Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scenarios Drop rate....or lack of

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I thought I made it very clear when I said "I send out a total of 30 fast and 3 slow Explorers each day". Let me spell it out in case anyone is confused still by this...

I send 15 Fast Explorers out in the morning. Those 15 Fast Explorers return after about 10.5 hours. I then send them out again in the evening of SAME DAY along with the 3 slow ones. That equals 30 Fast Explorers each day + 3 slow. In case anyone is a new player, the Slow Explorers are purchased from Tavern. The Fast Explorers come from Merchant using gems or from Events.

The point of my post was to show odds by giving total that went out and how many scenarios were earned. The details of how I did it is just bonus info in case it is of value to anyone.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I have been sending explorers out daily in search of these scenario adventures and in the past week they all returned with none. In previous weeks they would bring them almost daily. I have used all search types and agree that all adventures should be available for map fragments in the merchant.

I still think we need some way to exchange the unwanted adventures for the ones we like to do, as it would encourage more adventuring. There are too many that just aren't worth the time. Adventures like secluded experiments and sons of the veld don't even sell for 1 fish, yet explorers find them more often than others.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I have been sending explorers out daily in search of these scenario adventures and in the past week they all returned with none. In previous weeks they would bring them almost daily. I have used all search types ...
    Which goes to prove that random is random, and % chance is just a chance. There should not be a pattern at all, it should vary.

and agree that all adventures should be available for map fragments in the merchant.
    I don't agree - that would make using explorers to find adventures almost useless (since those who unlocked it can produce map fragments at will) and trading adventures would have much less appeal.

I still think we need some way to exchange the unwanted adventures for the ones we like to do, as it would encourage more adventuring. There are too many that just aren't worth the time. Adventures like secluded experiments and sons of the veld don't even sell for 1 fish, yet explorers find them more often than others.
    How about trading the adventures on the market? Offering them up in the trade tab? I don't see secluded experiments and sons of the veld any more often than random chance would indicate. I was on a Nords streak for a while - finding almost one per day, and my wife's explorers seem to have a talent for finding Victor the Vicious. But now they are finding other things. As far as "not being worth the time" that depends on your point of view. Some "bad" adventures have achievements, some have special loot that is worth going for, some are better if doing co-op with other players, and I've always managed to sell them for something (even Sons of the Veld). Plus I've seen some guides for Sons of the Veld that make the losses more reasonable.

And simply - if you don't like it, don't play it, don't want to try to sell it - just delete it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread