Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Event residences

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by padster007 View Post
    population of 40 is huge for lower level players? 100 hwp and 40 marble for a noble with plenty of land to build on begs to differ. i thought the res was a pretty poor implementation.
    ..but the BL would beg to differ again..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    population of 40 is huge for lower level players? 100 hwp and 40 marble for a noble with plenty of land to build on begs to differ. i thought the res was a pretty poor implementation.
    Did you forget that the Basket building did not use up a very precious building licence, a commodity of which since the introduction of the science system leaves the new player unable to build all the buildings which the quests ask them to build as they level up and clear their island.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Aside from the fact the Easter house uses no license, costs basically nothing when exactly do you think new players reach the point that they have 5k gc that they don't need to start buying nobles. When your new anything that's free is awesome, if it gives population all the better.

+1 to idea

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post

Ok now while the house is cool it poses an number of issues;

1. you have to log in all the time
    2. You will have no control over how you use your explores, as certain quests will require you to send them out.
    3. You will have no control over what adventures you do, as BB will post a quest to do a real darling like SotV.
    4. And this is the big one, you will have to knock out resources needlessly, e.g Pay X number of gold ore or FIND X number of map frags etc.

While this appears to be a good thing, it isn’t only a handful of players i know were able to get the Easter house to level 6, many didn't because they had 20 trained explores or because they did the PvP requirement. I don't want to HAVE to do Pvp just to get the points to upgrade a house....and I sure as hell don't want to have to do it in a certain time frame.

It also does not help low levellers as they don’t have the requirements to upgrade the house past a low level, i.e 3-4, and they can not get help in obtaining more stuff to upgrade it as many of the easter points required you had to do something (i.e find x number of eggs via you expo) so they can not get help from their guild.

What this means is that a low level or any player will end up stuck with a deco item, they can not upgrade and can’t sell.

I don't want BB forcing me to do XY and Z just to upgrade an item, if they allow us to obtian event points in a number of ways and not stupid quests like find X number of this and that, fine but you are given them the green light to control how a player plays and event.

And before Kit says "oh that is because Baah trades at events" I don't nearly ALL my event items come from adventures or searches, I will be fine Others won't be.

Lets start from the begining

First BB announce Summer SHOP event - yes I call it an event, even though 99,9999% of players only know the one meaning for this word, even though english language has it plenty - everybody was happy to get rid of old resources, but the minute BB goes live with it masses start complaining. Some bcs of the lack of resources and bcs they expect to be handed everything and some bcs its just shopping spree and then back to normal again.

Then somebody suggest an Easter Basket type of building to be implemented to future event. And despite some agree, there are again people - and I will repeat myself - who want to be handed everything and don't want any challenge.

To Baaah...: It's never ment to be everything to everybody. If you want, you either pay or play (for long in this case). Well and if you don't want to do the required parts to be able to get the maximum then don't expect to have the best "in case of this thread lvl6 house"

+1 to this general suggestion - to have some content that actually makes players want to play during event and between them, if you (want to be/want to have) the best
    -1 to your complaining

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    No. no. no. no. The Easter Egg House is so ugly, I want a skin to make it fit in with everything else better

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrisitiggsy View Post
    No. no. no. no. The Easter Egg House is so ugly, I want a skin to make it fit in with everything else better
    Easier solution.. Hide it behind a tree.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    I put it next to a school - I figured it was kind of childlike so it fits for me.

I would like to re-point the thread back to how it would be nice to have a haunted house from Halloween, Santa house from Christmas, maybe football pitch from world cup? Yes I guess the aesthetics would be a little weird but I have Christmas trees and snowmen and now the Easter house so I'm adapting to the fantasy side of it I suppose.

Skin choices though would be a fantastic option. Maybe something to find as loot or a special buff that could be made?
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I've tried hiding it. It doesn't work.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrisitiggsy View Post
    I've tried hiding it. It doesn't work.
    Turn down the gamma setting on your graphics card, it works wonders for hiding stuff.:-)
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread