Reply to Thread

Thread: Experience for Generals.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Experience for Generals.

Here's a suggestion.

For each battle that a General takes part in, they score one point.

The points can then be converted into General Experience points with the use of Books.
    Manuscript converts 50 battle points into 1xp.
    Tome converts 25 battle points into 1xp.
    Codex converts 5 battle points into 1xp.

Each experience point adds 1% value to the troops which the General commands.
    eg. a Recruit under a 10xp General would have 44 hit points, and do 16-33 damage (accuracy never changes), an Elite would have 132hp and do 22-44 damage. A maximum levelled 100xp General essentially doubles all hit points, and damage ratings of the troops.

Whilst this may not seem like a huge increase, it would take significant investment in Generals and play a tactical advantage as to which Generals you take into adventures. It shouldn't really overpower the game either given that you will need to spend a significant amount of resources to level a General that far. But for those that do, there is a decent reward.

World
    Sandycove
    Not bad Kizarvexious - and there are many other ways some kind of experience system could be introduced for generals. Regardless of the exact scheme something like how the explorers and geologists work would be great - being able to select bonuses to the general once enough points are earned. Players would then have an entirely new depth of customization. Your idea focuses on troops bonuses and I agree would not completely unbalance the game. Increases on the general itself would be good too - adding first strike or something would probably be too much, but some more hit points and a little more damage would be nice.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Something like this is in the works already. General Science, admittedly I was expecting to t least see it on test 15-18 months ago.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Didn't know that it was going to be worked on. That will be cool. I'm sure it will be rolled out in the normal timely manner
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread