Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP- I don't want it!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would like to suggest a user-setting to disable all PvP-functionality ... (including new pvp-ranking button!)
    this way the players that like it, can still go for it...
    but the players that don't like it, aren't bothered by it anymore!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Have suggested something like that too - so count me in

An other idea, is to remove it and make a completely different game for it

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oh yes, please build in an "I don't want it" function to remove the pvp from that do not want it and also the idiot removed waggling button also - not interested in pvp and not interested in seeing a ranking list either!

Please do not swear on the forums, even self filtered
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 24.06.15 at 23:43.

World
    Northisle
    Thankyou, Ravel, for your reply. I'm looking forward to the new, non-PvP content enormously. I have played TSO for some time now and enjoy my time here. But I still don't want any part of PvP!

Quote Originally Posted by ksinori View Post
    1. "The initial bugs": Only a very few left.
    yes, that's why I said initial bugs. Though there were some notable issues with the last maint and it's PvP related content, so it is still true now.

It might be true that the costs of playing the PvP are not as bad as some players say. I haven't done the maths and I have no intention of doing so. But enough players have stated that it is costly and breaking even after a couple of days is not my idea of fun. But that's kind of my point- some players like PvP and some don't. For those that do, good luck to you, but I'm just not interested and it feels like it's being waved under my nose every time I log in. There's now TWO icons along the bottom dedicated to it, extra panel on the avatar icon, quests, buildings, gens......and so on.

There's no right way to play and that's part of TSO's attraction. Everyone can play in a way that suits them. But PvP is not for me- as I said, I don't want it. I'm not having a moan for the sake of it but pointing out what I believe is an issue and offering a solution in it's stead- a disable PvP button. And it seems I'm not the only player to not want any part of it.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertaDread View Post
    Oh yes, please build in an "I don't want it" function to remove the pvp from that do not want it and also the idiot removed waggling button also - not interested in pvp and not interested in seeing a ranking list either!

Please do not swear on the forums, even self filtered
    Butbutbut that would mean more development time dedicated for pvp content..

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Add me I do not want it either, it gets in the way been to that daft web forum site by accident at least twice while missing the star button...

World
    Sandycove
    if BB are unable to allow the optional removal of pvp info, please can they at least consider moving the rankings button to either the far left or far right on the menu?

I accidentally click it dozens of times day (I mean, how many times a day would a pvp player want to check the rankings anyway? Does it even warrant a button on that menu?)

A big fat -1 to the bright spark who decided it should be placed where the trade button was, likely THE most used button in the game!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    A big fat -1 to the bright spark who decided it should be placed where the trade button was, likely THE most used button in the game!
    If I wore tinfoil hats I would say that it is exactly why it was placed there.

World
    Sandycove
    I'll be careful not to turn up at the same event as you TGF, having the same hat is just not cool I wonder how the data is being portrayed - Look how popular our leader board development is, clearly the majority of players love our PV? by the number of hits the page gets.
    Or
    I think we put the button in the wrong place, there appears to be a lot of accidental clicking by players ( Note for future development - Put buy gems now button next to star )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    If I wore tinfoil hats I would say that it is exactly why it was placed there.
    I agree. It's not just an 'option' - it's being forced down our throats. More icons in our face - the thinking that if you see that you are NOT achieving in something you will be inclined to do it just to remove the feeling of under-achieving. What? I don't have a water tower? I must have one. What? It's only level 1, I must have level 2. What? I'm not on the top 10....
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread