Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    But you refer to fishslice postings here as "someone who offered a single, solitary counterpoint without ranting in the slightest."?
    Indeed I did. G'Nite!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Indeed I did. G'Nite!
    Really?
    Those posts were only about making an own definition of the term 'Midsummer' as like there were none stated in UK.
    Hench my answer for the sake of argument.

As I answered him first here in post #89 I don't see what gives you the right to jump in and accuse me for trolling..

Edit: Ah! You trolled me all the way.. You really got me.
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 24.06.15 at 04:21.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    What a waste of time reading this thread

World
    Newfoundland
    Decent shop, going to give me the chance for even more goodies, I don't agree with some of the decisions that have been made regarding it.

*writes shopping list*
    Last edited by Brayarg; 24.06.15 at 08:40.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    If as some players claim that there is bad feeling towards this "Summer Special" and that most players will infact be excluded, then why not simply put the whole thing on hold and post a questionnaire asking us the players.

My own feeling towards the matter is that bb has not thought this entirely through, yes they want to get rid of the old resource and yes they want to try and make events fairer for everyone going forward(well done for that) but excluding a lot of players from having the chance to gain tokens(other than buying gems) is a big gamble and a bad idea(hack off your players).

Also lifting limits on things was foolish, limits should always be in place for items otherwise your just creating an imbalance which will just get worse down the line hence why were now here.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by AgyM View Post
    If as some players claim that there is bad feeling towards this "Summer Special" and that most players will infact be excluded, then why not simply put the whole thing on hold and post a questionnaire asking us the players.

My own feeling towards the matter is that bb has not thought this entirely through, yes they want to get rid of the old resource and yes they want to try and make events fairer for everyone going forward(well done for that) but excluding a lot of players from having the chance to gain tokens(other than buying gems) is a big gamble and a bad idea(hack off your players).

Also lifting limits on things was foolish, limits should always be in place for items otherwise your just creating an imbalance which will just get worse down the line hence why were now here.
    Yes I think you are on to something here.
    This event special -has been announced very long time ago, but the announcement has not been very clear, and that makes people expect something else.
    I think you are right also that it has not been very well thought trough or planned for that matter.

The fact that they started out calling it an event has let us to believe that we would have an actual event, giving us something to do. I don't really have an opinion on limits on stuff- but if there is one they have to make clear what the limits are and do so not in the last minute.

For me it is more important that BB does make an effort to make the game worth playing even if you are an "old" player, that is more important to me than if it is 100% fair or not.

We have been looking forward to this event, and expected it to start around the 20th of June or even a week before that, because of the name they chose for the event/ special.

Button line is that their bad planning and lack of information had made us expect something we did not get, and that is the reason as I see it for the bad vibes.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    As I answered him first here in post #89 I don't see what gives you the right to jump in and accuse me for trolling...
    Well given that I was the very first person to come on these forums and start complaining about the term "Midsummer" and how the event was therefore late, from my perspective, I'd say you were the one who "jumped in" when fishslice posed the question:

Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    Can one of the complainers that keeps stating that the middle of summer is 21st June or similar please explain where this date comes from and also when Summer starts and ends?
    And, as a side note, if your post #89 doesn't constitute trolling, I don't know what does.

Have a nice day!

World
    Sandycove
    Any news as to which production chain (if any) is going to be ungradeable with grout this time (please be copper)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Squibbit1 View Post
    Any news as to which production chain (if any) is going to be ungradeable with grout this time (please be copper)
    There isn't one, as this isn't an event. its just a shop aimed at removing old resources from the game, And its quite well done in my opinion.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 24.06.15 at 11:46.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Several language versions use the word "Solstice" for the... erm... [thing that's happening]. It certainly appears, individual personal interpretations of "Midsummer" aside, there was a date in mind when it was named. If the release was pushed back because someone noticed a Fatal Flaw and time was needed to fix it that's no bad thing. Of course from out here there's no way to know if that's the case and it's more a wild hope than anything.

Much like the the "Advent" Calendar from Christmas a lot of drama, confusion and frustration could have been avoided if a little more attention had been paid to naming and words generally recognised to have specific meanings were avoided if they didn't, or might not, apply.

This is also the case with "Event". Our .com instance is one of few to have omitted "Event" from recent posts, a few language versions even refer, bafflingly, to the [thing that's happening] as "The Mother of Events." Omitting the word was a smart thing to do, unfortunately the correction came a little late and many people had already made the reasonable association with the standard Events of the past. While there's nothing to be done about extra info appearing in-game in the "Event Window" BB giving more thought both to cultural differences and expectation management in other areas could go a long way in making things less complicated.
    Last edited by Iolanthe; 24.06.15 at 14:37. Reason: rephrase

Reply to Thread