Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    1. The only summer event we have ever have is the football related events. Yes, we have had crisis quests/anniversary events but none that gave event resources to buy things from a shop for 'free'. We will continue to have full events in summer when a football event occurs i.e. World Cup/ Euro Cup. This is every two years and the next one is Euro 2016.

2. Older players have earned the resources they have by many days/months/years of dedicated gaming and/or buying gems. Why do new players think they should be given for free/cheap things that others have either worked hard for or paid for? Would you expect to play a game for a year and then find someone starting in week one gets everything that you worked for, for free?

3. This was never advertised to be anything other than an opportunity to use up old event resources which they made redundant with no notice.

4. If you want something in the game that you cannot afford with game resources then put your hand in your pocket like many others have. BB operates the game as a business, if nobody contributed to BB's funds the game would fold rapidly.
    Whys is this about what has been, and what old players was entitled to. Honestly I dont care. I am playing now and am using some eal money for gem, I just want to have fun now, I dont care what you or anyone else did in the game 5 - 4, 3.. years ago, this is not a history lesson.
    This is summer time - and people have a little extra time to play.

I dont see why anyone should have the right to use any old resource later on, when the event is over. I started playing around xmas- and collected a few event resources then and used it then, cant remember if I had anything left - and what if I did - that was then.
    The old dedicated players also got their weekly gems for logging on each day - we could also give them a medal ( being sarcastic). Or we could remember that this is a game we play for fun- it is not a duty, so we don't need reward for playing the game for many years.

I am sure that many old players would love to have some new actual game content in the form of new nice adventures and a fun summer event with stuff to do and could be nice for all no matter what history. I am pretty sure that a lot of them would even prefer this from this rather strange event/shop/special thing.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Lightbulb And there is still time to do this...

At the very least, if BB can give a handful of tokens in island collectibles, enough to buy 1 cheap building if collected every day, that would create a little interest for newer players and those without a stash of old stuff.

The idea of getting rid of all the old stuff would not change for those who have them.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Whys is this about what has been, and what old players was entitled to. Honestly I dont care. I am playing now and am using some eal money for gem, I just want to have fun now, I dont care what you or anyone else did in the game 5 - 4, 3.. years ago, this is not a history lesson.
    you don't care for old player why we should care for new players?
    show little respect

now you have chance to buy all items what you miss and you are unhappy
    BB don't understand their own game

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    you don't care for old player why we should care for new players?
    show little respect

now you have chance to buy all items what you miss and you are unhappy
    I fail to see the importance- and cant really understand all the fuss. They could make a sale and let players pay with what ever. No need to call it an event and pester rest of us with all the drama and adverts.

Sorry have played computer games for years and in at least one of them I am one of these old players. I dont regard new players there, as anything more or less than any other player. I never there or anywhere else expect to be treated like royalty, so don't see any reason to look at old players in this games like that. Come down from your high horses please, this is a computer game. We all play to have fun.

Cant see how making this sale for you "royalties " would prevent BB from making an actual event.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    the reality is, this sale is the event - so yes it prevented a true event for all to participate in the summer- even the old players or max gem players that will buy what they need from this event (seeing the buying takes all of 1 day max if you have a ton of stuff to convert and for most around 1 hour :P)

No other events are announced for summer or are pushed on test so it is safe to presume that Halloween will be the next event which is a disgrace from my perspective and a slap in the face of most of the TSO community

i can agree with the statement : Cant see how making this sale for you "royalties " would prevent BB from making an actual event

i can't see it either as the shop was ready to go at easter and plenty of time to revamp the football event into a womens world cup or whatever event or a summer balloon bonanza with the ballooons event template or even change the crisis event into a grexit event -

but no, 3 weeks of pointless shopping special is the event for summer

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I never there or anywhere else expect to be treated like royalty, so don't see any reason to look at old players in this games like that. Come down from your high horses please, this is a computer game.
    There is a difference between expecting to be treated like royalty and expecting to have your opinion treated with the same respect as anyone else. The opinions of players that have been here for many years are every bit as relevant as yours... No More... No Less!

When BlueByte announced their original plans for the Easter Event this year, players were up in arms that, amongst other things, the MMA was only going to be available for Spotty Eggs and that would be their only chance to get one in an event until next year. The complaints were listened to and because of the changes made to the Easter Event and the addition of this Midsummer Shop you now have the possibility to get two of them... and people are still complaining?

Yes, for many new players the only way to get tokens are gems or trading, but we have known this was coming for FOUR MONTHS... and they made no secret of the fact it was just was going to be a shopping spree, even before it appeared on test. That is plenty of time to plan and stockpile resources in preparation for the trading frenzy. If you didn't make those preparations and just expect stuff to be handed to you then that reeks of nothing but entitlement... and you have the nerve to tell others to come down off of their high horses!
    Last edited by Madorosu; 06.07.15 at 17:59.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    There is a difference between expecting to be treated like royalty and expecting to have your opinion treated with the same respect as anyone else. The opinions of players that have been here for many years are every bit as relevant as yours... No More... No Less!

When BlueByte announced their original plans for the Easter Event this year, players were up in arms that, amongst other things, the MMA was only going to be available for Spotty Eggs and that would be their only chance to get one in an event until next year. The complaints were listened to and because of the changes made to the Easter Event and the addition of this Midsummer Shop you now have the possibility to get two of them... and people are still complaining?

Yes, for many new players the only way to get tokens are gems or trading, but we have known this was coming for FOUR MONTHS... and they made no secret of the fact it was just was going to be a shopping spree, even before it appeared on test. That is plenty of time to plan and stockpile resources in preparation for the trading frenzy. If you didn't make those preparations and just expect stuff to be handed to you then that reeks of nothing but entitlement... and you have the nerve to tell others to come down off of their high horses!
    I have the same respect for someone who played this game for 5 years as someone who played a month or less - no more no less.

The reason I left the game I have been a loyal player in for many years was exactly what seems to be happening here too,- that the game was turned into a pixel shop where you could pay a lot of money for fancy stuff,- either just to collect or to make the game easier - more or less pay to win. That would not have been so bad if it was not for the total lack of new actual game content. I am pretty sure that no matter if you have played 6-7 month like me or 5 years, you would like to have new actual game content and not just the opportunity to get new pixelstuff, no matter what the stuff does for your game.

New items is not bad, but much more fun when it is somehow linked to actually playing. I dont care who has what and why, that is what made me chose this game. What other have, or does not have does not ruin my game.
    If I get the opportunity to get something from a shop, yes I might use it, but it is really so not important, this is not what this is about. I and others too are bored- we did all the adventure's, some a huge lot of times, we are thirsting for something new to happen - (not pvp related) and are flashed with this "non event" event instead of an actual event. For me it is not about getting stuff. Many would get gems to get some premium time and maybe buy some extra tokens, so cash would still flow into BB´s pockets.

The "non event" event / sale / special what ever - do not deserve to be flashed this way. It is just a shop- the same announcement as a happy hour for gems would have been more than enough. It makes people think there will be and hope for a real event.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I have the same respect for someone who played this game for 5 years as someone who played a month or less - no more no less.
    You have a funny way of showing that when you proclaim that you "dont care what you or anyone else did in the game 5 - 4, 3.. years ago" and dismiss the reasoning why this 'event' is needed by long term players as "a history lesson". Using such language will not open minds to your message.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    the reality is, this sale is the event - so yes it prevented a true event for all to participate in the summer- even the old players or max gem players that will buy what they need from this event (seeing the buying takes all of 1 day max if you have a ton of stuff to convert and for most around 1 hour :P)

No other events are announced for summer or are pushed on test so it is safe to presume that Halloween will be the next event which is a disgrace from my perspective and a slap in the face of most of the TSO community
    You have a join date of Nov 2011, did you stop playing for a long while in-between? There is only a summer event once every two years. The next summer event is next year, Euro 2016. Therefore, you have not missed out on a summer event by having this 'pointless shopping special'.

It was not pointless, its point is exactly what it was first promised to achieve: "to get rid of old event items".

If you're going to complain about things in the forum, at least understand what it is you're complaining about.

you would like to have new actual game content and not just the opportunity to get new pixelstuff, no matter what the stuff does for your game.
    But there is new content being added regularly, PVP levels and rankings just in the last week as an example. You might not like PVP but there's new content already being sneak peaked in the news for non-PVP content. I'm not sure what you're getting at with this?

This is summer time - and people have a little extra time to play.
    Why is this about older players? Because, the whole thing was designed to purge old event items, that was all. BB removed the ability to carry forward event items without warning. Therefore it had to offer the chance to use them up fairly. You seem to think somehow that this is warrant for complaint that you can't get them for free? Conversely to your opinion, this event was never about newer players, nor was it ever about them getting free stuff from events that happened before they started playing.

I dont see why anyone should have the right to use any old resource later on, when the event is over. I started playing around xmas- and collected a few event resources then and used it then, cant remember if I had anything left - and what if I did - that was then.
    It is irrelevant if you did or did not have any event items left over from the Christmas event, others did and they have always carried forward until BB changed it without warning. This is a one off fair re-dress of that issue.

The old dedicated players also got their weekly gems for logging on each day - we could also give them a medal ( being sarcastic). Or we could remember that this is a game we play for fun- it is not a duty, so we don't need reward for playing the game for many years.
    If you think all should be equal and things should be given for free to new starters so everybody has the same then where is the challenge/balance to the game? Perhaps BB could just give us everything to everyone for free on signup, then after a month we could all quit and BB could fold the game for lack of funds..

I am sure that many old players would love to have some new actual game content in the form of new nice adventures and a fun summer event with stuff to do and could be nice for all no matter what history. I am pretty sure that a lot of them would even prefer this from this rather strange event/shop/special thing.
    Show me a player that does not like new content? The point is, this was never a full event, it was never advertised as a full event, it has not replaced a full event. So, yes, it would be nice for everyone to get stuff for free, but this is a business. BB is not obligated to offer you premium items for free just because you are new or because you somehow think you're entitled to it. The game costs money to run so if you want something that badly perhaps you should have invested in some gems during the happy hour like many others will have done. If things were easy to obtain then gems would be worthless and the game would be untenable for BB. It's just the simple mechanics of online games. This game is actually a pretty good example of where you don't need to pay real money if you don't want to, I know many level 50s who haven't. You might have less than someone who does gem buy but it's not critical. You make your choice, live with it.
    Last edited by Baggis; 07.07.15 at 01:05.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Must say LOL to some comments. Why should a new player dont get a chance to collect items for an event many of you older players already bought when event was? Don´t understand that. Yeah some people have played for years let them have coins instead of more nice buildings/generals and so on instead.

Event should be for all no matter how long you have played. I dont like this at all. People with thousands of event items can be super rich in game by coins or get even better amount of buildings and generals they already bought when event was.

So my point was let new players have a chance to get an MMA or a building older players who have played active dont need it for sure. If you got 2-3 MMA already are you happier to get a 4th MMA? or are you more pleased to let a new player get his/her first MMA and have fun in game?

Im not greedy at all but some fair should it be. If people already done event they are done. That is my point. Or if you wanna have this event give all a fair chance to get some items? Or should we who didnt play for years just gonna sit quiet?

Reply to Thread