Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are colony rankings working?

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bfreak View Post
    Guys - you don't like this PvP or whatever it is.Ignore it, it is OPTIONAL.
    Also please ignore my comments if it's possible(you don't like PvP so it can not be so hard for you) or at least stay on the subject of the thread.
    I think, perhaps, the point I was trying to make with a little humourous expression has fallen through the cracks, so I shall elaborate:

I never said I did not like Colony Mode. I was totally shocked when I actually gave it a go during Easter and found that, putting the bugs to one side, I actually quite enjoyed it. So, I do genuinely hope that BB can and will make it work properly.

Furthermore, I believe that what I was saying was more than relevant to the topic at hand... because even if they fix the bugs with the rankings, having any sort ranking system when there are bugs that mean that, for example, players are unable to attack boss camps (and thereby complete an expedition) through no fault of their own belittles the whole point of having a ranking system, especially one that centres around efficiency.

And so, since Easter, my Armoury has been churning out weapons in the hopes that one day the expedition breaking bugs will actually be addressed.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 07.07.15 at 16:20. Reason: typo

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    I think, perhaps, the point I was trying to make with a little humourous expression has fallen through the cracks, so I shall elaborate:

I never said I did not like Colony Mode. I was totally shocked when I actually gave it a go during Easter and found that, putting the bugs to one side, I actually quite enjoyed it. So, I do genuinely hope that BB can and will make it work properly.

Furthermore, I believe that what I was saying was more than relevant to the topic at hand topic... because even if they fix the bugs with the rankings, having any sort ranking system when there are bugs that mean that, for example, players are unable to attack boss camps (and thereby complete an expedition) through no fault of their own belittles the whole point of having a ranking system, especially one that centres around efficiency.

And so, since Easter, my Armoury has been churning out weapons in the hopes that one day the expedition breaking bugs will actually be addressed.
    Here we are on the same page - if u see my previous posts, you will see that i said the same. As long as the bugs in PvP are not fixed, this ranking system is pointless.

But when i said that rankings are joke i meant that it's not working properly.

I did a small colony, and it took me ~1h. The result was updated on the ranking page with several hours delay(the info from BB is that rankings are calculated every few minutes - the delay is not so big issue ) - but it was showing that it took me 3h...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    still having problems... been doing small only. Currently the number of completed colonies is wrong every now and then it seems to miss one. Fastest time is wrong, says something like 38 mins best is 15:10 and another under 20. My average is well over an hour but I have completed 2 in under 20 minutes 6 in around 30-45 minutes and 1 around an hour, average is worse than my slowest. Maybe this has been skewed by my ditching a couple mid way, but then why display a total number alongside the average that definitely does not include ditched ones.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well even if some like them then why?
    Why the rest of us have to go to the ranking page 10 times a day, with that button next to star?
    Why do we have to have chose between having our quest button flashing or forever look at that water tower level 1?
    Why do we have to look at unfinished quests about it every time we look in quest menu?
    Why do we have to have those darn Marshalls crowding either star or map or both?

Let hose who like it enjoy it, don't keep on making the rest of us hating it even more.

Let those who like it deal with it, and let the rest of us play without it.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well even if some like them then why?
    Why the rest of us have to go to the ranking page 10 times a day, with that button next to star?
    Why do we have to have chose between having our quest button flashing or forever look at that water tower level 1?
    Why do we have to look at unfinished quests about it every time we look in quest menu?
    Why do we have to have those darn Marshalls crowding either star or map or both?

Let hose who like it enjoy it, don't keep on making the rest of us hating it even more.

Let those who like it deal with it, and let the rest of us play without it.
    Pvp is like your posts. Maybe I like them,maybe I hate them,maybe I just wish they would go away never to been seen again. The point is stop whining about what some enjoy.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Pvp is like your posts. Maybe I like them,maybe I hate them,maybe I just wish they would go away never to been seen again. The point is stop whining about what some enjoy.
    It would be so easy if they stopped trying to force-feeding them on us.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Urd123 - I from Denmark too. Not sure you are the genuine viking stuff. But good luck on the ranking list, that has been here since the game started: Most posts on forum.;-)
    Dorotheus is right. Do have some respect for the players that like to play this part of the game. You have played for such a short time - give it some more time.

For the thread - ranking lists does not work all the time. Who are we to expect that something works from the start?
    Murphy seems to take over the ranking list, when you do a fast time. (Happend to me.)
    In the first week it did not register 1 regular and 2 large islands - in the second week it did not register 1 large island. But one still gets the XP, so not a real disaster. By now BB got to know there are problems with the ranking list.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    It would be so easy if they stopped trying to force-feeding them on us.
    The folks at Blue Byte aren't going to pay any greater to you because you shoe horn your vitriol into every last thread about Colony Mode, regardless of whether or not it is actually relevant to the specific topic at hand. Actually, I'd wager that you're much more likely to have the opposite effect upon them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    The folks at Blue Byte aren't going to pay any greater to you because you shoe horn your vitriol into every last thread about Colony Mode, regardless of whether or not it is actually relevant to the specific topic at hand. Actually, I'd wager that you're much more likely to have the opposite effect upon them.
    Well that goes both ways it seems

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm having the same issues with the ratings. Both my "defeat units" and efficiency rating have been stuck for days (possibly longer). Please look into it

Well that goes both ways it seems
    This post is actual, literal nonsense.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Reply to Thread