Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Buffs not remaining for full term.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    A while back the old problem of production buffs not sticking/ending too early was merged with the newer zone buffs ending early problem. This seemed, even at the time, like a too hasty mistake. Fingers crossed it's clear now that the fix for the zone buff issue did not fix the regular production buffs issue.

If it's possible to check it would be worth making sure the vanished production buffs haven't reappeared in the buffer's star menu, when it's a quick-fail that often happens. Might also send a nudge ticket to support, if they don't hear anything directly for a while it's not unusual for things to be filed under 'No-one has said anything in [time], so it must be fixed.' or 'Oh, you're the only one who's had a problem.''

In sum ~ I know that's not terribly helpful, but it seems to be the current state of affairs until proper news rolls in.

Master of Strategy
    World
    Sandycove
    It seems that there are two distinct issues with building buffs that are being reported. One is "Buffs not remaining for the correct length of time" or "ending early".
    The other is "buffs not sticking" - ie disappearing as soon as placed.
    I'm going to try to keep the two seperate, with the first in this thread, and the second here

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Hi Houri, while this thread began with:

Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I have noticed on several occasions that my buffs either self placing or for friends are running out well before time. I gather this is also happening for at least one other in my guild.

I have only noticed it on Feasts so far and will try and obtain a screen shot.
    some way in this happened:

I know i named this thread 'buffs' but until now these have only been production ones and has been going on for a very long time.

There is now a new bug - The Island buffs not running to full term and altering upon visiting and revisiting other islands. This is very different and I cannot understand the need to merge the two threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    Threads are merged because (in spite of the different type of buffs reported) the issue is the same: buffs are not remaining for the duration they are supposed to remain.
    But likely to be two different bugs I would have thought. But maybe I know nowt
    Zone buff issues specifically have been addressed in two change logs here and here but that doesn't cover the 'regular' buffs.

The point of my post, that seems a little lost now it's moved to this already tangled thread, is that the fixed zone buffs are not the same as the still hinky regular buffs (as Mortallicus pointed out) and it would be nice to know that's clear on all fronts rather than tech thinking, 'We got it! '
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 06.09.16 at 19:32.

World
    Northisle
    I had the same problem yesterday:
    Rabbit Lucky Charm applied by friend on Maho mill: the game showed the buff properly applied and I started the building. When I checked at night the mill was running unbuffed, Charm had disappeared

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Yes the issue is back seems, a lot of guildies have same issue

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    A friend buffed 8 gold mines with feasts yesterday. When i logged in today after about 12 hours ... the buffs were gone

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I started this thread on the 15th May 2015.

I was reporting regular buffs. At that time though it appeared mainly for irmas or feasts probably because i was using those more.
    In time i admit I gave up moaning about it as only a few seemed to have a problem and I sort of learned to live with it. But its steadily got worse or maybe has always covered all buffs but i did not realise it.

I hate to think of how much I have lost in resources it would be huge by now. When I visit friends i buff and stay till every buff placed glows then stay a few more moments to make sure I have done my best. More and more people in my guild are complaining about the same thing.

A guild member carpet buffed me with steaks the other day and I noticed that many did not last more than 6 hours at the absolute most. A few did go the distance.

This really needs to be addressed now.

Community Manager
    World
    Newfoundland
    I started this thread on the 15th May 2015.

I was reporting regular buffs. At that time though it appeared mainly for irmas or feasts probably because i was using those more.
    In time i admit I gave up moaning about it as only a few seemed to have a problem and I sort of learned to live with it. But its steadily got worse or maybe has always covered all buffs but i did not realise it.

I hate to think of how much I have lost in resources it would be huge by now. When I visit friends i buff and stay till every buff placed glows then stay a few more moments to make sure I have done my best. More and more people in my guild are complaining about the same thing.

A guild member carpet buffed me with steaks the other day and I noticed that many did not last more than 6 hours at the absolute most. A few did go the distance.

This really needs to be addressed now.
    If you feel like you had some buffs that didn't last for as long as they should, you can raise a ticket with support to get it addressed. Make sure to keep a note of which buffs they were, and when they were applied - this will help get to a resolution as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Saqui View Post
    If you feel like you had some buffs that didn't last for as long as they should, you can raise a ticket with support to get it addressed. Make sure to keep a note of which buffs they were, and when they were applied - this will help get to a resolution as quickly and efficiently as possible.
    I do not 'feel' like it , I know for sure and honestly cant quite get my head round your answer. Counting to 16,000,003 as my mum taught me.

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    i can confirm this issue is back, some of steaks not last long.

Reply to Thread