Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Industrial iron mine

World
    Northisle
    On testserver all deposits are bigger, nothing to do with the mines it's just for people to try things with more freedom.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    cant seem to sell my SGM

World
    Sandycove
    It has long been argued that the only reason we get `odd' things with little relationship to production or values in the real game is because the Devs use the `Test' island values when they develop new content, forgetting that the test environment is for quick testing of new features and NOT long term economics of the island.
    I'm pretty certain now that they consider the `re-balancing' of last November a finished deal, when we know full well it is not. Shame as recently the team have , seemingly, being making strides in bug fixes and game irritations improvements. I just wish they took two steps forward before one step back rather than the other way around.

but I still think it shouldn't be destroyed when it's empty, or be endless (at obviously a much higher price) and limited to 1
    We are limited to three endless copper mines out of six deposits, I do not see why a limit of three/four endless Iron mines would be out of place, especially as if they were for gems it would be revenue for the game. The idea behind endless mines is the benefit to the player from not having to rebuild ALL mines daily. While one would be welcome, it would not reduce the `rebuilding ' significantly given the number of iron deposits on the island ( compared to copper ).
    The new emphasis on the iron chain, ( even with BB half hearted attempt to re-balance it ) is still limited by the small deposit size. The IIM actually high lights this, and actually shows the need to either provide an `endless option' or look at increasing the deposit size....the fact that both would improve the game only leaves BB to decide which would provide new income? ( and less bugs of course )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    These two Industrial mines seem pointless, to my mind if BB want to make money from gem sales they should think of a strategy to clear ALL existing gems from the game, people are sitting on 100k+ gems if they have bought just one gem pit and methodically waited for gems to accumulate so they could buy another pit until all 10 have been acquired.

To clear all the gems why not put unlimited mines to cover all the deposits, I'm sure there must be people willing to spend the money to do it across the whole island (not myself). I would of thought most level 50 characters fall into 1 of 2 camps either they spend no money in game or they have sufficient gems to cover them until the servers finally close one day. BB needs to come up with something to at least tempt some level 50's to part with real life money and I don't think Industrial mines is the answer.

World
    Newfoundland
    Well done BB with these 2 new amazing buildings!

</sarcasm>

World
    Newfoundland
    ill w8 for the lvl 8 ones that will arrive next month.
    more seriously they should have put refills on sale with the mines.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Well, they could have made it to stop automatically instead off self destruct.
    Endless would be an option, both for iron & gold, but limited to one.
    Or the price of iron ore and gold would take a dive, just like copper did.

I'm so old, I remember a soldier could pay for a his supper, bed (incl "room service") & breakfast with only a handful of copper.
    Good times, good times.

World
    Newfoundland
    The whole idea of the level 6 and 7 mines are to make you burn though your ore so you have to buy refills, from the shop, all the while having to use up any ore you have all ready in the deposit. All the while dumping your gems into a building that by the time you get to use it will be replaced by another.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Sandycove
    Endless would be an option, both for iron & gold, but limited to one.
    Or the price of iron ore and gold would take a dive, just like copper did.
    I do not understand this. I do not have endless copper mines but I was under the impression their production rate was the same lvl for lvl as an ordinary mine.
    Yes you can now find a deposit that can be mined faster with skilled geo's, but that is not the fault of the `endless' design. Again the endless design is to save rebuilding everyday, NOT increased production ( unlike the IIM ). If anything it would reduce the building/upgrading resources value to the market, not necessarily the iron ore value. I can see that you would upgrade it to max level where you probably would not do so for an ordinary mine, and thus increase production by two or three units per cycle, but as there are already `artics' in the game doing just that, it is a poor argument to use in limiting a prospective `endless iron mine' addition to one rather than three/four IMO.

The whole idea of the level 6 and 7 mines are to make you burn though your ore so you have to buy refills, from the shop, all the while having to use up any ore you have all ready in the deposit. All the while dumping your gems into a building that by the time you get to use it will be replaced by another.
    I do tend to agree, Baaahhhhhhjjjaaa I would also add that it also smacks of a blinkered fix to the increased need for iron in their so called rebalanced iron chain, they just didn't look at the supply through deposits for the ordinary player. A player sitting on 100k deposit refills are in the best position to use the IIM, stick a three or 4 times buff on it and your well `balanced' for the iron chain
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread