Reply to Thread

Thread: events/pvp/achievements

World
    Newfoundland

events/pvp/achievements

I suggest you follow on what you started with Easter, and incorporate more achievements and pvp within every event, it was nice to be pushed within a time deadline and to have goals set out with a decent balance between time/reward. It was also nice to be tempted away from:

halloween 2014: doing bk one after the other day after day

atleast with a mix of pvp/adventures and possibly scenarios? its varies the gameplay to break up the boredom.
    Last edited by Brayarg; 24.06.15 at 14:00.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well no I would say, unless you put in more different achievement so you have a choice. Pushing people to do the pVp to finish the egg house was a bad idea. To make it possible to finish the building in more than one way, then fine idea.
    One thing that could make me start to look for a new browser game is more of the forcing pvp on me.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well no I would say, unless you put in more different achievement so you have a choice. Pushing people to do the pVp to finish the egg house was a bad idea. To make it possible to finish the building in more than one way, then fine idea.
    One thing that could make me start to look for a new browser game is more of the forcing pvp on me.
    The egg house had something to offer everyone regardless of level, The top tier reward was there for the top tier players. the design was very good imo. Would love to see more content like this in the future.

I would however think it to be a good idea for the egg house to be up gradable again in future years, maybe 6-10? but also giving people who didn't reach 6 to obtain that too.

Making the game appeal to all players is a difficult task, The tier 6 egg house was a decent attempt at challenging engaging and reward long standing players and it certainly worked here, was a breath of fresh air as I had to debate what searches to do with my explorers as i attempted to gain all achievements. I did misjudged the switch between treasure hunts searches and pvp searches, but the uncertainty is what added to the fun.

The great thing about TSO is everything is optional, adventures, pvp, trade, scenarios... Lets say for example I hate adventures and only wish to play colonies, is it then right that i should be excluded from the event by pvp content being removed? If an entire section of the player base is going to excluded like this, how long do you think it will be before they move on?

World
    Sandycove
    I don't mind new stuff being added for the events, but make it exciting/worth doing.

In the game in general, all the recent stuff hasn't really been aimed at the older players. The scenarios are tedious and repetitive, and the new adventures lack depth.

Ravel has stated there is some new content coming for the non-pvp players - I sincerely hope it has more quality to it than the last offerings.

* Having said this, Im happy that BB are still investing time in the game
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 24.06.15 at 16:35.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    The egg house had something to offer everyone regardless of level, The top tier reward was there for the top tier players. the design was very good imo. Would love to see more content like this in the future.

I would however think it to be a good idea for the egg house to be up gradable again in future years, maybe 6-10? but also giving people who didn't reach 6 to obtain that too.

Making the game appeal to all players is a difficult task, The tier 6 egg house was a decent attempt at challenging engaging and reward long standing players and it certainly worked here, was a breath of fresh air as I had to debate what searches to do with my explorers as i attempted to gain all achievements. I did misjudged the switch between treasure hunts searches and pvp searches, but the uncertainty is what added to the fun.

The great thing about TSO is everything is optional, adventures, pvp, trade, scenarios... Lets say for example I hate adventures and only wish to play colonies, is it then right that i should be excluded from the event by pvp content being removed? If an entire section of the player base is going to excluded like this, how long do you think it will be before they move on?
    Maybe if you have played for years, or used gems to get all available explorers, it would have been possible to get enough eggs using the explorer. But for me it is hard to see the achievement in that. That is more a question off how much you are willing to pay of real money, or one more pay to win game.
    For a player who have played less than a year and bought all tavern explorers and a few explorers for gems like me- it was an impossible task. Only way left to get to level 6 was to do pvp- and that is just not going to happen - not then and I dont think ever. That is not the game I joined to play,

World
    Sandycove
    I don't mind PvP being there as an option that I'm happy to ignore at this point, but I agree it's not fair to make the only way to achieve certain goals that are connected to your home island a PvP choice. There should be multiple ways to solve/achieve things. If PvP has a reward of some kind, I think the same reward should be available via a adventure or scenario for example.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I don't mind PvP being there as an option that I'm happy to ignore at this point, but I agree it's not fair to make the only way to achieve certain goals that are connected to your home island a PvP choice. There should be multiple ways to solve/achieve things. If PvP has a reward of some kind, I think the same reward should be available via a adventure or scenario for example.
    The achievement rewards where not game breaking nor compulsory , a tier 5 or 6 residence had minimal difference. PvP gamers also had to complete X amount of adventures for the achievements, even if they didn't like playing them, seems an even playing field to me.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Brayarg View Post
    The achievement rewards where not game breaking nor compulsory , a tier 5 or 6 residence had minimal difference. PvP gamers also had to complete X amount of adventures for the achievements, even if they didn't like playing them, seems an even playing field to me.
    Even playing field is all I'm asking for. If it truly is, so be it.
    I guess having that water tower isn't that important...
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread