Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow! Star menu explodes spilling "thousands" of individual star coins everywhere!

World
    Newfoundland

Exclamation Wow! Star menu explodes spilling "thousands" of individual star coins everywhere!

The spontanious event happened after just one more individual star coin stack was added to a seemingly infinite, tightly packed, unscrollably large list.

A witness says it probably happened after just one more adventure loot spot but isn't quite sure how the event happened.

"Something really big was building up, I mean the nib on the scrollbar was just so, so very tiny" a keen observer said.

The star menu burst at the seams with "thousands" of single star coin stacks exploding all over the place.

"There were lots of valuable items in there too but I just cant seem to find them" the owner of the broken star menu said.

Wow!

"There's just no way those can all fit back in there" a passer-by said afterwards.

"Now I really can't find anything at all, if only I could filter and find the stuff I actually need?" the owner said.

Incredible.

World
    Newfoundland
    simple dont send to starmenu you wont have thousands of 1 star coins there then

World
    Newfoundland
    That can have undesirable results such as stopping production

World
    Newfoundland
    Also, as hinted the problem is not constrained just to star coins

World
    Newfoundland
    only stops production for resources, if production stops storage must be full, so sell some or add more storage space

World
    Newfoundland
    All of which are not actual solutions for the following points that were more or less raised in the original post:

1/ It remains difficult and inconvenient to find things in the star menu.

2/ Lots of tiny little stacks of single anythings makes no sense to me (not just resources but buffs as well).

3/ The scrollbar nib/interface is too tiny and cumbersome to use, I have to be a highly trained scrollbar anatomy surgeon.

4/ I can't jump to any particular item I want to use, there is no search, filtering, hotkeys, nor deeper level categories.

5/ The window is too small to fit all that stuff. why is it so small? (almost every other window is much, much bigger)

Additionally:

6/ The send to storehouse button was added a long time after other features exacerbated the original problem.

7/ Nobody else I know likes using the star menu, and I'm not the first to loudly complain.

8/ There is no easy way to clean up the items even if I really wanted to (and this still doesn't solve the usability problem).

9/ I, and others don't want to click for hours to maintain/clean up after a pre-existing usability defect (the game should be fun).

10/ If i go to any other tab, I lose the previous scroll position and have to find that position again, madness.

11/ The ordering for some items doesn't make sense; alpha sometimes, or just arbitrary, or order of acquisition.. so totally inconsistent.

12/ The number of items folks can't find and use or clean up easily is probably causing both a UI and backend performance issue.

13/ And.. I'm fairly certain there are more...

14/ It is a usability(enjoyment) and performance(technical) defect and should be fixed.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    Please remember that it is the known and understood BB methodology to add vast further buggy functionality before fixing existing problems (that are usually a simple fix). This will likely be sorted in around 2 years, regardless of how loud/vociferous/repeat the complaints are.

The current example is colonies - lets add a worthless ranking system, whilst not fixing the existing achievement bugs or the resets that make the game unplayable on occasion. e.g. unnecessary troop loss when the next selected troop resets to something different during a battle.

World
    Newfoundland
    Yes I see your point. Except that unlike the newish colonies feature, the star menu is literally front and centre, and impossible to avoid.

Reply to Thread