Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PvP- I don't want it!

World
    Northisle

Unhappy PvP- I don't want it!

It seems that PvP is here to stay, which I find disappointing. I know some players enjoy it but equally, many of us do not.

I have no interest whatsoever in PvP. I started playing TSO partly because there was no sign of it. I was unhappy about the idea of it coming to TSO as I felt it would change the atmosphere of the game. The initial bugs, the terribly high cost, the poor loots all confirmed my thinking that PvP was not for me. I know I'm far from the only player to think this. Just look at chat every time a PvP related update occurs proves that.

I also don't like the focus that BB have lately been putting on PvP. The updates, the rankings, making it almost compulsory to get the top items in the last event. We were told it would be optional but it's starting to feel it's compulsory in order to progress in the game. Please, BB, don't make this happen!

My suggestion is an ability to switch all things PvP off- maybe an option in the Globe symbol at the bottom. This would remove EVERYTHING to do with PvP, including achievments, quests, build options- all of it. Except the Globe icon where it would be possible to switch it all back on again for those who have a change of heart.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    +1

Keltica
    +1

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    1. "The initial bugs": Only a very few left.
    2. "The terribly high cost": Try reading this - argument shot to pieces here: http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...vP...some-math
    Conclusion from above thread is - you break even after 1.4 to 2.1 days owning the island. (A lot sooner, when you become more experienced.)
    3. "The poor loots": That goes for normal adventures too.

Why make another one of these threads? How hard can it be to ignore, what you do not want to play?

Expedition islands is the best feature added, since I began playing.

World
    Sandycove
    +1 original thread, especially this:

I also don't like the focus that BB have lately been putting on PvP. The updates, the rankings, making it almost compulsory to get the top items in the last event. We were told it would be optional but it's starting to feel it's compulsory in order to progress in the game. Please, BB, don't make this happen!
    Which in reply to ksinori is why it is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore for those of us who do not want it and want more original core content
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    +1 original thread, especially this:

Which in reply to ksinori is why it is becoming increasingly difficult to ignore for those of us who do not want it and want more original core content
    Yes your are absolutely right +

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm still new to the game and haven't tried any pvp yet as guildies told me bad things about it. So i think I'm still neutral on pvp and will decide later on. But, somehow I dont like the new ranking button, it's just useless button to link us to a new page. Can BB just put the link button to ranking inside the globe button?

World
    Newfoundland
    While I understand that it may seem at this time like the game is introducing PvP content only, more features focusing on other game functions are in development.

We should reveal more information on this during the upcoming weeks.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    While I understand that it may seem at this time like the game is introducing PvP content only, more features focusing on other game functions are in development.

We should reveal more information on this during the upcoming weeks.
    Thanks Ravel, I do hope pvp/achievements will be included in future events too? its nice to have some diversity to them...

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    i think the point is we are not saying we don't want pvp, we know some ppl enjoy it, just stop forcing it on us. the new "link to 10 random players" button next to the star menu is just ridiculous and free game or not bb have no excuse for such poor design!

Reply to Thread