How many grout does 95 tokens buy?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    How many grout does 95 tokens buy?

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    We all got chance be prepared for this event, It was on test server 2 months ago. Anyone could collect event goods or prepare for comming trade season.

There was enough time !

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think BB have been very fair to everyone on this.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I think letting expls or adventures drop some tokens wont be ruining the event afterall, the leftover tokens will be converted to gc after the event.
    BB will achieve their goal to get rid all older events items

BB should let new players to enjoy the event, or else ppl playing just after easter event will have to sit and watch or if they are lucky snatch some events item on market with lots of gc. waiting another 3 months for another event will be too much time to wait

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizarvexious View Post
    What about old buffs? I still have a shed load left over from the Football event last year. Can't do anything with them.

not forgetting the balloons some of us still have!!!

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PakRaden View Post
    I think letting expls or adventures drop some tokens wont be ruining the event afterall, the leftover tokens will be converted to gc after the event.
    BB will achieve their goal to get rid all older events items

BB should let new players to enjoy the event, or else ppl playing just after easter event will have to sit and watch or if they are lucky snatch some events item on market with lots of gc. waiting another 3 months for another event will be too much time to wait
    I agree with this.

This 'special' is excluding a major number of players who can only sit on the sidelines. This does absolutely nothing to 'balance' the game. Longer term players with huge stocks knew they were taking a gamble every year.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by TZARLAZAR View Post
    We all got chance be prepared for this event, It was on test server 2 months ago. Anyone could collect event goods or prepare for comming trade season.

There was enough time !
    nonsense

there is a limited pool of old event resources

this pool is actively being fished in by people with plenty of spare goods/resources - all old players - who gamble on the items to get to be worth something

the box standard player leveling up can not ever compete with these to gather the needed few 1000 old resources to actually put em to good use

So even if they wanted to prepare- a non lvl 50 needing resources etc to level up will in general have no hope in hell - bar the professional trader types who have the resources to buy em.

So it is still hardly anyone that can prepare- just the old skool players that can afford to pay 3-1-0x the relative worth of the items without blinking already the token market seems to be around the 100 coin per token- for the limited amount of resources on offer and it will just get worse

How can this be an event and promoted as the midsummer event when 90% of the gamers will be effectively excluded from the event

The worse decision of the lot was to not lock all old limits in- meaning some limited goods are now once again available extra for the people that can mange to get their hands on the resources but excluding 90% of server to be able to get em through the event except by gems

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualan View Post
    The worse decision of the lot was to not lock all old limits in- meaning some limited goods are now once again available extra for the people that can mange to get their hands on the resources but excluding 90% of server to be able to get em through the event except by gems
    Indeed.

The old limits being locked in was precisely what I was expecting and was fully prepared to be using a large amount of my excess resources to be helping out others and/or trading. With this set up, the markets are now going to be dominated by the well off players (whether long term and/or gem buyers) who will be looking to get their hands on the extra MMA, Floating Residences, Recyclers and so forth... I know that's what I have my eyes on now, anyway.

For me though, by far the most disappointing aspect of this whole "event" is the fact that Midsummer's Eve is today... and we're still over a week before the event starts. With that sort of timetabling decision, I expect we'll have Halloween starting in November, Christmas starting in January and Easter starting around this time next year.

It is my understanding that Midsummer is the second most celebrated holiday in Scandinavia and, the last time I looked, I had an awful lot of Danish and Swedish players in my friend list. It is also a highly significant date in the calendar of more than one religion... I can only assume because none of those religions are particularly mainstream that the Devs couldn't care less.

They should rename this "event", instead calling it 'The Summer Cash Mob'... as that would be an infinitely more accurate description.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 20.06.15 at 09:05.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am a little confused on the conversion, it mentions fractions so are we to assume you can convert eg 3 footballs
    At the rate of 10:4 it would give 1.2 Tokens, rounded down to 1

OR, are the exchanges fixed, so you have to have 10 footballs, which will give 4 tokens?
    If so why are they set as currently
    Pumpkin 10:6 could be 5:3
    Egg 4:6 could be 2:3
    Present 2:3 is lowest already
    Football 10:4 could be 5:3
    Seems wierd that the exchanges are set as they are, inconsistent in that presents is set at the lowest sensible point, other 3 are not

Reply to Thread