Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post

now you have chance to buy all items what you miss and you are unhappy
    +1

It is always the same. People are complaining about what they can't do, instead of thinking what they can do.

I can't argue that it is not easy for the "new" players, but this so called "event" was made to get the old resources out of the game, because BB decided that there will be unique resource for every event in the future(good idea i think) . Now there is a big choice in this "event" shop, and even if you are new player there was information about this "shopping weeks" provided long time ago - it was known that we will have to use only old resources.Even if i'm here long time i didn't had many old resources - same like most of the "new" players. But as i missed some of the old events i start to buy resources from TO and friends (months ago), and now i was able to buy what i want .
    So at least for me it was nice opportunity to get some items that i missed, so thank you BB .
    Only thing that i don't like is the conversion time - i think it is VERY short.
    I saw comments that the "event" is too long - well for me is too long too, but for those who will buy tokens/shop items until the last day, maybe it's too short.
    Also after the "shopping spree" was launched i haven't met any event connected lag,issues or glitches and that was a nice surprise
    Last edited by Bfreak; 07.07.15 at 16:57.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RokiG View Post
    People with thousands of event items can be super rich in game by coins or get even better amount of buildings and generals they already bought when event was.

So my point was let new players have a chance to get an MMA or a building older players who have played active dont need it for sure. If you got 2-3 MMA already are you happier to get a 4th MMA? or are you more pleased to let a new player get his/her first MMA and have fun in game?
    Nope, I'm not happier with my 4th MoMA, but I feel a little bit less miserable..
    Seriously, I had to spend gems to get my 4th MoMA (Actually, the only free MoMA I've had was the 3rd during last Easter event.) and so have all guildies I know.
    You see, as many already has pointed out, for newer players being in a guild means it becomes a lot easier to get event stuff as older players will most likely donate the surplus of event resources to those in need.
    Of course there are rich loners, but please don't expect all older players to be enough wealthy to get their 4th MoMA for free.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Must say LOL to some comments. Why should a new player dont get a chance to collect items for an event many of you older players already bought when event was? Don´t understand that. Yeah some people have played for years let them have coins instead of more nice buildings/generals and so on instead.
    You're missing the point, this event was never about new players. 'Older' players who have the old event resources earned those over at least 4 months of event gameplay plus the 8 months in between. Do you propose to make this event last 4 months so that you could go back in time to complete all the quest chains/explorer searches/adventure loots etc that 'older' players had to do to get the resources not to mention gems spent? Or, do you expect BB to give you something trivial to do to get them easily in two weeks? BB has given you a second chance to catch up in the game by buying old event limited items, something never done before and yet you expect more. You expect them for free.. Newer players get all the buildings and items and older players get just coins??

Event should be for all no matter how long you have played. I dont like this at all. People with thousands of event items can be super rich in game by coins or get even better amount of buildings and generals they already bought when event was.
    This event is open to everyone, you just don't get everything given for free.
    So my point was let new players have a chance to get an MMA or a building older players who have played active dont need it for sure. If you got 2-3 MMA already are you happier to get a 4th MMA? or are you more pleased to let a new player get his/her first MMA and have fun in game?
    Who are you to say what older players don't need? I bought my 4th MMA having to top up with gems and then spent gems I paid for with real money to help guild mates showing the right attitude get theirs.

Im not greedy at all but some fair should it be. If people already done event they are done. That is my point. Or if you wanna have this event give all a fair chance to get some items? Or should we who didnt play for years just gonna sit quiet?
    You should concentrate on getting tokens from trade and buy gems like others had to in the past to get what they want, or, yes keep quiet.
    Last edited by Baggis; 07.07.15 at 14:19.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    To all those players that are relatively new and want it all then I suggest they go open their wallet, extract credit card and hand it over to BB.
    Many of the players that had everything from previous events and then have been able to get their 4th MoMA probably spend real money at most events.
    So given there are 3-4 events per year and a reasonable spend may be £25 per event and 3.5 years of available gameplay I would suggest a reasonable payment of £300 to BB would be about right. That will definitely get you everything available in the shop that the older players have got and yet you haven't had to invest any real effort.

Of course you could take any of the other options available in this thread or find a different game that panders to your whims!!!!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    the reality is, this sale is the event - so yes it prevented a true event for all to participate in the summer- even the old players or max gem players that will buy what they need from this event (seeing the buying takes all of 1 day max if you have a ton of stuff to convert and for most around 1 hour :P)
    Here is a date for you to add to your diary, Dec 2012. We had 2 events running at the same time. So could you please explain where you got the idea that the current shoptacular or something similar prevents a event from running at the same time.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Must say LOL to some comments. Why should a new player dont get a chance to collect items for an event many of you older players already bought when event was? Don´t understand that. Yeah some people have played for years let them have coins instead of more nice buildings/generals and so on instead.

Event should be for all no matter how long you have played. I dont like this at all. People with thousands of event items can be super rich in game by coins or get even better amount of buildings and generals they already bought when event was.

Im not greedy at all but some fair should it be. If people already done event they are done. That is my point. Or if you wanna have this event give all a fair chance to get some items? Or should we who didnt play for years just gonna sit quiet?
    Yes I'm happy I got a 4th MMA, I'm sure the 5 people I gave free MMA's are also happy, new players have the opportunity to get a MMA for cash if they so chose. So what's the problem ? Also just so you understand this is not an event.

Just for reference the last Christmas event was the first time I'd managed to put any sizeable amount of event resources aside for the following year, proved to be lucky but why should the resources I invested in presents be worthless ? I took the gamble and in a way it paid off spectacularly for the Guild. BB probably made a mistake carrying over event resources from 1 year to the next but it's been rectified now.

But it changes nothing the big traders will still move loads of presents or whatever during events, just converting them to something else near the end of events.
    They will rinse and repeat this all through the year, did it occur to you this is probably one of the last pleasures they get from the game ? For me events are about making as much as possible then giving most of it away.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    This event is to get rid of old event currency that players gained at each event not actually knowing if they would be of any use at all for the next. I cannot find anywhere that BB said keep the currency because you will find it useful next event. EXCEPT for footballs where they clearly said they would be used at a future event.

For reasons I explained earlier in this thread there was no need at all for this 'Special' but if it was going to happen it should encompass all players new and old.

This knocking of new players having their say because they see something going on for 3 weeks that they are excluded from unless they spend real money or get help from others is very wrong. Of course the players with islands full of fancy stuff and maybe 26 generals cause wonderment and questions of 'but why is there a need' . Often its those same wealthy players that say to newer players ' its a waste of resources doing most of the adventures now without a Vet or an MMA'.

Even before it came live there were plenty of suggestions as so how to make it a 'special' for all players not just a few and to those that say we knew for sure how it was going to be for months this is really not true. BB CAN make changes right up to the last minute and adding a few loot drops with tokens from adventures I am sure is not rocket science for the programmers a bit of a tweak that is all. Then all could have bought something from the shops and feel a part.

We need older players to have a reason to stay, something to strive for , not just more and more of the same and we need new players to see new carrots being dangled to keep their interest and keep them in the game. This special does nothing but give more to those that have more. There is now a huge gap between players with a few tavern explorers to those that have 3 Luckys and 15 savage scouts. The change of event currency at each future event is I believe to stop the gap getting wider but this special has widened it still further and never again will new players have the opportunities that we have had.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    This event is to get rid of old event currency that players gained at each event not actually knowing if they would be of any use at all for the next. I cannot find anywhere that BB said keep the currency because you will find it useful next event. EXCEPT for footballs where they clearly said they would be used at a future event.

For reasons I explained earlier in this thread there was no need at all for this 'Special' but if it was going to happen it should encompass all players new and old.

This knocking of new players having their say because they see something going on for 3 weeks that they are excluded from unless they spend real money or get help from others is very wrong. Of course the players with islands full of fancy stuff and maybe 26 generals cause wonderment and questions of 'but why is there a need' . Often its those same wealthy players that say to newer players ' its a waste of resources doing most of the adventures now without a Vet or an MMA'.

Even before it came live there were plenty of suggestions as so how to make it a 'special' for all players not just a few and to those that say we knew for sure how it was going to be for months this is really not true. BB CAN make changes right up to the last minute and adding a few loot drops with tokens from adventures I am sure is not rocket science for the programmers a bit of a tweak that is all. Then all could have bought something from the shops and feel a part.

We need older players to have a reason to stay, something to strive for , not just more and more of the same and we need new players to see new carrots being dangled to keep their interest and keep them in the game. This special does nothing but give more to those that have more. There is now a huge gap between players with a few tavern explorers to those that have 3 Luckys and 15 savage scouts. The change of event currency at each future event is I believe to stop the gap getting wider but this special has widened it still further and never again will new players have the opportunities that we have had.
    I can agree with some of what your saying, I still think we're dealing with separate issues here, because of the way things have fallen like anniversaries and such the player base has been used to very frequent events, as pointed out somewhere in the thread summer event (football) is usually 2 yearly. The big gap this year is dull and suggestions have been made in other threads to combat the boredom. It might of been nice if the entire population had been included but they haven't.

The second part of the issue levelling the field in future events, this is probably never going to be possible even with the changes that have already taken place,I'll take a wild guess and say when Settlers was designed no one envisaged people hanging round for 3-4 years, because people have that creates a monster. People who have huge asset reserves (star menu) and capability to accumulate massive amounts of event resources either through explorers or doing adventures.

Another thing that's killing the game for new players is the economy gem based items are changing hands for silly amounts, Granite isn't really freely available to new players (Island of Pirates being taken from merchant) so the FTP model is becoming increasingly harder to pull off.

But having played a few different FTP games recently BB is still one of the most generous games as far as free stuff goes and we all need to remember if no one buys gems the game will just fold.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Well have said my point of wiew of this. And if you older players love to get more and doesnt see the issue with this event, (It is event BB call it for event too if you look on movie when they talked about it.) Its okey I dont blame you older player earn thousands of items. I think its wrong of BB and yeah i have bought gems/some tokens on TO but still its not right. Thats what i think.

And events should be for all not for some players, Yeah Iknow it have costed you hours of playing/gems to get all event items. I dont want anything for free. But look at event item prices on merchant, How can new players afford good items without spending alot of real money to get gems. And to be honest I dont like the event at all. Many with me thinks its wrong. And event you have done and items you bought when event was is done. Ofc you should be able to get something for it. But same items you already have is that fair?

Would be much better if you could choose other items you really need or new and dont call it for event as BB have.

And no I dont blame older players, I think BB have done this wrong. And I will always say when I think something. Otherwise it same as im happy with all.
    Last edited by RokiG; 08.07.15 at 04:38.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    People who have huge asset reserves (star menu) and capability to accumulate massive amounts of event resources either through explorers or doing adventures.

This one area is probably the biggest game changer since when the game was first released. In the early days you couldn't accumulate more resources than your storage cap allowed and if you tried to buy stuff that exceeded your storage the excess was lost.

Since the ability to use the star menu as virtual storage was introduced people have been able to stockpile far more resources than they will ever use. In the early days if you was nearing your storage cap the emphasis was on selling your excess or giving it away to friends.

In effect the game now allows and encourages people to stockpile huge amounts of resources and then at event times they are comfortable selling off this stuff they will never use for event items. If they hadn't been able to stockpile then they would be more frugal with the amounts they would be prepared to pay. This is even more relevant to the player that used to be a hard core adventure player who got lots of granite / coin and was able to create a high yield economy and now is a casual player who no longer uses those resources and sees them accumulate to excessive amounts and therefore uses the star menu to gather them up to sell at events or used the periods between events to buy up excess event items.

BB has done a good thing by no longer allowing event items to be re-used across multiple events but maybe they should also get rid of the ability to use star menu as storage - that would help inject life back into the game.

Reply to Thread