Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffs not remaining for full term.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Some of my feasts run for a few hours then stop or about 18 hours then stop. I am well acquainted with the buffs not always taking straight away so I always wait for them to start and check them periodically.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Ever heard of the fact that there are bugs in this game? .
    Strangely enough, the fact that this is in a "Bugs and Technical Issues" section seems not to have occurred to you.

World
    Newfoundland
    Dangnabbit. Thought this was "Useless Venting Noone Cares About" section. Must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Ill be leaving now..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just happened to me for a Goldfever..
    Had an Industrial Gold Mine prembuffed by a friend about 4 hours ago and that Goldfever is gone now. That friend did log off soon after buffing me.
    (I also had some shortbuffs (tricks) from him on other buildings but in another sector far away from this IGM. Those buildings have been rebuffed since then and were so right before I found this Goldfever buff gone.)

As previous I suspect this is about some kind of a (server) rollback, triggered by unknown reason.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 21.01.16 at 17:48.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Northisle
    I was so pleased to see this thread today then realised i had started it. I really must get onto the main forum more

Anyhow i still have this problem. I can buff all my bronze so that they all need a re-buff at the same time i check they are all 'tinkling', I check my stacks that are left and they are the right number. I can then see a few hours later that a few have stopped tinkling so the buffs are then out of time.

World
    Sandycove
    I wonder what could be causing that. I use 24 hour buffs on an exact time frame each day (which fits with my lunch hour at work) and they expire exactly when they are supposed to.

My wife and I also cast a lot of buffs on each other for certain buildings and they also time out exactly. I know because I run an independent timer program to track when important buffs will end and it always works to the second.

So there must be some kind of other issue going on, it's not core to the common game code (at least on this server).
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Well I am not alone it seems with this issue. A fellow guildy buffed a load of stuff for me Today (well technically yesterday now it is past midnight) that I gave them Grilled Steaks for and a few hours later ( I noticed after about 3 and a half) they had all dissapeard off my coal producing buildings but were still going for all the rest, does anyone have another idea apart form roll backs as I was online all the time chatting when I noticed this with no glitch or throwing out.

World
    Northisle
    I got this too today. I had 5 copper smelters buffed at the same time with grilled steak and today 2 of them didn't have any buff and 3 had 1d 6h 40min left.

I contacted support and they wanted me to among other things update my browser and flush my DNS cache

The whole response felt like there can't be any problem in the game and the fault is in my computer and support won't do anything unless I respond within 48h

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    I got this too today. I had 5 copper smelters buffed at the same time with grilled steak and today 2 of them didn't have any buff and 3 had 1d 6h 40min left.

I contacted support and they wanted me to among other things update my browser and flush my DNS cache

The whole response felt like there can't be any problem in the game and the fault is in my computer and support won't do anything unless I respond within 48h
    My understanding is the DNS cache does clear itself periodically. I have had this problem for a very long time now and my DNS would have cleared itself for sure. Yet it still happens. I think the main problem is that it is intermittent and also only happens for certain players. Since I first had it i have changed from win 7 to 10 and bought a new laptop. Still happens.

The only other thing i think it can be and i am ready to be shot down in flames as I have next to no computer knowledge is that on this server there are bugged segments that can not be 'cleaned' unless blocks of players stop play permanently and that is unlikely to happen. The only other thing is a complete roll back for everyone and I for one would hate that.

World
    Northisle
    DNS is the system that translates domain names to IP address. Example www.thesettlersonline.com -> 194.169.249.184, w02chat01.thesettlersonline.com -> 194.169.249.185, etc.

So the only affect it has to the game is if there's a connectivity problem.

Reply to Thread