Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

World
    Newfoundland
    I just worked out that if a player wanted just all the available buildings/scouts/generals available in this event, they could purchase them all for 21955 gems. If BB have a 100% free gem sale, it would work out around £35 give or take a few pence. (if I did my sums right)
    I crunched the numbers when the test server had the summer thing going and it worked out more like 33k....i think i know it was more than 20k.

Now if you say presents will go for 100gc each...and how much that will cost to make in coin/ how many refills you will need...it would clear out most players coin stash.

In short it would be cheaper to buy them with gems than to use those gems to make coin.

...but you can get all the stuff from coin in game so idk what my point was.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 22.06.15 at 02:55.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Balloons were never a real event resource so they can't be converted to tokes. At test server the event window said balloons will be auto-converted to coins in the end.
    thx Carl Gustav Emil

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    I crunched the numbers when the test server had the summer thing going and it worked out more like 33k....i think i know it was more than 20k.

Now if you say presents will go for 100gc each...and how much that will cost to make in coin/ how many refills you will need...it would clear out most players coin stash.

In short it would be cheaper to buy them with gems than to use those gems to make coin.

...but you can get all the stuff from coin in game so idk what my point was.
    oops yes I read 300 tokens in a pack I think... There are actually 150 for 300 gems..
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 22.06.15 at 06:06.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I'm wondering if I also can trade the silly toys used to stop settlers from whining at X-mas event, I think it was? And left over kicks from Football event..

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastynono View Post
    I'm wondering if I also can trade the silly toys used to stop settlers from whining at X-mas event, I think it was? And left over kicks from Football event..
    the toys can be placed on the mayors house for a refund of the resources used
    the football buffs can be deleted, or kept for possible future football events (euro 2016)

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    the toys can be placed on the mayors house for a refund of the resources used
    the football buffs can be deleted, or kept for possible future football events (euro 2016)
    Done!! Thanks!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    the grim is a rip off its costing 2 630 gems more then a battleharden general ok to get enouch tokens buying with gems the grim would work out as 1880 gems where a battle harden general is only 1250 gems and there both the same just diffrent costume

World
    Newfoundland
    The Appendix has been edited to reflect the updated conversion rate information: Everything will be rounded up!

Flesh Eating Mushroom Keen Commentor SwampHen's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I think calling it an event is bad marketing for what is essentially a limited time offer. We expect events to have quest chains, collectible resources, adventures, and if you play hard, you can get some great goodies.

I think if I sell everything in my stores for tokens on TO, I'll be able to get the MMA and a Lucky Explorer.

About a month after I first joined, there was a Crisis Quest, I think it was called Four Winds. It was a lot of fun and I got a few noble residences out of it, which was fantastic at that stage of my playing. I would love to see another Crisis Quest happen. It made for an exciting couple of weeks in the game.
    Deathcap - The Flesh-Eating Mushroom from the Create-An-Enemy Contest 2013

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SwampHen View Post
    I think calling it an event is bad marketing for what is essentially a limited time offer.
    Look at the Dev Diary again... as well as the title of this feedback thread.

IIRC, the only time they ever referred to this as an "event" was when they first mentioned the idea to us back at Easter. Since exact details have emerged, they seem to have been very careful about using the word "special" instead of the word "event". I think it is safe to assume this is because of the lack of "quest chains, collectible resources, adventures..." and so forth.

Reply to Thread