Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I really enjoy this game but the Events are so important for everyone. Many players only return to take part in them.

I want to be so positive but I cannot find the words any more and I am sure I am not the only one. So little care is taken over producing these things - we are told not to call it an Event its now a Special. Okay so what and why is that 'Event' wording on the home page and again when we enter the game on the very day it starts? Why pander to the older players with a 3 week shopping spree, why is that necessary? One week would have been enough and left time for a proper event to follow - everyone would have been happy. Maybe get rid of those soccer buffs which they said they were planning an event for this Summer but did they suddenly realise its Rugby this year

Its falling more and more upon the Guilds to work harder and harder to keep players in the game.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    can we have a real event before halloween?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I really enjoy this game but the Events are so important for everyone. Many players only return to take part in them.

I want to be so positive but I cannot find the words any more and I am sure I am not the only one. So little care is taken over producing these things - we are told not to call it an Event its now a Special. Okay so what and why is that 'Event' wording on the home page and again when we enter the game on the very day it starts? Why pander to the older players with a 3 week shopping spree, why is that necessary? One week would have been enough and left time for a proper event to follow - everyone would have been happy. Maybe get rid of those soccer buffs which they said they were planning an event for this Summer but did they suddenly realise its Rugby this year

Its falling more and more upon the Guilds to work harder and harder to keep players in the game.
    I have to agree with this. Can we have a real event soon?

World
    Northisle
    I can only aggre with Mortallicus.

This socalled is totally useless. Old players and hoarders can get anything they want....and new players cant get anything...so a totally unfair "event"
    I realy Think Mortallicus idea is good. With 1 week for this "Shopping" and then 2 weeks for a proper event WHO ALL can join in on and gain something from.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove

Yes. Long time players are *bored*, do other things, not around to help the newer players and those go inactive faster than they already did

World
    Northisle

EXACTLY. NOTHING MORE TO SAY...
    Amen.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 Mortallicus

My point of view is just in that direction as Mort said, with an addition, and this is solely my opinion and please correct me if i'm being wrong...
    So, TSO was meant to be a happy place if i'm not mistaken, not some Scrooge's pallace it's turning into.
    Why hoarders ("risk takers" if you prefer more) are having the chance to buy everything now ? Becouse those are mostly Scrooges that didn't care for anyone else but their own wellfare with all the past events, running into every next with already prepared stocks of event goodies and laughing to everyone else faces with posts how they bought everything on the first event day ! BB allowed that to happen in the first place...
    I personally know a whole lot of nice people who shared their event leftovers for lower levels that had no chance of winning something alone and to make a smile upon their faces, isn't exactly THAT the point and the spirit of all Settlers franchise ? abundance for everyone, more to those that struggle for more but under certain costs, but still smile on all faces, not just a few. Those that showed a helping hand are now walking out emptyhanded and it's exactly those that made that friendly environment we're so proud of, and kept people from leaving the game after a few weeks/months ! Sadly, we're sinking even deeper the wrong way, those scrooges that hoarded lots now wanting more becouse of all the possible items and even deciding the Trade Office prices actively with their trades, after all they have nothing to lose as they already have everything TSO offers, just a bunch of easy-to-get gold coins
    With a pretty dead community over all servers, and with such badly aimed "events" how do you BB guys think to continue getting people to stay and eventually buy the gems you offering every now and then ?
    Once again, I sincerely hope i missed the whole thing...

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    +1 well said

World
    Sandycove
    I think the Midsummer Night Special was implemented well (e.g. no problems I've found) and I was happy to pick up what I was able to with some old event collectibles. It would be nice if there was another source of tokens, but at least I got to turn some things basically worth nothing into something I could use.

That being said, a real summer "event" would be great.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread