Thread: My game suggestions

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    I think this guy should just go and play a diff game

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    I would rather they were more of a game challenge with re-spawning bandit and pirate raids, so that when you logged on you never knew where the game would take you that day. (building defences and re-building production and population buildings with low and medium level resources would act as a resource sink for those items )
    Oh no no no no PLEASE no. I finally found one of the few games that I don't have to worry at night if all my hard work is being destroyed while I sleep or if I happen to be sick one day and can't log in. No way can I handle being forced to be glued to the Island because of what might be happening if I don't keep checking. Been there, done that, lost a lot of sleep and gained a lot of stress.

I could see a compromise however. As part of the daily quest cycle a random 'bandit attack' could happen (perhaps 5-10% chance). The bandit camps would be located on the home island and be of varying number and strength scaled by your level. They would be benign and not do any direct destruction, but if they are located near a production building that building stops producing until the camp is removed. This would add some interest and a little surprise but not cause loss of days/weeks/months of hard work.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    I think you missed the bit about it being on the extra islands if they add them not the main island The idea of it being at a low setting, not every day, and depending on how you placed defences and with what troops the spawned attacks would not always be successful anyway.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    ah - then that's different. I did miss the connection to it being on extra islands, in which case it would be optional to worry about it and that could possibly be interesting.

World
    Sandycove
    I didn't want to start a new thread, this one seemed the most appropriate.

It appears that the loss of the ability to see all the troop counts in the garrison UI during anything except waiting for orders hasn't bothered too many people - it seems most are happy that mousing-over the garrison to see the troops is sufficient. I would still like the graphic that covers up the troops moved or eliminated, but if that is not possible (or not popular enough) could the mouse-over at least show the troops in an consistent order? The images explain the troops well enough but when you are trying to match up to notes it's kind of annoying to me that sometimes it's recruit-cavalry-solider and sometimes cavalry-recruit-soldier or whatever.

I would find that helpful.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have decided to stop playing for a while, the game has just become a chore of building wheat fields and sending geologists out every morning and night, games should be fun not a daily chore!

Perhaps there should be a holiday mode or less daily maintenance required?

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bint View Post
    I have decided to stop playing for a while, the game has just become a chore of building wheat fields and sending geologists out every morning and night, games should be fun not a daily chore!

Perhaps there should be a holiday mode or less daily maintenance required?
    Depending on how much you balance your economy the amount of maintenance will vary. As far as mines go, yup - they need to be replaced. But you don't necessarily have to use them. Produce enough of something and sell them for the resources you need. It's really up to you.

This game has a micro-manage element by it's nature and that shouldn't be a surprise - by level 30 that's kind of clear.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to see the Scouts from the hut doing their duty - for a fish supper - they could run round and collect all the collectables to save time. J

Reply to Thread