the Star Coin awards are very low for that Scenario, so it is conceivable I just didn't really notice a few extra being tacked on to the totals.

However, the real point is that we have an entire sub section of achievements for scenarios seems not only to be mis-named (as there is nothing to do with "Buffs" in the achievement list), but also that can only really be significantly progressed by doing 1 of the 4 scenarios available during the regular course of play. This seems more than a little off to me. Significant advancement in this set of achievements should be possible from rewards gained from every scenario.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 20.04.15 at 07:09.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    It looks to me like only the Granite and Star Coins are counted. (EDIT: Just done another one with the exact same loot, and same increase in achievement totals.)
    Wonder if xp is counted same way as sc..

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    I must admit that I have been pondering the same question. I think either answer to that speaks to some degree of imbalance in the way the achievement works. I think it would probably be a worse imbalance if experience did count towards these totals, but I don't expect that it does. Star Coins are a spendable item that shows up in the storehouse and is limited by your storage capacity. Experience is not. Hopefully a sub-50 player will confirm, one way or another.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Also been thinking the same.

A Grain Conflict awarding a whopping 7 star coins would yield 700 xp... gathering 700 or so resources per one would mean doing around 1300 of them which is a similar number to the highest 'complete N scenarios' requirement.

One just wonders if BB will fix this and, if/when they do, whether they will account for scenarios already done by level 50 players.

As asked elsewhere... Can they really be expecting lvl 50 players to do 80,000 twins/grain? In under 20 years?

World
    Sandycove
    It's not.

I have done both Grain Conflict and Twins, and neither of the ressource achievement bars got moved up at all -- buffs, deposits, xp, and decos doesn't count as a ressource for it, so only way to gain that achivement is to gain granite, star coins, etc from Riches of the Mountain apparently (unless you're level 50 and get star coins)...
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 21.04.15 at 03:40.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    or perhaps new scenarios will be added depending on feedback, and they will give more resources to count for that achievement. you know, something really useful like 5k fish or something :P

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    I have done both Grain Conflict and Twins, and neither of the ressource achievement bars got moved up at all -- buffs, deposits, xp, and decos doesn't count as a ressource for it...
    Thanks for the info.

Well, I guess we just have to hope that there are more scenarios on the way... and permanent ones at that (not just event-specific like Where Do Easter Eggs Come From?), especially for those below the level requirement for Riches of the Mountain, who cannot progress with these achievements at the moment.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    On the other hand, I did at least half a dozen Grain Conflict scenarios during the past week and I am 99% certain that those counters didn't move at all as a result of doing them, but I'll be keeping a close eye on any do from now on, but I seem to recall the Star Coin awards are very low for that Scenario, so it is conceivable I just didn't really notice a few extra being tacked on to the totals.
    I was, indeed, mistaken. Just done another Grain Conflict with 11 Star Coins in the loot and the achievement counters went up by 11. So.. just another 90,000 or so of those and I'll be a Resource Master.

Reply to Thread