Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    +1 Mortallicus

My point of view is just in that direction as Mort said, with an addition, and this is solely my opinion and please correct me if i'm being wrong...
    So, TSO was meant to be a happy place if i'm not mistaken, not some Scrooge's pallace it's turning into.
    Why hoarders ("risk takers" if you prefer more) are having the chance to buy everything now ? Becouse those are mostly Scrooges that didn't care for anyone else but their own wellfare with all the past events, running into every next with already prepared stocks of event goodies and laughing to everyone else faces with posts how they bought everything on the first event day ! BB allowed that to happen in the first place...
    I personally know a whole lot of nice people who shared their event leftovers for lower levels that had no chance of winning something alone and to make a smile upon their faces, isn't exactly THAT the point and the spirit of all Settlers franchise ? abundance for everyone, more to those that struggle for more but under certain costs, but still smile on all faces, not just a few. Those that showed a helping hand are now walking out emptyhanded and it's exactly those that made that friendly environment we're so proud of, and kept people from leaving the game after a few weeks/months ! Sadly, we're sinking even deeper the wrong way, those scrooges that hoarded lots now wanting more becouse of all the possible items and even deciding the Trade Office prices actively with their trades, after all they have nothing to lose as they already have everything TSO offers, just a bunch of easy-to-get gold coins
    With a pretty dead community over all servers, and with such badly aimed "events" how do you BB guys think to continue getting people to stay and eventually buy the gems you offering every now and then ?
    Once again, I sincerely hope i missed the whole thing...

Urgh123 - I object pretty strongly to your post suggestion that most of the people that have lots of resources are 'Scrooges that didn't care for anyone else'. as per the underlined elements above.

I fall into the category you highlight because typically I have bought everything on the first day of every event (including the first ones) and whilst I am a hoarder I most certainly do care about other people and I help many other people to achieve their aims including having donated many thousands of event resources during each and every event to other players both inside and outside of a guild for free.

To explain
    My playing style was as a gem player very early on and in fact I bought the first 5 gem pits on the day they became available and the next 5 gem pits also on the day they became available. I used those gem pits to boost my island but I also sold gem items very cheaply (compared to TO Prices) to help friends that either wouldn't or couldn't pay for gems.
    The 5 gem pits gave me an income of 16.6k gems per month and so on the first day of every event I typically used gems to buy the event resources (presents, footballs etc) to buy everything I wanted.
    During the event I then generally helped others by giving away the event resources I obtained and occasionally for good friends I would gift them the event resource packs from the shop for free.
    After the first year and seeing that events got repeated, towards the latter part of most events I would start to retain event items (or buy them with coins post event) so that rather than spend gems the following year I would have the resources up front to buy all the items. The cycle of supporting others would then recommence.

I don't perceive the above to be non caring.

I would also add that whilst I am not currently in a guild, I have been an active guild player for most of my TSO days and during the last few years every guild I have been in has ensured that all active members receive the most significant event item(s) for no or little cost to their establishing economy. I am very proud of this fact and I can also state with confidence that as well as donating (probably in excess of 20k) event resources, I have personally donated well in excess of 500k granite and 500k coins as well as numerous high level building and even starter pack codes (at real world cost) to support the guilds I have been a member of during my time here.

Finally I am well aware that I am not unique in my approach and game style as I know at least one other person that has accumulated (with help from others) in excess of 60k tokens today alone, the majority from high level players that don't all have everything, or trading of personal resources, with the sole purpose and intent of ensuring that those less fortunate (or less willing to spend real money) are not disadvantaged by the inability to get items that would benefit their game progress.

So whilst there may be many that do fall into your criteria of not caring for others, there are also likely to be many that do care very strongly and support the community. It is also probable that not many that take the approach described above will sit there and shout to the masses that they are giving away free resources as they would be inundated with resellers and scammers.

We are all entitled to have an opinion and I am sure that many elements of what you have said are correct (for many people) but you unfairly tarnish the masses with your comment 'Becouse those are mostly Scrooges that didn't care for anyone else but their own wellfare with all the past events,'

I most certainly do not consider that myself or many others fall into your category of 'mostly' and therefore I have posted this as a response to your comment >>> 'please correct me if i'm being wrong...'

PS
    Also a little tongue in cheek but this post may also serve as a message to all those players in not so supportive a guild as to what they may be missing.
    And +1 Mortallicus especially in relation to people working harder to keep people entertained. This game is all about community spirit and I think there is loads of this around. The point made in Newfoundland G1 to new players about this being an interactive screensaver has never been more true.
    Last edited by fishslice; 30.06.15 at 22:54. Reason: Added PS

World
    Sandycove
    fishslice i'm sorry if my previous post in any way personally offended you, was not the intention in one's worst dreams believe me, & thumbs up for good work !
    Don't know why you became so frustrated over a thing you don't apparently belong to, although it is a pure fact your breed is very very rare nowadays.
    Being a daily active player i somehow noticed that good "spirit" of TSO we're mentioning is somehow slowly deteriorating, and i'm affraid we'll be seeing less and less of it with every future event, especially now with the upcoming, and well expected, scarcity of event resources... so obviously my earlier post was aimed to point in that direction. Sadly, BB has the tools and means to avoid such situations and such divisions among players like with this "event" but instead they decided to let this lowbie agony run for 3 full weeks !

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Thank you BB for a fine way to get rid of old event resources!
    Not sure why the masses are annoyed at players who hoarded/ bought old event resources. I've never been in a guild and have never required help. It makes sense to prepare for the next event, and most veteran players would of done this.

I think BB have handled this in the right way.

They've also given a chance for new players to earn extra limited items in events they weren't around for, but unfortunately it requires real money to get them.

Not sure about the community dying off as Ive given hundreds of free resources, adventures, lootspots to new players on my fr list to help them build and they have since left anyway regardless of events etc!

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    except balloons can't be converted to token....

what a shame....

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    Thank you BB for a fine way to get rid of old event resources!
    Not sure why the masses are annoyed at players who hoarded/ bought old event resources. I've never been in a guild and have never required help. It makes sense to prepare for the next event, and most veteran players would of done this.

I think BB have handled this in the right way.

They've also given a chance for new players to earn extra limited items in events they weren't around for, but unfortunately it requires real money to get them.

Not sure about the community dying off as Ive given hundreds of free resources, adventures, lootspots to new players on my fr list to help them build and they have since left anyway regardless of events etc!
    I totally understand the different opinions and many players do help others. But did you need 3 weeks to buy what you personally wanted? Someone mentioned earlier that a player bought 60K tokens in one day so could help others. So 1 week should be plenty of time i think.

Event items are rarer unless purchased with gems. You can give a new player huge amounts of resources but if they cannot get a vet in game or know when they will be able to they will leave rather than spend gems. The irony is that if they stay they are likely to invest in a few gems here and there but its their choice not a necessity.

I used to thoroughly enjoy playing without the fancy generals and the guides. I did grasp eagerly at the vet when he arrived but it took me a long time to accept guides. Even now some adventures i wont do with a guide (SOTV and SE). The game has changed though new players are not all as resource hungry as some think but they do want the generals to save losses. Some refuse to do certain adventures until they can get the Vet etc. I am now offering to do co-ops and other adventures with new players with me using tavern generals so we can truly play together. Race etc. Until now I was able to say 'dont worry you will be able to buy a Vet and MMA at Easter' can we still say that? So an event for a couple of weeks aimed at new players achieving at least a fast general would have been a really gr8 idea and kept their interest in the game for longer.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

Short Memories

I really don't get why people are so annoyed about this "special time span" that we were told was coming back at the end of February.

BlueByte changed their plans about how to handle leftover resources based on our feedback. We didn't like the fact that, had their original plans gone ahead, certain items such as the MMA would only have been available for old Eggs during Easter. Well... we got what we wanted... and now the folks with the old eggs are getting the chance to do something with them because that opportunity was taken away from them four months ago.

Yes, I had some presents left over from Xmas, so I have been able to convert some tokens, but I am still struggling to get the last few things I would like to buy like most of the rest of you, but I am not complaining because the original plan for these resources meant I would not have been able to get an MMA this year and that was changed for the better.

Did any of you folks who are complaining about having nothing to do during this "event", get an MMA with Stripy Eggs at Easter? If so, then you already have reaped the benefits of the decision that lead to what is happening now and you should be happy.

As for there being a long gap between Easter and Halloween. Without this shop there would be no event this year, as the usual schedule has only ever had a Summer Event when there was a World Cup or Euro Championships being contested, which is every two years.

Finally, as for it lasting three weeks, for many folks it is vacation season, and I imagine the three week period is probably to give anyone who might have a holiday planned about now plenty of opportunity to take advantage.

Would I have liked a proper event, or a Crisis Quest?... of course... but this 'shoptacular' was part of a solution to issues that were raised many months ago and I don't think much of this feedback is fair on either BlueByte or the players that thought, in good faith, that they were preparing for last Easter, or next Halloween/Xmas.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hey, what about Balloons? Why those are not convertible to tokens???

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by zOUfr View Post
    except balloons can't be converted to token....

what a shame....
    what a shame you save balloons instead to donate
    you don't want to help your server and support other player, what a shame.....
    you even don't know for what was balloons, what a shame.....
    BB don't understand their own game

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I was at all previous events and it was never promised or even mentioned by BB that the event currency would be carried over. We all knew it could change at any time. I didn't win or buy eggs in 'good faith' for future events only that i could definitely purchase stuff with them at that event

But some months ago BB did say there would be a Summer Event this year and football was mentioned . A lot of us were just patiently waiting Even this special night we did not know for sure there was not going to be something for the new players until it went live. BB have been known to make changes at the last minute despite what is shown on test. BB also know that many players do not come onto the forums and largely because many have not validated their email. The number I have asked to get this done over the last 3 years is huge.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 01.07.15 at 12:28.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I totally understand the different opinions and many players do help others. But did you need 3 weeks to buy what you personally wanted? Someone mentioned earlier that a player bought 60K tokens in one day so could help others. So 1 week should be plenty of time i think.

Event items are rarer unless purchased with gems. You can give a new player huge amounts of resources but if they cannot get a vet in game or know when they will be able to they will leave rather than spend gems. The irony is that if they stay they are likely to invest in a few gems here and there but its their choice not a necessity.
    3 weeks is for new player for collecting resources and get resources to buy tokens.
    over 10k gems player get when they reach level 50, more than enough for mma. also major general is not for gems.
    if new player play adventures they will get for free mma and major without gems, also they will have gems for some other gems stuff.

new player just complain and crying all time. they don't care, they don't want listen they just crying
    BB don't understand their own game

Reply to Thread