Reply to Thread

Thread: scenario v co-op find rates

World
    Northisle

scenario v co-op find rates

I have been sending out my explorers on adventure searches almost continuously for weeks and found lots of adventures, especially dozens of co-ops which nobody does any more. In all that time my guys have only found 8 scenarios which is what I actually want. would it be possible to change the rates so that it is less likely to return a co-op and more likely to give a scenario?

There really is no point in giving away lots of adventures nobody wants and making it next to impossible for them to get the ones they do want. It is also hyper inflating the value of the scenarios so that people are asking way more than the scenario is actually worth in resources.

At my current rate I think it will take me 11 years to complete the find 1 million resource achievement.

World
    Newfoundland
    Try the shortest search I found that you stand a better drop chance with that.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I dont really understand why you wish to find them, they are not really worth the trouble, Now when they are rare, at least you can use them to get something worth using time on by trading them in the marked. If the drop rates were raised then they would be a total waste.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Doing short searches is pointless, the only scenario which will help you get anywhere near enough resources for the achievements is Riches of the Mountains. Trying to get a million resources from the other scenarios would take forever. Do Twins and see how little the resources counter goes up! pathetic! the game will be obsolete before anyone completes the 1m resources achievement.

Totally agree about the Coop adventures. Increasing the drop rate has not encouraged anyone to do them - the only way that would encourage people that I can see is to improve the loots, which were great before Nerfvember, but now do not reflect the losses. Given the added difficulty of trying to recruit and coordinate the players (even in an active guild) the Co-ops have become white elephants; the new SotV. I'm sure BB have access to figures to show which addies people are doing and I'm confident these will bear out my suspicion that far fewer coops are being done since the loot changes.
    HOTFIX!

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    Doing short searches is pointless, the only scenario which will help you get anywhere near enough resources for the achievements is Riches of the Mountains. Trying to get a million resources from the other scenarios would take forever.
    Not strictly true, as Heart of the Wood can help quite significantly as well...

However, you can't get that from a short search, so your first statement is correct.

World
    Newfoundland
    Doing short searches is pointless, the only scenario which will help you get anywhere near enough resources for the achievements is Riches of the Mountains.
    (1) What Ozzymandeus said about heart of the wood, star coins also count and while that isn’t much it is better than having to knock out a small fortune or the frustration of trying to get find a RotM.

(2) You will need to do over 1,000 to get the big resources reward, so you might as well do the short ones and get the other achievements done and then if, and this is a big if, BB release more scenarios (events and the like) that have a better resource drop rate then use them to clear the large resource achievement.
    The drop for riches is very low, and the amount of salt knocking about in the market now is also low, and expensive, at least having a scenarios that you can either sell or part clear an achievement is better than nothing, and it will help you clear the find 100 achievement.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Reply to Thread