Reply to Thread

Thread: pvp on avatar?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

pvp on avatar?

I just went on tso to look at the new event which looks gr8 btw, but...
    whats with that stupid pvp level below the avatar? why is bb forcing something on us that many of us (I'm guessing the majority) don't like and don't want? how bout making the display optional? it bares no relevance to my game whatsoever, I got my basket house lvld up in 1st week of event but didn't bother with the last lvl coz it meant doing pvp. why is bb not listening to its players? plz stop trying to force pvp on me, I'm happy just playing pve

World
    Sandycove
    someone on another thread suggested making a totally new server for PVP and remove it from TSO live as it stands. I havent a clue on the logistics and even if its possible, but I think if it is do-able, then it should be done.

Many play TSO simply because it has NOT previously been PVP. I applaud BB for making it optional, but lets be honest, it's buggy as hell and it is controversial to say the least, given the way that it is encroaching on the game-proper.

I don't want to take away a part of the game that others truly are enjoying, but I do think BB need to rethink the way it is currently introducing it to the rest of the players who are not interested.
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 06.05.15 at 17:12.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe you BB should be brave enough to do a survey and find out how many are happy with the expeditions and how many who are doing them or maybe just considering doing them.

I cant see the logic in forcing us. This is a game, and if we dont like it, chances are that we find another game. I myself have only been here for 3-4 month after my old game, that I played for 5 years got very boring.

I am new to the game, so I was not here when PVP was not here, but I still hate it. It was introduced in the quests with very little explanations, much too early in the game, stealing the resources that I needed badly to clear my island. And when I found out how much I hated that part of the game, I had those d.. marshals to remind me of the coins and resources I had wasted, and that made me hate PVP even more.
    Last edited by Urd123; 07.05.15 at 07:32.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    PVP lacks a tutorial, and grants experience points the same way adventures do. Sadly the loot for completing an expedition is awful and with no guarantee of any profits from the colony over time it needs a lot of work to be worthwhile.
    It also requires a lot more attention from the player switching troops during battles and any lag can cause losses that can mean the expedition is a failure.

It wouldn't be so bad if all new content (and rewards) added to the game didn't revolve around the new PVP.

I hope the summer event is more than just a shop where we can exchange old resources.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Back to the topic - if 90% of us never do any PVP,- why do we need a PVP level attacked to our avatar ?? - really stupid that is. Please end the PVP part to the back side of the moon

World
    Newfoundland
    I find it silly that they are using a whole new thing to the left of star menu just to link the PVP rankings on the homepage. All the other things in that row have a lot of functionality. What they should do is get rid of the PVP button located between the achievements button and the avatar and move its functionality to the thingy left of star menu. The button/link to rankings could be on the window that opens.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 07.05.15 at 09:13.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've tried PVP and enjoyed it contrary to what I was expecting, yes could do with being made a bit more worthwhile but no major bugs experienced so far.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Surprised none of you complained about the red Pv? experience bar that circles the top of the avatar pic too

To be honest I am mostly in agreement though about the interface design and implementation, it could do with a lot of improvements. Rankings should be listed inside the game within a third tab of the Pv? panel with that panel just opening from the usual click on the globe/pv? icon near friends bar. Basically putting everything Pv? related (owned colonies, resource collection, rankings, progression, tiers and rewards all in one tabbed interface rather than two or three different places)

Not entirely sure why we still have such a large Avatar picture, as you can no longer change your chosen avatar and there are no glamourous visual additions that can be added to it.
    Last edited by Tripi; 07.05.15 at 18:52. Reason: Basically... addendum (umm middle-dendum)

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    well said jolly, my thoughts exactly. thx for putting them in a coherent manner

Reply to Thread