Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daily Quests

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Daily Quests

quests and rewards have been changed recently and a lot of the quests do seem easier. the pay off is that rewards don't seem to be as good.
    if that's what bb are offering it doesn't really bother me but take note bb...

I delete over 99% of my daily quests either because I can't be bothered or usually the reward is laughably way to low to be worthwhile and today my quest was to level a hunter!

Really? for a lvl50 player? so my only option is to build a new hunter and then level it and i'll get 50 iron ore!!! this is 1 of the better rewards tbh but it too, has been deleted.

Please bb rethink these quests and give something to do each day when we log in other than hit the delete button

World
    Newfoundland
    that quest doesnt work btw

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Yes it does... they have changed the wording to the one way that the quest actually will trigger.

It used to say have an upgraded hunter. Now it tells you to upgrade one, as the act of the level of the building changing is what triggers the quest completion. Unfortunately, the resources needed to upgrade even a level 1 hunter (100 coins & 200 marble) are worth way more than the pitiful 50 iron ore reward.

Stupid quest that really is the "poster boy" for the many daily quests that should just be removed from the game and just highlights the devs propensity to fix things that ain't broken at the expense of time that would be better spent fixing the actual bugs!

World
    Sandycove
    I had the one `better trading' or worded something similar, which required the selling of 100 exotic logs on TO with the reward being 30 exotic logs...think that says it all. I hadn't really noticed a change, but assuming you are correct and `someone' is actually looking at changing `daily's ', Then perhaps it would be more beneficial for the players rather than just complain or just hit the `x' to actually list the ones that do not make sense from a players point of view and offer alternative awards
    Lol...Todays Daily ... `Cheap prices' buy at least 100 titanium ore from other players...reward....30 map fragments!
    General suggestion - If you have the requirement for players to obtain/sell a resource not available to be made on their island, reward it with another resource not able to be made on island, in fact perhaps all rewards should be in this category
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    yes, another example of BBs "ever-so-slightly" skewed view of what rebalancing means...

This morning I had a discussion with a fellow player over the inordinate amount of horseman and common angel statues that are appearing in the loots. They have no purpose other than to give them away on TO to newer players who have space at this point on their islands.

And let's talk about the amount of horses and settlers in the loots too, shall we? In one fell swoop, BB have managed to decimate the need for wheat, water, mills, bakers, silos and stables. And they call this a rebalance?

Please BB listen to your player base and rethink your rebalance - you ask for feedback, we give it; but only rarely are we actually told it's been noted and that changes are afoot to act on it. Communication is the key here, as always...

World
    Newfoundland
    The new daily quests are probably the most unimaginative piece of developing ive ever seen in a game. its a big part of content that a player is guaranteed to receive every day. the old ones were not great but at least most had reward that was worth it. if you take away the value of the reward you better substitute it with something exciting. currently even randomizing the non adventure dailies rewards would be an improvement..
    before i always used to look at the daily quest first and it kinda set the mood for the day of playing. now its easier to delete all without looking to avoid being disappointed 80% of the time.

World
    Sandycove
    I agree that the effort/cost amount vs. the reward is sometimes laughable. I don't mind simple daily quests but it seems the quest compared to the reward is completely random - it should look at 1) your level, 2) the relative cost of the effort and then apply that to an appropriate reward.

Even the achievement for daily quests is set very low and there are none past that, so it removes all incentive to worry about most of them. This should definitely be looked at.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Agreed, there is only few DQ, what is worth to do. It is a shame to hit cancel button almost 90% of them. I do not see the point, why all rewards has been changed as the same, first loots, now DQ. I get so much copper ore, for example, that it is not reward anymore, lol

Please do something about rewards, give us old ones back on DQ or just rebalance new ones. and please, no more exologs!!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Who wants to give 100 coal to get 25 copper ore ??
    What is the point to these quest, most of them you would be very stupid to do, and they are boring.

Please make them more interesting, and maybe make a choice between doing 2 or 3.
    Have many more that involve doing a adv. or something else that takes more than a mouse click.

Why would anyone place a level 1 well at their island at level 50?, well at least that quest does not require you to give something away for 1/4 of what it is worth in the game.

So please - spice them up - or just remove them, they are not worth the trouble now.
    Last edited by Urd123; 11.05.15 at 21:13.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Who wants to give 100 coal to get 25 copper ore ??
    Have you considered that BB consider this a community game and the rewards are there to encourage people to feel a sense of community. For instance within 5 minutes of logging in you have contacted a friend to undertake a trade and then reversed the same trade (you've sold 100 coal for 1 fish and then sold 1 fish for 100 coal with each other) and for that you have received something for free.
    BB actively encourage a sense of community within game as it's what keeps many around and that in turn helps to create gem sales which in turn supports the game!

I agree they are often imbalanced but that aside many are something for nothing.

Reply to Thread