Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffs not remaining for full term.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    DNS is the system that translates domain names to IP address. Example www.thesettlersonline.com -> 194.169.249.184, w02chat01.thesettlersonline.com -> 194.169.249.185, etc.

So the only affect it has to the game is if there's a connectivity problem.
    Perhaps proxy servers are messing up here.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Perhaps proxy servers are messing up here.
    Or even the DNS servers.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I've had it too, feasts all gone bar one early ( all applied at the same time, remaining one still showing 4hrs ). It messes up production and consumption, so it needs sorting fast.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    I've had it too, feasts all gone bar one early ( all applied at the same time, remaining one still showing 4hrs ). It messes up production and consumption, so it needs sorting fast.
    I play on Sandycove, so it can't be something unique with that server. As posted before, I use an independent program to track buffs on important buildings, and the buffs expire within seconds of when the timer program says it should. This applies to all known buffs on all known buildings.

There must be something odd going on unique to certain players, and I can't imagine what. Does anyone ever run anything that overdrives the CPU or otherwise messes with the system clock?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I play on Sandycove, so it can't be something unique with that server. As posted before, I use an independent program to track buffs on important buildings, and the buffs expire within seconds of when the timer program says it should. This applies to all known buffs on all known buildings.

There must be something odd going on unique to certain players, and I can't imagine what. Does anyone ever run anything that overdrives the CPU or otherwise messes with the system clock?
    It's not a local "graphical" issue. Both island owner and visitors do see the same here - some buffs are gone too early.
    It's not something going on unique to certain players. There are several differences between your experience and players reporting here. Most significant is the amount of years spent on building and organizing the island. I doubt your island are comparable here.
    You use 24 hour buffs one time a day. I use several kinds of buffs and have most of my buildings buffed by different people at various times.
    Please, stop make all these "it's-all-fine-here-so-problem-at-you-must-be-your-own-fault"-posts. They are rather rude and not helping. We already have support for such response so no need for you to do the same..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 28.01.16 at 21:29.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    It's not a local "graphical" issue. Both island owner and visitors do see the same here - some buffs are gone too early.
    It's not something going on unique to certain players. There are several differences between your experience and players reporting here. Most significant is the amount of years spent on building and organizing the island. I doubt your island are comparable here.
    You use 24 hour buffs one time a day. I use several kinds of buffs and have most of my buildings buffed by different people at various times.
    Please, stop make all these "it's-all-fine-here-so-problem-at-you-must-be-your-own-fault"-posts. They are not helping.
    I was saying no such thing. I'm sorry you took it that way. I was trying to offer information to help in the diagnosis. To debug an issue requires both what fails and what does not.

I use a variety of buffs on various buildings, and so does my wife, and we've never seen this issue. Of course everyone's islands are different and buff patterns are different. I tend to do my own 'normal' buffs and I do many for my wife so we're running very different timings. I think between the buffs we use and the buildings we use them on pretty much every combination is covered frequently.

Therefore it seems a common server issue isn't the problem, and it doesn't affect all players, the question then becomes what is unique here? What do the affected players have in common - there must be some link somewhere because (usually) bugs don't randomly affect some people and not others. I agree that there is some kind of bug that much is clear. I hope you can narrow down the common element so that a fix can be focused on.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    Hi Xibor, I've been suspicious of this happening occasionally, but, I suspect like many others, put it down to `my' mistake. But this occurred on a group of buildings all buffed at the same time with the same buff ( feasts ) Another group of buildings were buffed also and these as well as the single one of the original group were still showing 4hrs remaining. They were all sparkling when I applied the buffs and logged off, on logging on the next day some were not, hence adding to this post. The only thing I can think of is that for some reason those that were no longer `buffed' were recorded on the server as being aunt Irmas and not feasts.
    On a side note a few weeks ago I had a `packed wheat field' exhaust over night, which I thought odd as I have a pretty balanced ( slight minus when bread is in full production ) wheat use/ refill set up, and yet I had normal fields still nearly full. There are some odd things going on at the moment..
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Hi , Yes my 24 & 12 hour buffs are running out early 4 hours for the 24 hour and 2 hours for the 12 hour buffs

World
    Newfoundland
    This has been passed on and I will let you know when more details become available.
    Thank you for your reports!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Don't know if this is related but today for the guild quest a fellow guildie sent me a trade during his lunch break, arriving home from work no such trade showed in my mail box even though it should have been there for about another 2 hours before timing out.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread