Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Midsummer Night Special

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jebj1977 View Post
    This event is only to get rid of the old event resources, not to "balance the game" Im even surprised that tokens can be bought for gems.
    The coming events will balance the game, as everyone starts with 0 resources.
    It is up to each older and "richer" players if they wanna help new players in their guild, not BB..

I took a gamble in easter event by swapping lots of stripy eggs to old resources, and has been selling a lot of stuff for event resources.
    I have enough old resources to get everything. Only because i thought ahead, which was possible for all players, as BB announced this event in easter "dev diary".

I dont understand players moaning about this event not helping new players. it wasnt meant to help anyone, only to get rid of old resources..

The adventures are still the same and can easily be done without MMA, and old guide still exists in forum. I was a new player in Easter event 2012, and couldnt afford a veteran general, meaning it is possible to play this game with only a BHG and tavern generals....
    This. So much this.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    glad to see 1 more mma ))

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by jebj1977 View Post
    This event is only to get rid of the old event resources, not to "balance the game" Im even surprised that tokens can be bought for gems.
    The coming events will balance the game, as everyone starts with 0 resources.
    It is up to each older and "richer" players if they wanna help new players in their guild, not BB..

I took a gamble in easter event by swapping lots of stripy eggs to old resources, and has been selling a lot of stuff for event resources.
    I have enough old resources to get everything. Only because i thought ahead, which was possible for all players, as BB announced this event in easter "dev diary".

I dont understand players moaning about this event not helping new players. it wasnt meant to help anyone, only to get rid of old resources..

The adventures are still the same and can easily be done without MMA, and old guide still exists in forum. I was a new player in Easter event 2012, and couldnt afford a veteran general, meaning it is possible to play this game with only a BHG and tavern generals....
    Why have an event to get rid of the old currency i have never played any other game where such a thing has happened . Old , redundant event currency is just that. We took a gamble and lost if they are now useless and of course they should be useless like the balloons New events starting at 0 for everyone will be fairer and should have started 2 years plus ago . We were extremely lucky to gain for a couple of years because BB made an error and be satisfied with that. You say this is just to get rid of old resources - I totally disagree - just taking them during maintenance after Christmas and giving everyone 1 gc for each is JUST getting rid of. This is to sell more gems. Otherwise tokens would have appeared for players to collect.

So the point is this special night was not necessary at all. Only a small percentage would have shrieked if after christmas they had been told they were going to get 1 gc per old item of currency. Now of course more of those with these resources would shriek if it was cancelled so the problem has been compounded. To have a Special 3 Week Night that excludes a huge number of players is never ever going to be fair. The Settlers hallways are quieter now than I have known them, is this really going to improve morale?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    Why have an event to get rid of the old currency i have never played any other game where such a thing has happened . Old , redundant event currency is just that. We took a gamble and lost if they are now useless and of course they should be useless like the balloons New events starting at 0 for everyone will be fairer and should have started 2 years plus ago . We were extremely lucky to gain for a couple of years because BB made an error and be satisfied with that. You say this is just to get rid of old resources - I totally disagree - just taking them during maintenance after Christmas and giving everyone 1 gc for each is JUST getting rid of. This is to sell more gems. Otherwise tokens would have appeared for players to collect.

So the point is this special night was not necessary at all. Only a small percentage would have shrieked if after christmas they had been told they were going to get 1 gc per old item of currency. Now of course more of those with these resources would shriek if it was cancelled so the problem has been compounded. To have a Special 3 Week Night that excludes a huge number of players is never ever going to be fair. The Settlers hallways are quieter now than I have known them, is this really going to improve morale?
    I see your point(s).

All things written on this forum by the players are for 90% opinions and assumptions. Unless there is a statement from BB, they remain just that.

I am assuming the "Midsummer Special" (not event!) is BB's way of saying thank you to a loyal fanbase who have been playing this game for years. It allows them to get rid of their accumulated event items for the last time. I can see why this is perceived as not fair towards new players, but they are not the focus of this special. They will have their chance at the next Halloween event.

I find it interesting why people always bring up the good old: "BB just wants to sell gems!" argument. BB is a commercial organisation, ofcourse they want to sell gems, it makes it so I (and loads of other people) can enjoy this game for free. YOU have a choice whether or not to buy gems.

You can't have everything. I certainly couldn't when I just started.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandje26 View Post
    I see your point(s).

All things written on this forum by the players are for 90% opinions and assumptions. Unless there is a statement from BB, they remain just that.

I am assuming the "Midsummer Special" (not event!) is BB's way of saying thank you to a loyal fanbase who have been playing this game for years. It allows them to get rid of their accumulated event items for the last time. I can see why this is perceived as not fair towards new players, but they are not the focus of this special. They will have their chance at the next Halloween event.

I find it interesting why people always bring up the good old: "BB just wants to sell gems!" argument. BB is a commercial organisation, ofcourse they want to sell gems, it makes it so I (and loads of other people) can enjoy this game for free. YOU have a choice whether or not to buy gems.

Well BB will be splitting that fanbase with this special event for sure.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallicus View Post
    This is to sell more gems.
    Not only that. It provides a use for some the gems people who have invested in gem pits have laying around with nothing meaningful to use them on.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    HHAHAHHHAHAAHAAHA WHAT A JOKE BB does it again messes the people over who have been playing for years WELL DONE YOU MONEY GRABBING TROLLS im DONE with THIS GAME BYE BYE!!!!!

Please watch the language on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 22.06.15 at 16:26.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wivadee View Post
    HHAHAHHHAHAAHAAHA WHAT A JOKE BB does it again messes the people over who have been playing for years WELL DONE YOU MONEY GRABBING TROLLS im DONE with THIS GAME BYE BYE!!!!!
    So by rewarding their long term loyal customers they are messing over their new customers. If you think that then I'm glad I've never had to deal with you in game.

Please watch the language on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 22.06.15 at 16:28.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandje26 View Post
    I see your point(s).

A bigger thank you would be to reverse the disaster of 25/11 and show some loyalty to those who've chosen TSO because it wasn't some garbage PvP game, and stop trying to force even more of it down our throats whilst breaking what made it work. (Just wait until you see what escaped from the test server this time!)

And still, cannot see how many tokens we get for all our balloons. Or is that the one event resource BB are quite happy to clutter up things?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    woop thanks BB i will get 4th MMA :-))))

Reply to Thread