Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    I totally understand the different opinions and many players do help others. But did you need 3 weeks to buy what you personally wanted? Someone mentioned earlier that a player bought 60K tokens in one day so could help others. So 1 week should be plenty of time i think.
    You are forgetting that were are in middle of summer holiday/vacation season and in edge cases even 3 weeks is not enough. A lot of people are offline for longer periods and releasing the event date so late makes it possible that someone missed the announcement.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I was at all previous events and it was never promised or even mentioned by BB that the event currency would be carried over. We all knew it could change at any time. I didn't win or buy eggs in 'good faith' for future events only that i could definitely purchase stuff with them at that event
    Maybe you didn't, but plenty others did. And yes, BB never promised that resources would carry over, but that is how it worked for years and that carries a certain expectation. Regardless, BlueByte announced that this 'shop' was going to happen months ago and most, if not all, seemed happy with that solution at the time. Now it's actually happening, it seems like it's suddenly not good enough because it's not a 'proper' event. Without the change of plans there would be no event at all happening right now. I appreciate that some people feel there should be a Summer Event every year and, as I previously said, I am not opposed to that idea in the slightest. However, that is a separate issue to the nature of this "event".

But some months ago BB did say there would be a Summer Event this year and football was mentioned .
    I keep a close eye on the forums and the only mention of "football" I can recall in relation to this event was to do with the shop and the football resources, so I am somewhat curious where you got that idea from?

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urgh123 View Post
    fishslice i'm sorry if my previous post in any way personally offended you, was not the intention in one's worst dreams believe me, & thumbs up for good work !

Thank you

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I am concerned that BB now have a further problem looming soon, what do you buy the person who has everything? The divide is now huge between the have and have not.

If they had given a part of this 3 weeks to help new players everyone would have been dealt with fairly. Then a truly clean start from the next Event whenever that is going to be. I know many feel this is a justified 'event' just for them but why do they have to own it all and not let others dip in a bit. I just do not get it. I am sorry but those people do not have to wait up to 10 months for their first Vet or MMA. I know we possibly did but you know from real life that does not appease others.

i realised BB were trying to ensure players who were on holiday maybe time to make the most of this event. That's really good of them and gives them goodwill from some players. But its at the same time frustrating other players, probably more, who want the trade office back to relative normal , who cannot afford to buy tokens, and who are starting to worry whether they will ever have it so good. We have nothing to say to them no hope to give. Maybe it would be a good idea for BB to give a Developer's hint on what is to come now

Also just how many Generals are we going to be allowed to have. I don't want another MMA if it means in October i cannot get The Witch General, who only holds 200 but flies to Adventures and canters when on attack (yes i just made that up but apologise if i stole it). I am getting short of landing zones too. I know they go in the star but that is getting annoyingly full.

Just so simple to keep everyone reasonably happy. A little bit of thought and a couple of rather large ears

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    This game has always been about collaboration instead of confrontation. I'm with Mortallicus here, why wasn't this event about experienced players helping to get newcomers to their first ninja?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Must say the tought of the event is good. But to be honest this sucks. Why? Only rich/old players in game can benefit from this. As a pretty new player its almost impossible to get nice items who will make the game more fun. So my question is how can we for example get a MMA or nice buildings without spending a fortune on gems?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just to sum up

There is no problem what so ever for me to make a "garage sale" of old event resources. I really dont care if someone have a lot more than I do - it does not affect my game.
    That said,- I don't understand why BB needs to make such a show out of it. Starting to advertise it a very long time ago as the Midsummer night event.

The lack of detail and the name, made a lot of us conclude what this was about.
    Making us think:
    • that is was going to be around 14 th of June.
    • That it was an actual event. So we expected to be able to collect tokens (or what ever it is called) at adventures and other activities, and that we might be getting some nice new adventures.

BB tried to cover their mess, by telling us that it had never been intended to be an actual event, but a special, though they kept calling it an event anyway - every day we log in now we are told that the midsummer night event have started

Conclusion for me is that the can have as many sales, specials or what ever they wish to call it, [B]but please hold it, with the massive advertising, of almost nothing many month before, the almost nothing is starting,- this time even a Video that reports from backstage how they made this wonderful event ( being sarcastic).

Give more details from start about what it is you are about to do and when, that way you will get a lot less disappointed players.

World
    Newfoundland
    The 'event' was on the test server from the 6th May, so 2 months ago. The information was there, on the forum and wiki, with exactly what was coming. And people are still surprised?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit_ View Post
    The 'event' was on the test server from the 6th May, so 2 months ago. The information was there, on the forum and wiki, with exactly what was coming. And people are still surprised?
    By 6th of may "people" had already been expecting an actual summer event for a long time. I don't know how many are playing on test server too,- I did not know we had to, to get information .
    It is hard for me to see why they cant just give proper information in good time instead of this giving out little bits and pieces to blow very small things out of proportion. Like as they were about to reveal a very nice surprise,- that turns out to be not that big a deal.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I am still not convinced that 3 weeks is necessary but take on board for some it might be needed.

My main point is this is a game for EVERYONE we all join to take part, all ages from 7, and all levels play together. All 'Events' for whatever reason raised should be tweaked to have an element that includes all players. These shops do create an even playing field in future for event currency but not for the 'owning' of the best event items to-date the generals , which all guides are written for and all players see them and hear about them every day. So newer players see and hear about them constantly and yet without gems cannot get them. Not everyone wants to accept help however nicely given.

I am disappearing off this thread now but lastly I would mention that I have seen that Footballs WERE the only currency that BB mentioned would be carried over to future events. So I think the not saying this on the other items further enhances my point that players and I took a gamble on holding onto any.

Reply to Thread