Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daily Quests

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    BB actively encourage a sense of community...

I agree they are often imbalanced but that aside many are something for nothing.
    I not clear at all how obtaining a small amount of resources encourages a sense of community. And I think (at least the impression I get) the biggest complaint is the scale of the task/reward. At level 10 picking up a little marble for doing something is very nice. At level 48 it's silly - I should have tasks (difficult to complete) that give me granite or saltpeter. It seems everyone gets the same random mix when it should be based on the level. It would also help if they added a few achievements (for those that like those) like 'complete 250 daily quests, 500 daily quests', etc. Make 500 and you get gems perhaps. That would be an additional incentive.
    Last edited by Xibor; 11.05.15 at 20:44.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    I agree they are often imbalanced but that aside many are something for nothing.
    Too many are nothing for something which is the point I think of the thread. BB talk of balancing, but why is their interpretation of `balancing' so far from the players.? My answer to that question would be to much time fiddling with PV? ( As this now fits in with office hours playing/developing ) And not enough time looking at the TO prices on all the various servers. If they did the latter, despite all the servers being of different ages, at least they would have `some' idea of the in-game values, and could then apply them to daily's and guild quests.
    If, after all, they are making an effort to change this aspect of the game, surely they ( with a little input from the community ) should be making them more `interesting ' and positive for the players rather than a click on the X chore negative. ( More negatives at this point in the game will not save the `community' and certainly will not encourage gem buying )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you considered that BB consider this a community game and the rewards are there to encourage people to feel a sense of community. For instance within 5 minutes of logging in you have contacted a friend to undertake a trade and then reversed the same trade (you've sold 100 coal for 1 fish and then sold 1 fish for 100 coal with each other) and for that you have received something for free.
    BB actively encourage a sense of community within game as it's what keeps many around and that in turn helps to create gem sales which in turn supports the game!

I dont really see how me giving up 100 coal to get 25 ore benefits the community.

The guildl quest we agree on deleting instantly when it is about giving away cannon parts, how can giving up those benefit the community ?

Why not make us do co-op advs for guild quest or something else that require that we actually work together.
    Last edited by Urd123; 11.05.15 at 21:22.

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have you considered that BB consider this a community game and the rewards are there to encourage people to feel a sense of community. For instance within 5 minutes of logging in you have contacted a friend to undertake a trade and then reversed the same trade (you've sold 100 coal for 1 fish and then sold 1 fish for 100 coal with each other) and for that you have received something for free.
    BB actively encourage a sense of community within game as it's what keeps many around and that in turn helps to create gem sales which in turn supports the game!

I'm sorry Fishslice it is not very often I disagree with you but on this matter I do..how on earth is paying lots of high end resources for a small amount of low end resources something for nothing ? imo .. they can't be bothered to put any thought into the quests, or the more likely reason is this is just another example of BB trying to get resources off the server. By no stretch of the imagination can I find anything in the quests that foster a sense of community.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    seems we are all pretty much in agreement. make the quests harder to give us something to do, which is surely the whole point of the quests and make the rewards much more worthwhile for higher lvls. let's hope bb reads this and acts accordingly, its one change I would most certainly welcome

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    unicornlinzy1 and Urd123, learn to differentiate between Pay and Sell..
    From settlersonlinewiki.eu/mission/daily-quest/..
    Quest: Negotiation skills
    Description: Sell at least 200 Coal trading with other players
    Reward: 25 Copper ore
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    They main problem with the current daily quests is that the rewards have been reduced so much its pointless.

But there was no reason to reduce the rewards. You can get at most 2 daily quests a day so it's not as if anyone can reap a huge profit from doing lots of daily quests. Reducing the rewards in no way helps game "balance" because they could never unbalance the game in the first place.

The rewards for daily quests should be significantly higher to give a real impetus for logging in each day and doing them. And by higher, I mean weapons and granite. And I don't mean 10 of each, I mean 100 or more.

NB: I was fully supportive of removing weapons from adventure loot, since those could be farmed endlessly and balance became an issue. As I've pointed out, though, farming of daily quests is simply not possible.

Inn summary: reducing daily quest rewards is not balancing the game, it's just stingy.

Are you a casual or part-time player? Don't want a chatty guild or expect lots of support?
    And do you want the chance to earn a few guild coins but don't want to be forced to do guild quests on a daily basis?

Then join GQS (Guild Quests (STILL!) Suck) on Northisle!
    Mail Gerontius here or in game for an invite.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    ya the only daily i havent deleted since they changed them is do BN get 500 gran the rest are just utter trash.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcil View Post
    ya the only daily i havent deleted since they changed them is do BN get 500 gran the rest are just utter trash.
    c'mon bb this sums up all our feelings...
    we love the idea of a daily quest, but sort it out plz

World
    Sandycove
    I'll repeat my agreement to making the daily quests make more sense, and my suggestion that they be scaled to level - at level 49 asking me to do something for 20 copper ore is just silly. Without any other reward (even an achievement) there is no motivation at all to worry about them.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread