Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Midsummer Night's Dream

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle

A Midsummer Night's Dream

Correct me if I was dreaming, but the proposed 'shopping spree', where we are supposed to get to change our old event resources into tokens and use them to buy stuff from the Merchant, was called the "Midsummer Night Event" when it appeared on the test server.

Well, last time I checked, Midsummer is June 21st and that would make our next maintenance the last one before that date and yet we still have no official announcement or change log regarding the start of this "event". (Using that term very loosely)

So, I guess either we're getting (next to) no notice of the start date or the "Midsummer Night Event" isn't actually going to include Midsummer Night.

Either way, I think that's a bit... poo!

World
    Northisle
    Midsummer is Midle summer, june 21 is the start of the summer... so i'm guessing event will probably be around July midle or end.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah pretty stupid that there is still no word about this. A lot of people will be soon on vacations and offline so the "last chance to use" event could be running and they are not there to shop and cant even prepare to be there for at least one day.

The real/official midsummer 'event' is always around June 21 and lasts few days in a lot of countries. They picked the wrong and misleading name if they will run the event in July.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    ...june 21 is the start of the summer...
    I am sorry but that statement is simply false... For some countries and/or religions, the the celebrations of Midsummer do not actually fall on the 21st... but, all that mark it, do so somewhere between June 21st and June 25th.

However, the original and true date of Midsummer is the Summer Solstice, which is June 21st and the evening preceding it. (Because technically the exact time can fall late on the 20th some years due to that whole quarter day thing that also means we need a 29th day in February every four years).

Hello Ozzymandeus,

Please don't use non tso related links.

Thank you,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 12.06.15 at 05:39.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    They picked the wrong and misleading name if they will run the event in July.
    The word event is even more misleading

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    The word event is even more misleading
    Agreed... like I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    (Using that term very loosely)
    However, Mannerheim makes a very good point that this is vacation season for a lot of people. Personally speaking, I am due to leave for mine very soon. I will be away for two weeks and would very much like to know when I am going to be able to do something with the thousands of pumpkins and presents I have left over from last year. It will take some considerable time for my Provision Houses to convert them all... so it will be more than just a case of finding one day to log in if it happens while I am away.

Come on Blue Byte... enquiring minds need to know... in order to plan accordingly!

World
    Sandycove
    Correct me if I was dreaming, but the proposed 'shopping spree', where we are supposed to get to change our old event resources into tokens and use them to buy stuff from the Merchant, was called the "Midsummer Night Event" when it appeared on the test server.

Well, last time I checked, Midsummer is June 21st and that would make our next maintenance the last one before that date and yet we still have no official announcement or change log regarding the start of this "event". (Using that term very loosely)

So, I guess either we're getting (next to) no notice of the start date or the "Midsummer Night Event" isn't actually going to include Midsummer Night.

Either way, I think that's a bit... poo!
    +1 its all been a bit understated compared to previous "events".

We want news on this now, even if its bad news (i.e no 4th MMA etc yada yada yada). Just tell us whats happening this summer please

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am sorry but that statement is simply false... For some countries and/or religions, the the celebrations of Midsummer do not actually fall on the 21st... but, all that mark it, do so somewhere between June 21st and June 25th.

However, the original and true date of Midsummer is the Summer Solstice, which is June 21st and the evening preceding it. (Because technically the exact time can fall late on the 20th some years due to that whole quarter day thing that also means we need a 29th day in February every four years).
    You are right.
    In my counstry summer officially start on the first of June. Midsummer is the summer solstice and that cant be changed into the middle of July. So if it is not to start at midsummer, then they better find a new name for the event.
    Last edited by Fexno; 18.06.15 at 07:02. Reason: removed non tso links in quote

World
    Sandycove
    I'm not sure BB mentioned midsummer of which year.. just say'n ;]

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Qoute from the change log

Midsummer Shop Event
    Start: 30th of June 2015, after maintenance
    End: 21st July 2015 (3 weeks after activation), after maintenance
    Old Event resources can be converted to tokens and used to purchase items from former events
    More information will be provided with an upcoming Dev Diary

I guess the word shop is the only not missleading part of that name ;-)
    Event? Not really.
    Midsummer? Def. not! Midsummers eve is celebrated this friday (in sweden at least) and on the 23rd in some countries (like norway under the name "st Hans")

The positive things are
    1) At least we get a chance to spend those old event resources.
    2) It is active for 3 weeks so people might actually take a few days of from the game during an event (without failing to complete things connected to the event).

Reply to Thread