Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Industrial iron mine

World
    Sandycove

Industrial iron mine

I see we are getting two new buildings on limited offer.
    If I'm right, a level 7 industrial iron mine is going to eat a deposit in less than a day, so will require a lot of refills to keep it going, ( and trouble free maintenance nights if its not going to be lost unexpectedly ) I'm wondering if it will be worth it, as I'm currently working all my deposits quite hard to keep the iron chain running, and wouldn't want to tie up a deposit with a `sleeping' mine. Anyone any ideas?
    Personally, I would prefer a few endless iron mines to take the pressure off a little and at the moment would be the only thing I would consider spending real money on, hint, hint BB
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Far as I recall off hand the consensus on the industrial iron mine on test was "Why!", for exactly the reasons you have stated.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Something I hope BB may consider is an inbetween approach for these new Industrial Iron Mines. Instead of the iron mine itself depleting when the deposit gets to zero, have the Industrial Mine remain intact. That way when you resend your Geo's out it will refill those mines to 550 and off they go again. So it can be played in different ways by players which lends itself well to a sandbox type of game that Settlers Online is. Some players will use refills on it and some will use Geologists to refill. If BB limits the number of Industrial mines to 2 or 3 then it won't be over powered.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Struggling hard enough as it is to keep up with the Arctic mine- so no way am I going to waste any gems on an even faster mine. Same goes for the gold mine,- I have a special goldmine already, that is sleeping most of the time.

World
    Sandycove
    Agreed - the fact that they deplete makes them questionable to use. I have to worry constantly about my arctic mine to make sure it's got enough to make it through the night (or until next time I can log in). And forget maintenance day - it's shut off for that based on recent experience.

I like the idea that the supply would run out but the building would stay and be producing 0 (or is sleeping). That seems to be reasonable for the special mines.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    depleting mines for real money = never.
    what a waste of game developing time, jeez..

World
    Northisle
    What is the production time of an industrial Iron Mine? Is it 7m like wikia says?
    Because if it is, then they are USLESS because a level 6 iron mine takes as much ore as it then...

World
    Newfoundland
    not sure but on a previous test island iron deposits were much bigger 7500 i think, maybe they are planning to roll that out soon, so level 7 iron mines might work then

World
    Sandycove
    If the deposit size was larger then it might make sense - but I still think it shouldn't be destroyed when it's empty, or be endless (at obviously a much higher price) and limited to 1
    Last edited by Xibor; 21.05.15 at 21:44. Reason: changed "shouldn't deplete" to shouldn't be destroyed
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    If the deposit size was larger then it might make sense - but I still think it shouldn't deplete, or be endless (at obviously a much higher price) and limited to 1
    +1

Reply to Thread