Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Downtime and compensation/ Sandycove

World
    Sandycove

Downtime and compensation/ Sandycove

I understand we needed the recent downtime to repair/rebuild the game after the event, but Sandycove was down a lot longer than NFL & Northisle. No offence to those servers but they were up at about 2pm/4pm and we were still lights out at 7pm-ish

100 gems for the loss of log in bonus, fine yes, but the gcs and any refill? LOL!!!

A longer downtime than last week and the offerings are a slap in the face with a big wet fish tbh, even tho the mail will NOT admit that this is what its really for.

Ho hum

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I have to say I agree. What about all the resources that some other players lost from carefully managed and timed buffs, or the special gold mines and arctic mines that collapsed? Judging from the chat tabs this was a big problem for lots of players, especially lower levels who are crippled by this kind of unexpected downtime.

World
    Sandycove
    I agree - Sandycove was more affected and this should be taken into account. As far as 'maintenance' down time, from now on I'm shutting off anything important before maintenance because I have lost all faith in the time 'estimates' (aka guesses)
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Guys, don't worry! Next maintenance our server will be up first, then NFL and finally Nortisle. On the next one the configuration rotates so we're going to have a bit of fairness.
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    No offense, but before every maintenance you should think ahead and stop everything that can otherwise "weaken" your economy (gold chain, bean castle, etc.).
    If anybody haven´t learned it by now then it was about time to figure it out the hard way (last two maintenances).
    100 gems would be - in my eyes - enough compensation. Because not everyone has time to sit in front of PC 24/7 just to be sure to get the daily log-in bonus.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If they deem it necessary to give out compensation a few manuscripts might be a better option than coins and universal refills.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by JiriTomiczek View Post
    No offense, but before every maintenance you should think ahead and stop everything that can otherwise "weaken" your economy (gold chain, bean castle, etc.).
    If anybody haven´t learned it by now then it was about time to figure it out the hard way (last two maintenances).
    100 gems would be - in my eyes - enough compensation. Because not everyone has time to sit in front of PC 24/7 just to be sure to get the daily log-in bonus.
    No offence taken. But I beg to differ... when maintenance is announced it sets some expectations. When theses expectations are not met then there is frustration. I agree we should stop every single production chain before maintenance. Who knows how long it would take next time - maybe a day or a week? Then we need to take into consideration which buffs we're planning to run sometimes 4 days in advance so that we're not caught in a bad position.

100 gems is fair as long as it's not for everyone. There are players that missed to login say the day before maintenance. Why rewarding them for something they were not entitled to in the very first place? For the last 2 weeks I logged in for just 5 non-consecutive days but I'm 200 gems plus. Is it fair for the others that actually did their best to login daily?
    Remember, remember the 25/11? You should have seen what happened on 17/03, 14/04 and 21/04 ...
    29/09 seems to be a major problem...

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to disagree with the "100 gems is fair as long as it's not for everyone".
    It is justified to give it to everyone, because if one is not able to log in (at the time he/she usually play) thanks to the unannounced extralong maintenance, they are breaking the players streak (or 7 consecutive days - call it whatever you want ).
    But rewarding players with coins, because coinages were running unbuffed is plain stupid

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Some of us were hoping for a premium day because of how losing almost a full days' play affects the adventuring players.

Disappointing that still no explanation has been given, so they obviously haven't got a clue what they are doing and it will happen again.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Didn't you hear PJ? Apparently a witch made some settlers go to sleep…

I wouldn't mind so much if they just said "Sorry we messed up"
    HOTFIX!

Reply to Thread