World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
    Battle buffs should be made own adventure only buffs
    NO.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I find myself wondering why this thread even exists, it's not a bug. The adventure invite is intended so that you can share an adventure with friends, that we have come up with a understanding that by sharing they first buy 1 fish of us at a vastly inflated price and then after that they do the bare minimum to ensure that they get a share of the loot.

We look at guides, we use sims, we crunch our own numbers all in the pursuit of minimizing our losses for the greatest amount of damage to the enemy. Do I see anyone moaning about a lucky Assassin in DB, no I don't. What I do see is people moaning about a lucky RoA because they failed to account for it and then have the gall to whine to BB for the players lack of foresight. Players moaning about somebody having a good day. Why do you think this is a different situation than that where a player has failed to make a kill because they have lost connection or because they sent the wrong troops and either do not have the time to send another general or some other reason. In those cases the expected respond is a refund of the lootspot. Do the reasonable thing in this case and do the same, after all the lootspotter has not lost troops they have not lost resources and like any other failed lootspot all they have lost is a little bit of time.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Usually my chatting with the lootspot buyer goes like this. First I tell tell not to use any buffs yet before the other lootspotter has gotten his kill. And then I tell them that the other lootspotter is about to make his attack because his general has been walking for 15 minutes so could he wait just couple of seconds. And then I ask why did he use a buff that I just told him not to do.

In my opinion, I would first look into the interest of the other lootspot buyer. If his camp was wiped just before him, I would wait until he comes online next time to make another attack. Surely any buff-using lootspot buyer can wait 12 days for that to happen, as you said, he will lose only some time. There is no reason to end the adventure too early just because somebody is in a hurry because it was his fault we got into this mess.

About refund, why the lootspot buyer should pay all the money back although he didn't do anything wrong? Shouldn't the player who messed up everything be the one who pays the refund?

And if you send wrong troops or do not have time to send another general, is that also a reasonable cause to get money back?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I find myself wondering why this thread even exists, it's not a bug. The adventure invite is intended so that you can share an adventure with friends, that we have come up with a understanding that by sharing they first buy 1 fish of us at a vastly inflated price and then after that they do the bare minimum to ensure that they get a share of the loot.

We look at guides, we use sims, we crunch our own numbers all in the pursuit of minimizing our losses for the greatest amount of damage to the enemy. Do I see anyone moaning about a lucky Assassin in DB, no I don't. What I do see is people moaning about a lucky RoA because they failed to account for it and then have the gall to whine to BB for the players lack of foresight. Players moaning about somebody having a good day. Why do you think this is a different situation than that where a player has failed to make a kill because they have lost connection or because they sent the wrong troops and either do not have the time to send another general or some other reason. In those cases the expected respond is a refund of the lootspot. Do the reasonable thing in this case and do the same, after all the lootspotter has not lost troops they have not lost resources and like any other failed lootspot all they have lost is a little bit of time.
    In the OP, it also says that the adventure automatically ended instantly after the camp died, which does seem like a bug to me. With trusted lootspot buyers (in-guild) it's not uncommon for us to finish the adventure before the lootspot buyers arrive, allowing the seller to leave and do IRL stuff. The buyers can then make their kills and finish the adventure by accepting the quest. If the adventures start simply ending when the quest objectives have been completed, that would prevent us from using this convenient little trick.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by EctoRune View Post
    In the OP, it also says that the adventure automatically ended instantly after the camp died, which does seem like a bug to me. With trusted lootspot buyers (in-guild) it's not uncommon for us to finish the adventure before the lootspot buyers arrive, allowing the seller to leave and do IRL stuff. The buyers can then make their kills and finish the adventure by accepting the quest. If the adventures start simply ending when the quest objectives have been completed, that would prevent us from using this convenient little trick.
    Reread the original post, they never said instantly. One thing I find strange is that at this point in time I see nothing in this thread to show who the owner was. The op was the lootspotter who used arrows. As it stands we don't know if it was a bug that ended or if the owner was premature on hitting the complete button. I have had several occasions where somebody else hit complete and due to lag did not see the quest complete pop up before the return home window.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Reread the original post, they never said instantly. One thing I find strange is that at this point in time I see nothing in this thread to show who the owner was. The op was the lootspotter who used arrows. As it stands we don't know if it was a bug that ended or if the owner was premature on hitting the complete button. I have had several occasions where somebody else hit complete and due to lag did not see the quest complete pop up before the return home window.
    I don't think the wording is really crucial - instantly vs right after doesn't make much of a difference to my mind. The question is whether the quest ended itself, or if it was ended by another player. From the thread, it's not really possible to tell, but it's surely worth keeping a thread to see if any other people have experienced the same.

I personally have experienced something similar, on a Dark Priests I did a very long time ago. However, my opinion is that the other person probably just messed up and didn't want to admit it, since this was back in 2012 when 100gc was actually an amount of gold worth talking about ^_^
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    From the way I read the OP, the arrows used was fortunate in that they wiped out the leader BUT that then meant all camps in that sector completed as well. As it was a FairyTale adventure there was no other camps for the other LS buyer to attack and the quest message would appear in top left corner at that time.
    I have known this happen to me as a LS person where the owner was thinning out the last leader with an arrow buff, I was part way to another lootspot camp but the arrows did maximum damage and I had nothing to attack. Unfortunate for all but the arrows buff is a random buff.

Reply to Thread